About You

Taking Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo tosses the salad he’s preparing while glancing at the couple at the other end of the kitchen, preparing the disposable cups for the alcohol and other drinks. “You guys need any help there?” He asks before looking back down to the bowl of salad. “No worries bro. Uh—” Hyunwoo takes a quick break and instead walks over to Kyungsoo while looking down the line up of dishes already prepares down at the counter. “Geez, I really didn’t ask for this much. I only asked for this place, really. But thank you, dude. This is why I love you so much.” He said giving Kyungsoo a teasing back hug. “Yah, get away from me. I’m not interested.” Kyungsoo laughs while pushing him off. “Aren’t we sweet, Taeri-yah? Be worried, we might actually be cheating behind your back.” Hyunwoo continues teasing.

Taeri only rolls her eyes while laughing at the two.

“Oh c’mon. Stop.” Kyungsoo chuckles before pushing the guy off again. “Uhh, Kyungsoo ssi, your phone is ringing.” Taeri informs since all their phones were placed together at the corner of the kitchen island. “Yes, thank you.” Kyungsoo puts the tong down for a while before rushing to his phone to answer it. “Ow, it’s Hera noona. She might be here already, this salad is just about done, you can place it together with the food, Hyunwoo-yah.” Kyungsoo quickly sas before walking out of the kitchen. Taeri watches him leave, feeling the numbness gushing through her system upon hearing that Hera’s coming. She didn’t know they continued contacting each other after that one day.

She thought there won’t be a second meeting.

“Looks like they’re getting along, huh? See, we served as cupids for Kyungsoo.” Hyunwoo asks while grinning. “Y-yeah, I think so too.” Taeri blankly replies, her eyes darted down the cups to avoid any eye-contact. “I’m really excited, in an hour, this place is going to be so loud.” Hyunwoo excitedly coos as he walks back to Taeri to pull her by the waist. “But what I’m excited of the most is introducing you to all of them.” He hushes before leaning down for a chaste kiss. Taeri calms down a bit upond what he said and wraps her arms around his neck. “Happy birthday, Oppa.” She greets making Hyunwoo look at her with a winning face. “Oooh~ you don’t usually call me Oppa, for some weird reasons, young lady. I like it, don’t stop.” He says before placing a kiss on both sides of her cheeks. Taeri grins before hugging him completely.

But she lost her smile when she saw Kyungsoo sneaking with Hera into his bedroom.

“W-wha—they went into his room.” She muffles making Hyunwoo pull away. “Woah?~” He grins while peeking at the closed door meters away from them. “Yah, didn’t even bother to greet us first?” He teases while shaking his head, not really minding it. “M-maybe she will later. Seems like it’s so important for them to privately talk first.” Taeri mumbles as she glares down at the cups again as she piles them up all together not realizing how tall it has become. “Woah wait~ that’s going to fall off, babe. Are you playing Jenga or something?” Hyunwoo stops her before taking a large portion of the pilled-up cups down. Taeri just looks away and walks over to the fridge to open it.

Hiding her annoyed face in there, she pretends to take out something.

 

On the other hand,

“Yah, why bring me here. They might think we’re doing something R-rated. Should I fake moans?” Hera teases while looking around his large bedroom. “Can you stop, noona. It’s not funny.” Kyungsoo mutters before leaning on the closed door behind him. “Anyway, why are we even here? And it smells good out there, you guys cooking?” Hera asks, completely unaware of the occasion. “It’s Hyunwoo’s birthday. We’re celebrating here with our friends.” Kyungsoo answers, his shoulders falling as he’s been trying to keep sane since earlier and now, it just all went back down to anxiety. “So, you’re hosting your best friend’s party? What is this, to make up for being madly in love with his girlfriend?” Hera asks making Kyungsoo rolls his eyes. “Noona, I brought you here so it wouldn’t be so hard for me later on and since you know what’s going on. What should I do?” He asks before walking to his bed to take a seat.

Hera follows and sits beside him.

“Like. . . ever since I told you about this. . . it made me want her even more.” He admits while staring in space. “While telling you our story. . . it made me feel like. . . it’s not wrong at all. It made me realize that—that I actually had her first. It made me want to be selfish.” He adds before looking at the woman who only made a blowfish, breathing right in front of his face. “Ah—noona.” He whines before looking away. “I really don’t know, Kyungsoo. I’ve had my share of opinions and advices but right now, I really don’t know what to advice you. What you want is to have her and it’s not going to be easy. Honestly, even if they end up not working out, it doesn’t mean it would be a good thing to grab your chance and take her. Taeri’s not like some ball where Hyunwoo passes her to you after he’s done with her. It’s still going to be awkward and plus, people might think Taeri’s some for being screwed by two best friends one after the other.” Hera explains straightforwardly. “I mean—” She sighs while looking at the guy in concern. “—I know your story and. . . it’s actually quite romantic but we can’t deny that you two still ed up your chance. We wouldn’t be able to help what people might think if that scenario ever happens in real life.” She adds.

“Noona, you make so much sense that it doesn’t make sense in my head. I wish you didn’t make sense. Honestly. . . the thought of them eventually breaking up was my only hope. You ruined it for me.”

“I know. Truth hurts, ‘hun. You’re smart, you’re a doctor but I didn’t expect you’re this stupid when it comes to relationships. You didn’t see that coming?” Hera nonchalantly asks. “I did but. . . I love her too much to ever think of the consequences if that ever happens nor think of what people might say about us.” Kyungsoo replies right away. Hera lets out a deep sigh, basically running out of what to tell the guy, and lays half of her body down the bed.

“Aish, yah it’s still my bed. I don’t want anyone on my bed. Get up, noona.” Kyungsoo pulls her up to stand. “Including Taeri?” Hera teases making Kyungsoo look away while flicking his tongue in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter