Mysterious

Taking Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sitting down the high chair by the kitchen island, Kyungsoo randomly stabs pieces of long beans from the stir-fry that he just cooked. The silence of the huge villa comforted him from his mindless thoughts. He liked it. He has always liked the cosiness that silence could give him. He looks around the big kitchen while chewing. He thoughts the whole place has never changed since he last visited a year ago with Kang Nami, his late fiancée. “Nami-yah, you always liked the breeze in this place, I could feel it coming from the open windows.” He speaks, as if she was present close to him.

Saying every word, he wonders what he would really say if she was there. If she was still alive. . .

Is he going to hug and forgive her?

Or is he going to end things?

He shakes his head while chuckling. “You’re unfair, Nami. You didn’t even give me a chance to feel pain from what you did. You betrayed me but now all I feel is the pain from losing you. You died through my own hands.” He continues, his hand eventually letting go of the fork. He makes a blowfish, trying to calm himself down. He thought he was here to relax and to finally move on from everything but all he could think of right now was the same damn thing that’s been filling up his head for a long time. He stands up, carrying his empty bowl along.

He turns around, about to walk to the sink when he stops from his tracks. His eyes landed on the entrance door of the house, the woman from earlier standing there with a bewildered face. Her eyes were looking from left to right, as if thinking of a quick escape plan. She looked like she just saw Jason Voorhees of Friday the 13th. Kyungsoo put the bowl back to the kitchen island before putting his hands up in defense. “I-I did not kill anyone.” He explains, assuming she just heard everything.

She took a big gulp while slowly turning the door knob that she was still holding onto tightly. “I-I’ll keep my mouth shut, I swear. Just don’t kill me next. I-I didn’t hear anything, you’re not a r-revenge killer.” She whimpers while hugging her bag with his other arm. “No no no, wait—let me explain.” Kyungsoo rushes to her earning a loud and fearful squeal from her. “I won’t betray you, I’ll keep my mouth shut, I swear. Just don’t kill me please!” She begins crying as she turns the knob completely to get out. “Wait—no, I said let me explain, the girl cheated on me.” Kyungsoo explains in panic.

“Oh my god, you killed your girlfriend for cheating, oh my god!” She runs out towards the tall gates of the villa. “What?” Kyungsoo asks in bewilderment before chasing her. “Don’t follow me, I’ll call the police!” She threatens while using he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter