Wrong Time

Taking Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was wrong but it felt right. Escaping reality is hard but escaping it together isn’t. From one time, it became the second, the third, the fourth time until they lost track of everything. They let the days go by holding each other like nothing else mattered, they touched as if they have touched for years, they made love as if what they have was real.

Because of how things started in such a sinful and unlikely way, the two of them agreed not to go through this after the trip and eventually forget about each other and everything that happened once they part ways. No feelings attached, no future. 

Just like what they said, 'Whatever happens on this island, stays on this island.' 

 

“You know what’s funny?”

Gazing his fingertips on her smooth shoulder, he hugs her from behind might tighter until he was burying his face on the crook of her neck. “What is?” He whispers, teasingly biting on her earlobe making the woman squirm, splashes of water from the tub met the floor. “This is my first time hooking up with someone.” Taeri answers. Her statement felt poison in his ears because for him, it was nowhere near a hook-up. It wasn’t just a hook up. “Like. . . it feels like a honeymoon but with a total stranger, wow I sounded like a total right there. You're a really good guy though, your next relationship would be awesome I bet you.” She adds before turning her head to look at him, their faces dangerously close. “The girl you love. . . you should forget her and be happy. Find someone who wouldn't only support you on saving lives but also. . . your cooking skills. Nothing feels better than earning appreciation for something that you actually love doing. Who said you can't be a doctor and a chef at the same time? Scalpels and knives are quite similar eh?” She teases with a smile but lost it right away because of how Kyungsoo stared back at her. “After all these.. . we’re going back to our own lives. . . " She mumbles out, her voice slowly getting unconnected with what she was saying. “Like nothing ever happened.” She lastly adds before looking back down again, running her hands across the water, catching some bubbles on her hands.

“But something did happen.”

Feeling a twitch on her chest, she moves away from his chest while chuckling. “Yah, what do you mean? We totally agreed whatever happens here, stays here.” She asks, splashing him some water to ease the tension he created. Staying silent for a few seconds, Kyungsoo clears his throat before smiling. “Yeah, I was kidding. Got ya.” He responds earning a light hit from her on his chest. “Yah, you goof.” She groans before moving close to him again until her legs were around his waist under the water. “That’s a relief because I really don’t want anything serious from something so sinful and unacceptable like this, I was never raised to do this. My mom would kill me if she finds out. So this will be our dirty little secret that we should keep for the rest of our lives. Are we clear Dr. Chef? Also, this is not how I imagine any of my relationships to start.” She adds while nuzzling their noses together. “Why, what’s your dream relationship? How would you like everything to begin?” Kyungsoo asks, wrapping his arms around her tiny waist to pull her in. “I want it to start with. . . meeting in a nice place, like a nice cafe at night? And we’ll. . . bump at each other, my paper works would fall on the floor and we’ll help each other to get each one of them. . . and our hands would meet.” She answers immediately with her dreamy eyes.

A mocking laugh came out of Kyungsoo’s mouth.

“If I didn’t know you were a thriller writer, I would think you were one of those romance writers who idealize relationships unrealistically.” He teases earning a pout from her. “Yah, I believe that can happen. That has happened to me before, like the bumping incident. Unfortunately, the guy was with a girl so. . . I backed off right away. I am a good citizen.” She proudly announces making Kyungsoo laugh while shaking his head. “Did he help you pick your things up though?” Kyungsoo asks. Taeri takes in a deep breath while thinking. “No, I didn’t have things on my hands that time but still, we met eyes so if the girl wasn’t there, something could have happened. He even apologized to me and asked if I want a new coffee cause the coffee I was holding spilled a bit, luckily not on my shirt though or I could have really hurt that guy physically.” She excitedly tells the whole story.

Kyungsoo turns silent as he listens to every detail.

 

“Oh my god, I’m so sorry.”

Looking at the stranger in front of him, having a half-spilled coffee on her hand. He felt so bad when he saw how her hand trembled at the sensation of the hot liquid running down her wrist when it spilled quite a bit.

“Would you like a new drink? I’m so sorry.”

He offers but before he could get a respond, his girlfriend, drags him away.

“Oppa, let’s go I’m starving.” The girlfriend hisses before glancing at the other girl. “Look miss, I’m sorry but you were obviously on the way. Be careful next time.” She obnoxiously apologizes before completely walking away with him.

He gives one more glance at the girl whom he saw walking away already while shaking her head in disappointment.

Looking back at his girlfriend, he clears his throat to control his temper.

“Nami-yah, we could have bought her a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter