Chance Taken

Taking Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Wow~ this feels like university days, don’t you think?”

A small chuckle came out of Kyungsoo as he glances at each one of them, his eyes lastly landing down at Taeri’s direction. After eating, they cleared Kyungsoo’s coffee table in the living room and sat down right on the area rug, forming a big circle. “Oh my god, this is thrilling. I haven’t done this in ages.” Hera grins while clapping her hands. Hyunwoo takes a small sip on his beer before rubbing his hands together. “Okay, since it’s my birthday, I should do the first spin, right?” He asks. “Sure but before that, what are the consequences for those whole fail to do their dare or can’t answer the truth?” Junho asks while putting a hand up like a student.

“First, those who fail to do the dare, they need to take a shot and the shots increase as much as your fails; first fail is one shot, second fail is two shots and so on and so forth, you get what I mean. Second, those who fail to answer the truth. . . needs to kiss the other person across them, anywhere! But there’s a small twist, for every kissing consequence that happens, once a certain area has been kissed, you can’t kiss the same area again. For example, Junho has kissed Jinki’s forehead, no one is allowed to kiss on the forehead again. Like a first come, first serve kind of rule.” Taeguk confidently announces in detail. “So there won’t be any killer joy’s throughout the game, like those who don’t want to participate properly! Let’s take this seriously, this only happens once in a blue moon.” He adds while clapping his hands excitedly.

Everyone grew shock at the brutal consequences.

Especially Taeri who’s now staring right at Kyungsoo across her. Hyunwoo who was beside her glared at Taeguk right away. “Wait, that can’t do. Yah. That’s too critical, especially the second consequence? That’s not right.” He hisses while shaking his head. “He’s right! We’re mostly guys here, married guys to be exact, what the , man?” Jinki asks throwing an empty plastic cup at the guy while laughing. “Wouldn’t it be funnier, I can totally tell my wife I just kissed a man for a consequence and she’ll just laugh at me. And besides, it’s only for those who don’t have the guts to tell the truth anyway. Although Hyunwoo and Kyungsoo are the lucky ones, they’re right in front of the only girls.” Minseok points out. “Dude, wanna switch?” Hyunwoo mouths at Kyungsoo who only shook his head before taking a sip on his beer. “This is just a game, Hyunwoo. And it’s only the consequence, I might only kiss your girl if I’m not truthful.” He answers confidently before gazing his eyes at Taeri who’s as stiff as a statue right now.

“Yeah~ That’s true. Taeri ssi, you need to force Hyunwoo to be honest or else, he’ll have to kiss Hera in front of you and that might . Okay?” Hyungsik reminds while laughing with the other guys. “This game’s dumb. Whatever.” Hyunwoo muffles while glaring at the bottle at the middle. “Hey~ why are you too worried even? You guys, it’s not a big deal if you don’t have any plans on lying right? And besides, you should be more worried on the other consequence, that’s more brutal to be honest. So let’s all enjoy!” Jinki asks with a scoff before pointing at Hyunwoo. “Birthday boy, you may start!” He chants.

Lazily, Hyunwoo reaches for the bottle and made the first spin.

Hera and Kyungsoo who were sitting right beside each other made a quick eye-contact. “Are you planning to lie later? Cause things will get dark as if you do that, you know.” Hera mumbles making Kyungsoo roll his eyes. “Silly.” He mutters before looking down the spinning bottle.

Hyunwoo spun the bottle so hard that it took a while before it stopped.

When it finally did, it stopped right in front of Taeguk.

“Oh yes, perfect. Now if you fail, you’re going to have a taste of your own medicine.” Hyunwoo grunts cockily before rubbing his hands, in deep thought of what to make the guy do or say. “Truth or Dare?” He asks. Taeguk looks up while thinking really hard. “Okay, let’s start it easy.” He answers after a while before taking a big gulp on his beer. “I choose. . . dare. Let’s save truth for later cause that’s crucial.” He answers while wiggling his brows at Hyungsik who’s right across him. “Ugh, you’re disgusting man.” The guy replies while laughing.

Hyunwoo clears his throat while thinking of the hardest dare he could think of. “Let’s stat with a basic one. Do forty push-ups with one hand.” He commands proudly. “Wha—yah! That’s so unfair.” Taeguk, being a chubby man, complains while pointing at the birthday boy. “Nothing is fair in this world, c’mon! You said no killer joy’s? At least try to burn a bit of your fats, will you?~” Hyunwoo teases. Kyungsoo only shakes his head while watching. “Cho Taeguk! Cho Taeguk! Cho Taeguk!” The guys begin cheering while the girls just giggle along. Taeguk moves away from the circle before going on a planking position.

The man begins his dare, obviously struggling.

“Hey. . . he’s having a hard time, don’t you think?” Taeri whispers to Hyunwoo who was enjoying it so much. “He’s an anyway.” The guy whispers back before screaming while clapping his hands. Unfortunately, Taeguk only got to do 10 push-ups before his body finally gave up. “You did good! That’s a good number, still two digits. Just take a shot, bud.” Jinki comforts as the guy comes back into the circle. Taeguk breathes in heavily before being able to put on a smile on his face. He takes a shot as consequence and everyone cheered. “Aish, you’re such an Hyunwoo.” He says as soon as he finished the shot. He grabs the bottle at the center and even did a quick stretch as if he’s playing sports.

The game went on and everyone had their fair shares of truth and dares, including the consequences.

In half an hour, half of them are already intoxicated.

So far, three of them has done the kissing consequences; forehead, cheeks and chin are already crossed out of the choices.

“SPIN!” Jinki screams, cheering for Hera who’s about to spin the bottle. She did a very light one while giggling. “Aigoo, she’s so drunk.” Hyunwoo mutters to Taeri who only nodded silently.

And as if she planned it, the bottle pointed at Kyungsoo.

“Wow, how did you?” Kyungsoo laughs while pointing at the woman who was doing a crazy dance with her arms. “Eyy~ I can see spark in this two!” Some of the guys tease. “Please don’t make me dance again like Hyungsik did.” Kyungsoo mutters nervously. Earlier, he got the dare of a y dance and as much as he hated it, he still did it. “No of course not~ You can’t get dare again, truth it is!” Hera excitedly replies before putting on a smirk. “Oh god, she’s so cute.” Kyungsoo laughs at the drunk woman. His eyes landed at Taeri who only smiled a little before looking away. 

“So Kyungsoo. . . W-when. . . when was the last time. . . you made love with someone? And~ Like I said, made love. Not just , okay!”

Everyone automatically cheered so loudly as soon as Hera finished the question.

“Do Kyungsoo! Do Kyungsoo! Do Kyungsoo!”

“C’mon! Answer it now, bro! Just answer it, please! We’re all adults here.” Hyunwoo hisses hard while chuckling in between, getting nervous that the guy won’t answer the truth. “I bet it’s been a year!” Taeguk teases and did a high-five with some of the guys. “I bet never!” Minseok adds up making Kyungsoo himself laugh while shaking his head. He clears his throat before glancing at Taeri, not even avoiding her eyes as he prepares to answer.

“Six months ago.”

“Wait—what?!” Hyunwoo exclaims in complete shock. “Why didn’t I know about this, bro?~ You said you only went on dates.” He asks while clapping his hands. Taeri gulps hard while looking back at Kyungsoo who was smiling while rubbing the back of his neck. “hey hey~ Hera ssi said clearly, not just some hook up! Bro, there’s a difference!” Junho points out making Kyungsoo turn to him. “It wasn’t.” he answers straightforwardly.

Taeri’s heart skipped a beat at how he answered it like a man.

“Wait—you mean you love this girl? Where is she? Yah, are you hiding a girlfriend from us?~” Taeguk interrogates. “Guys, I answered it didn’t I?” Kyungsoo briefly replies while trying to grab the bottle but the two guys closest to him kept pinning him down for interrogation. “Come on! Someone, hold this guy up for investigation!” Minseok rushes to the guy’s side holding him on the shoulders. “Hyunwoo-yah, I thought he doesn’t have a girlfriend?” Jinki asks, as if they’re real cops. “What the—stop!” Kyungsoo tries squirming away while laughing, already getting red because of how silly his friends are. “C’mon, we need to know if this is the truth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter