Never Had

Taking Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Making his way towards her, Kyungsoo tires his best to give the nicest smile her could give in case he threw her off with such offer. “Since it’s your first time here, I think. . . it would be a great idea. Treat me as a tour guide.” He encourages making Taeri tilt her head, thinking about what he just said. Although it made her all suspicious at first, being that she always has the most fictional scenarios and ideas in her head for every event, he made a point when he mentioned ‘tour guide’ as the reason. She never was the adventurous type so having a ‘tour guide’ would help her explore the place even more and not waste her one week of stay.

“No need to pay you right?”

Hearing what she asked, Kyungsoo let out a small chuckle finding her adorable for actually asking that. “Of course not, I thought. . . since we’re technically living in the same roof for a week, might as well create a small bond between us just to make things easier.” He explains before taking a few steps ahead of her. He then turns his head to look at her again. “So, shall we?” He asks. Taeri raises a brow as she hesitantly followed. “Well I guess I could trust you right? You have a profession that protects and saves all lives. But I hope your not a doctor like that one in the Human Centipede though because I swear I don’t have any plans on consuming anybody’s this week. Or like never.” She hisses in a cool manner again, making the man put on a smug smile while shaking his head.

“By the way, what are you talking about?”

“Oh it’s a movie—ugh, there’s no point in telling you. That movie’s disgustingly ty anyway.”

Walking together to the entrance, there was silence. But surprisingly enough, it wasn’t awkward at all. They got admitted at the counter one after the other before making their way inside. “Honestly, I’ve never been to a beach before. How many times have you been here?” Taeri opens up a conversation as they walk around, at the same time, she looks around the tropical vibe of the place. “This place is gorgeous.” She mumbles out. “I believe I’ve been going here since I was twelve with my family. Right there, by the bar, you see?” He answers before pointing out at a certain direction. “There used to be a stage there where people can perform, most of them perform songs that you could dance to while drinking. Now it’s all. . . digitally played by DJs. Not as fun as before.” He explains.

Taer claps her hand twice while nodding. “I know right? Partying to live music is so much better, aww I wish I could try that. Never done that before.” She agrees while fake-crying. “You know I had a story before, it was about a young woman who met a stranger at a similar place. She ran away from home and went to an island just like this, the man happened to be the owner of the resort just beside it. It was like a love at first sight for her and she went with him everywhere.” Taeri begins talking non-stop about her story. “That’s a nice story, I thought you write thriller ones?” Kyungsoo asks. “Not done talking.” Taeri answers right off while putting her index finger up. “So, this man, brought her to the remote area of the island, it’s like a creepy forest during the night. He killed her, chopped off her body and buried each piece in different places. Before opening an island-wide game for all the tourists to find each piece, not knowing what they were but they still did it because the price is really big and also, once they join the game, they can’t back out and if they do. . . they die. . . the same way the woman did. The island owner is a millionaire psychopath.” She finishes off her story with her wide stare as if trying to terrify him.

Kyungsoo just blinked couple time to process her story into his head.

“Oh. . . sound promising.” He mutters before looking away. “I know right?!~ This is why I will never understand why the publisher did not approve such wonderful story.” She stomps while snapping her fingers. “Oh really.” Kyungsoo asks while clearing his throat trying to hold his laugh. He actually thought she has a talent but she seems to overdo it. “Also, you know what? The woman actually did fall in love with that psychopath. . . it was her first love, it was. . . the first time she felt content all her life as if nothing was wrong, when she was with him. She was an orphan who was adopted by a rich couple who used the ‘adopting’ news to show-off to people that they were good rich people but they never really treated her like a real child of their own, it was all for publicity. She lived her whole life being known as the adopted daughter of that rich figures. When the rich couple died, their real children, her non-biological siblings, made her life miserable. So... being with that psychopath, although ended miserably, was the best thing that’s ever happened to her.” She then begins explaining the woman’s side of the story.

“Wow.” Kyungsoo mutters while looking at her. He was surprised to see a tinge of tears forming in her eyes while speaking. They arrived at an outdoor restaurant and Kyungsoo pulled out a chair for her. “Thanks.” Taeri says while chuckling. Kyungsoo went

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter