Double Date (1)

Taking Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kyungsoo wears his black leather jacket over a black printed shirt. He dusts off his, again with the same color, black ripped jeans before staring at himself on the mirror one last time. As much as he could, he tried to look his best today. Although he’s been dating around, he never really gave it all to impress. Is he now? He’s not entirely sure. Whether it’s to impress this Hera girl or for a different reason, he doesn’t really know. 

All he knows is that he’s tired of it all.

He decided that his last conversation with Taeri a few days ago will be the last time he’ll act so pathetically, especially to his feelings.

“Let’s see if you’ll enjoy this.” He runs his fingers through his hair swiping it a bit messily. “Oh god, what am I wearing.” He mutters to himself realizing how different his fashion is for today. Definitely not for a thirty-one-year-old like him. The last time he wore such thing was back in his university days and it was just once when they had a themed party in their department.

“Ugh, whatever.” He walks away from the mirror to get a watch from his closet. As he was wearing it, his phone beeped. He finishes it off first before taking his phone out of his pocket. It was a text from Hyunwoo.

[From: Hyunwoo]

Dude, we’re on our way to the theme park but we’re picking up Taeri’s friend first. What about you?

Reading it once only, he keeps his phone back into his pocket before getting out of his room. He lastly grabs his wallet and keys before leaving the house. Being a gentleman that he always was, he first drops by a chocolatier shop to buy chocolates for this girl he’s going to meet. He always does it on his first dates, he never goes on a first date without buying anything for the girl, either chocolates or flowers. He grew up seeing his father always giving his mother small but meaningful gifts once in a while and he never fails to see the change in her eyes. He always told himself he’s going to make whoever he’s meeting smile like his mother does when she received gifts from her husband. He might have difficult and strict parents but they’ve always been a good example when it comes to relationships, they sincerely care for each other.

One thing that Kyungsoo always dreamt of having.

Now, it’s not that he likes this girl, he’s just used to doing so.

And this time will not be an exception of his habit.

He gets back in to his car and places the heart-shaped box of chocolates on the passenger’s seat before driving off to the theme park.

 

_ _ _

 

“Is he close yet?”

Hera, Taeri’s friend, asks for the third time since they arrived in the theme park. They arrived about twenty-five minutes ago and Kyungsoo hasn’t answered Hyunwoo’s text yet. “I don’t know, he didn’t answer my text earlier. Don’t worry, he’ll be here soon for sure.” The guy reassures before grabbing Taeri’s hand to bring her a few meters away from Hera. “I don’t know why he’s not answering, I’m sorry.” Hyunwoo apologizes, feeling bad for Taeri’s friend. “You think he can ditch us?” Taeri asks in worry, remembering their last conversation. Honestly, she wouldn’t be surprised if he really ditched them after that. She glances at Hera who keeps on looking around while pulling down her dress lower to her knees. “Hera unni even went to the salon to get her hair and makeup down, seriously, she was really looking forward to this.” Taeri hushes.

“I know, p-please don’t get mad. I will call her, hm? Don’t worry. Give me a sec.” Hyunwoo replies before taking his phone out to call his friend. “It’s ringing.” He mouths while looking around with his phone on his ear. “Yup?” Kyungsoo answers after a few rings. “Yah, what the hell, man. Where are you?” Hyunwoo asks while eyeing Taeri. “Where else, I’m beside Hera ssi.” Kyungsoo answers making Hyunwoo turn a hundred eighty degrees immediately. Taeri unconsciously does the same and saw Hera smiling widely while looking at Kyungsoo who’s right beside her. The couple walks back to them right away. “Woah, who are you?~” Hyunwoo teases as he looks at his friend from head to toe before giving him a high-five. 

Taeri on the other hand just stood there motionless.

She has never seen Kyungsoo dress up like this.

“Hi.” Kyungsoo briefly greets her, barely looking back before giving his full attention to Hera. “By the way, here. I hope you like it.” He reveals his hand behind him holding the box of chocolate. “Omo~ that’s so sweet of you, Kyungsoo ssi. Thank you~” Hera tries her best not to squeal as she takes the box. “Eyy~ you still do that?” Hyunwoo laughs. “Of course. And now I kind of feel even better that I did, Hera ssi, you’re really pretty today.” Kyungsoo answers looking at the girl again who was hugging the box of chocolates on her chest while giggling shyly, obviously not acting her age. “You can call me Noona.” She mutters while glancing at Kyungsoo who was surprisingly staring right into her eyes.

“Okay, noona.” He answers right away while chuckling. Hyunwoo keeps on giggling and cringing at Hera and Kyungsoo’s interaction while Taeri just stood there silently while clutching on her purse. “See, I told you he can be cool.” Hyunwoo w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter