Just Do It

Taking Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“No, I haven’t gone to the resort yet.”

Glancing at the front door for the tenth time, Kyungsoo rubs his index finger and thumb together – a manner that he does when he’s feeling impatient and anxious. He didn’t forget that he agreed to take Taeri along with him to the resort. “Oh really? It’s already 10AM, we all know it’s best to go a little earlier than that, son. A lot of people there by now, for sure.” His mom says on the other line. “I know but uncle had a tenant who got lost on her way to the resort yesterday so I told her I’ll help her and maybe tour her around if she needs it.” He explains and again, glancing at the door. “Oh maybe she has left already? Why don’t you check?” His mom suggests with a worried tone. “No, I’m sure she’s not up yet. I woke up at five like the usuaL. I’ve been up since then and I haven’t seen her. Maybe I should check on her. Alright, talk to you later, mom. Bye.” He bids goodbye first before hanging up.

He flicks his tongue showing light irritation as he takes heavy steps back inside.

He makes his way upstairs with uncertainty. Scenarios filling up his mind right away; finding her unconscious, finding out that she’s gone and the worst for him, finding her still sleeping at this kind of time. He hates people who sleeps too much, he’s an early-bird.

He arrives right in front of the door and lifts his fist up to knock. Three times he did it before clearing his throat. “Excuse me? Taeri ssi, would you still like me to accompany you on your way to the resort?” He asks, putting his ear a little closer to the door. He knocks three times once again before falling into silence waiting for any response. “Are you alright, Taeri ssi? I’m sorry but if you don’t respond by my third knock, I’d halve to come in to make sure you’re okay—“ He couldn’t finish his sentence when the door swung open. Messy hair and pajamas – he was sure she just woke up. Glancing behind her just for the sake of making sure everything was alright, he saw her bed with cans of beer, papers scattered all around and a laptop.

“Oh my god, I’m so sorry. I totally forgot about that. I-I was up all night I just. . . I’m so sorry.” She apologized many times before rushing to the bathroom. Kyungsoo clears his throat while standing motionless there.

“Well then, I guess I should just leav—”

“No! Wait for me please? Kyungsoo ssi? I’ll be very quick. Thank you!”

He lets out a sigh as he glances at his watch. A woman saying she’ll be quick is just very difficult to believe a lot of times.

But being a patient person that he is, he just waited there at the door, not moving an inch. Although, he occasionally glances at the bed which is a total mess. He was about to call his mom back when the woman appeared quite faster than he thought she would. He kept his phone back to his pocket before looking up at her. She had her hair tied up in a bun, she was wearing a plain but fitted white shirt that’s under a brown cardigan, some black leggings and sandals – that’s it. She grabs a large shoulder bag before making her way towards him. “I’m so sorry again. I was up all night so I overslept.” She apologizes, yet again. “That’s alright, no worries. Were you writing?” he asks just to open up a conversation. He walks to the stairs ahead of her while she follows behind.

“Uhm. . . No, I was actually watching a drama. I just couldn’t stop but believe me I tried. I keep saying ‘one more can of beer and I’m done with this episode’ and then I ended up finishing the whole drama.” She explains with so much passion and frustration. Kyungsoo’s lips curve up into a small smile while listening to her rant as if it was the most stressful thing that could ever happen to a human being. She makes it sound like worse problems could kill her but at the same time, she’s still able to show this very carefree attitude which is weird for him. “Anyway.” He clears his throat and tried to think of what to say as they head ou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter