Whirlwind

Taking Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Did you have fun?"

Taeri turns to her boyfriend with a smile as they both step into her apartment. "Yes, so much. Thanks for today." She replies before walking to the couch to place her bag down. "Uhm. . . I was thinking." Hyunwoo speaks up again making her turn around, he's right in front of her in a very close gap. he gently places his hand on the small of her back. "S-should I. . . stay the night?" He asks with his eyes intently glued down to hers. Taeri already knew what he meant by that. It’s been a month since they first met and this is the first time he initiated such thing. She doesn’t know how to respond. Hyunwoo has the right but at the same time, she felt like it was wrong even if it’s not.

Especially after Kyungsoo said all those things.

“I. . . I don’t know—do you want to?” She asks awkwardly while blinking. Hyunwoo responds with a smile before leaning down to kiss her on the lips. “You’re so cute. . .” He muffles, briefly cutting the kiss off to pull her in even closer. She could feel his hand slowly moving down to her rear end that she flinched. That made the guy stop completely while looking down to her in worry. “Y-you. . . don’t want to?” He asks, anxiety filling up his eyes. “You know that you don’t have to be shy, right?” He asks while cupping her face. Taeri forces a smile before looking down. Hyunwoo puts a finger on her chip to make her look up again. “Don’t be scared. I’ll be very gentle.” He assures and leans down again for a kiss.

But Taeri just had to push him off gently.

“I-it’s not that. Can we just. . . hang out like the usual tonight?” She asks while faking a smile. Hyunwoo looks at her in confusion. “We’ve been dating for four months before officially meeting a month ago. I. . . I d-don’t understand. I mean. . . I understand that this is your first time but. . .” He mutters while shaking his head. “It’s. . . not.” Taeri answers before looking away to avoid his eyes. “Oh, then what’s wrong?” Hyunwoo asks back. Taeri sits down the couch while rubbing her hands together. “I’m just really tired right now. I mean. . . you know we walked around theme park the whole day. I just think. . . I’d like to do it in a better time?” She makes out the best excuse she could think of.

Finally, Hyunwoo smiles again as he sits beside her.

“Oh, you’re right. Did I come off too strong? I’m sorry, I should have thought of that. Don’t worry, we have lots of time for that in the future.” He apologizes before kissing her on the forehead. “I just. . . love you so much.” He adds before leaning down for a chaste kiss. He rests his forehead against hers while cupping her face. “You’re amazing. . . don’t ever leave me. Hm?” he says, as if pleading. Taeri gulps in hard, her tears forming.

She felt so bad for him.

For feeling what she’s feeling. . .

It hurts her so bad that she could feel how much Hyunwoo cares for her but she still can’t convince herself to feel the same way.

“Uh—Hyunwoo. . . I. . .” She tries to come up with an answer, one side of her brain keeps telling her to break this off while it’s early but the other keeps telling her not to hurt such a good guy and her feelings would eventually pass in time. “You know how much I care for you, right?” She asks, his cheek gently with her thumb. “And I care for you too.” Hyunwoo answers back with a smile. Not knowing what to really say next, Taeri decided to just give him her most loving hug. “Aigoo~ how can you be this cute.” Hyunwoo hushes while hugging back tightly.

“Oh by the way, where should we go for my birthday?”

Taeri blinks as she repeats what he just said in her mind a couple of times. She totally forgot when his birthday is. She pulls away while chuckling. “Uh. . . Up to you. W-what do you want to do?” She asks, hiding the fact that she really doesn’t know when it will be. She knows it’s soon but she doesn’t know the exact date, whether it’s the 3rd or the 4th of the month, she wasn’t sure. “Well, I kind of plan to just take my family out for lunch first and then have a party only with my friends and you. I haven’t met some of my university friends since I came home so I think that’ll be a great opportunity to reunite. What do you think?” He asks, leaning down the couch while stretching his arms.

“It’s up to you, babe.” Taeri answers while chuckling. “I mean, they’re not so many anyway. I think, around five? Plus Kyungsoo of course. And I would assume those guys would bring their dates. Let’s say max is fifteen, including the both of us. Uh. . . that’s kind of a lot, wait. . .” Hyunwoo chuckles before taking his phone out. Taeri could see him checking his bank account. He hasn’t gotten a job yet and all he uses is his savings as of now. Taeri bites on her bottom lip feeling all of the guilt. “It’s my treat.” She offers making Hyunwoo turn to her while chuckling. “Wait, babe. . . No, it’s okay. Don’t worry about it, it’s my birthday.” He declines right away before looking back down to his phone. “J-just tell them not to bring a plus-one, that’s easy.” Taeri tries to suggest again, to fit his budget.

“Well. . . I just don’t want you to be awkward if we’re all guys there. . .” He replies while blinking. “Oh, god. I’ll be fine don’t worry about me. It’s your birthday, invite the people you really want to see.” Taeri argues while grinning. “And also, I really don’t want to do it at my family’s house. It would be too crowded if we do it in a club or bar. . . your place is too small though.” Hyunwoo looks around while thinking. “Renting out a private room in a restaurant is awfully expensive too.” He adds.

Taeri lets out a sigh, not knowing how to help him anymore.

He had too much problems with everything, basically.

“Oh I know~ let’s do it at Kyungsoo’s.” He suddenly snaps making Taeri frown. “W-wouldn’t it be a bother to him? I mean it’s his place, it’s going to be a mess and all. I don’t think that’s right babe.” She disagrees, not feeling the idea of celebrating his birthday on someone else’s property, it’s still not quite right whoever it is. “No, he wouldn’t mind, don’t worry. He might even like it, we can cook all the food ourselves, he’s a chef!” Hyunwoo assures while chuckling. “We have the same friends and also. . . I know he understands my situation right now, I’m sure he wouldn’t mind giving me a hand on this one. He’s not going to say no, I’m sure, don’t worry babe. It’s just one day.” He adds.

She didn’t like that of all people, he’s also taking advantage of Kyungsoo being nice and not ever ‘saying no’ to anything.

Of all people, Hyunwoo’s actually one of them who uses the sentence ‘he’s not going to say no anyway’ to use Kyungsoo.

“What about his work?” Taeri asks, still not agreeing to disturbing Kyungsoo for such thing. It’s not about her feelings or Kyungsoo’s feelings at all, she would act the same for anyone. “I’m sure he wouldn’t mind taking a day off that day, right? Babe, I swear it’s just one day and it’s like a reunion for us friends too. He would agree to it.” Hyunwoo assures confidently. “Ugh, I don’t know. Do whatever you want.” She bursts as she stands up to walk to the kitchen. “Woah~ what are you so pumped out about? It’s just borrowing my best friend’s place for my birthday, there’s nothing wrong with that. Why are you getting mad?” He asks.

Taeri heaves a sigh before turning around to look at him.

“We’re like. . . completely invading Kyungsoo’s space and time. He’s your best friend, he should be one of the guests, not the host.” She m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter