Game?

Taking Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Happy birthday! We miss you, dude! What the —we thought you forgot about us already. Yah!~”

Taeri stands in silence behind Hyunwoo as he greets each of his friends who just arrived. “And Kyungsoo! Are you still boring, bro?~” They moved on to Kyungsoo right away giving him a group hug in between teases. Hera and Taeri made a short eye-contact while chuckling. “Wow, it smells so good in here. We can smell a housewife!” One of them named, Taeguk teases while wiggling his brows at Kyungsoo. “How does it feel being married, Doctor?” Another guy, Junho asks. Everyone grew quiet as Hyunwoo taps the guy on the back.

Taking it in calmly, Kyungsoo responds with a smile while shaking his head. “Oh —no, wait. . . I’m sorry, I forgot. Sorry.” Junho hugs the guy while tapping his back, finally remembering what happened. “No, it’s okay. It’s normal to forget such things sometimes.” Kyungsoo assures before pulling away from the hug. “I cooked the food you’re smelling right now, got a little help with Hyunwoo and h-his girlfriend. Anyway, you guys just sit and realx for a while, I’ll prepare the table.” He explains kindly before walking off to the kitchen.

“Yah, be careful next time.” Hyunwoo muffles and the other guys all nodded along. “It’s just that the last time we met, Nami’s still around. Honest mistake, dude.” Junho puts his hands up in defense as they all walk together to the living room. “Anyway, this is my girlfriend. Kim Taeri.” Hyunwoo changes the subject as soon as they were all settled down the couch. “Hello, I’m Kim Taeri.” Taeri awkwardly greets while bowing, the guys briefly stood up to do the same before sitting back down. “Oh and this is Hera. She’s Kyungsoo’s friend.” Hyunwoo adds, not forgetting the other lady. “Hi guys. What’s up~ I’m Hera. Let’s have fun tonight!” Hera enthusiastically greets making the guys awkwardly laugh while nodding – weirded out at how strong she comes off.

“So you’re dating Kyungsoo right?” One friend, Minseok asks. “Oh, no no~ we’re just friends.” Hera explains making Taeri tilt her head a little, wondering if she should believe that and be relieved or not. “Aw, poor guy. Hyunwoo-yah, he hasn’t dated since. . . since Nami?” Taeguk mumbles out while glancing at the kitchen, making sure he wasn’t too loud. “He has a few times but nothing serious yet. He told me, he only lasts for like a few dates.” Hyunwoo explains with a frown. The whole time, Taeri just listens silently while standing behind her boyfriend. “Jesus, we need to hire him a hooker or something. No wonder he looks sad and worn out as , he probably hasn’t gotten any loving for a year now.” Minseok jokes while doing a high-five with the guys except Hyunwoo who just sighed. “You guys, stop pulling the joke on him. He’s the host of this party, don’t be s.” He defends.

“Hey~ we’re not. We’re actually just concerned. We haven’t met him since the funeral and honestly, it to see him still alone.”

“He’s doing fine, just don’t rub it on him too much. We’re here to be happy and celebrate my birthday, no negative vibes, okay?” Hyunwoo hisses while shaking his head. “Anyway, it’s been a while guys. Tell me what you do now?” He changed the subject as soon as he could. The moment the guys started talking, Hera and Taeri had a mutual desire of running away so they went to the kitchen instead. “Oh my, they’re all hot. How to choose?” Hera asks as soon as they were in the kitchen. Kyungsoo closes the fridge to look at her while chuckling. “Yah, they’re all married. Don’t even try.” He says before bringing the bowl of ice to the dining table. Taeri looks away with a stiff face, she feels like Kyungsoo said that because of jealousy. “You guys, how can you all be so attractive? Were you like. . . F4 back then? Except there’s seven of you?” Hera asks back instead, ignoring Kyungsoo’s reply. “Right, Taeri-yah? They’re all seriously hot. Excluding Hyunwoo, out of them seven, who would you have a drunken with tonight? Excluding Hyunwoo, I repeat. It must be hard for you, you must only see Hyunwoo’s face when it comes to that but this is just a random interview. This is just a scenario, don’t take it seriously.” She adds looking at the ever-so-silent lady. “U-uh. . . none.” Taeri answers right away while blinking rapidly. “Eyy~ we’re all adults here. C’mon, Kyungsoo won’t tell. He’s included in the choices, like I said, except your boyfriend.” Hera pushes while wiggling her brows.

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes as he continues fixing the table but remains all ears to the ladies’ conversation.

“I said none already. . . I c-can’t think of anyone. I didn’t really look at them that well so I don’t know their faces yet. I can’t just choose without even knowing their faces.” Taeri answers while rubbing the back of her neck. “Kyungsoo it is.” Hera answers surprising Kyungsoo. He turns around giving the older woman a look while glancing at Taeri’s back figure. “H-huh? How did that happen—no!” Taeri argues while shaking her head eagerly. “Because~ he’s the only face you know well. That’s normal, I can’t imagine having with someone without a face in my head. Let’s go with Kyungsoo then.” Hera laughs, making the best segue ever. “I-it’s not like that.” Taeri tries to defend before grabbing a bottle of water to drink. “Noona, stop teasing her.” Kyungsoo comes in the picture as he walks to the cupboard to get one more wine glass. “And also, what’s so fun about drunken ? You can do it to anyone and it wouldn’t bother you. Nothing special with that.” He asks nonchalantly before gazing at Taeri. “Taeri seems to be the person who can only do such beautiful thing if there’s feelings included. . . so, the only answer is Hyunwoo.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter