Not Cool

Taking Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With agape, Taeri enters the two-story villa house that she had rented for her stay in the island. For a villa house, where she was able to rent out the whole second floor, it was really cheap so she really went for it as soon as she found it. She met the landlord in the airport who had to leave for a business trip right after giving her the keys to the house. “Wow, I wonder how much could it have been if I rented the whole place, look at that.” She mumbles out as she walks down the hall that leads straight to the stairs. On her way, she could see the whole interior of the first floor. Although she rented the whole second floor which contains a large fully equipped bathroom, two bedrooms, a small living room space and even a nice balcony giving out the beautiful sceneries, the kitchen was shared in the contract. Fortunately, according to the landlord, there was no one renting at the moment besides her.

Arriving at the second floor, she chose the first door that she spotted. The moment she opened it, her jaw dropped once again at the sight of the room.

The furniture including the sheets of the king sized-bed has a baby blue and white color theme that compliments the orange toned curtains and area rug.

“Holy , I can’t believe I paid that cheap for this wonderful place. The owner must be so rich, he’s losing so much money with that price!” She exclaims to herself as she places her luggage beside the bed. She then walks over to the balcony and slides the glass door. She felt the nice breeze covering her skin as soon as she stepped out. It gave her goosebumps making her giggle like a child.

Holding on the railing, she takes in a deep breath as she stares down the sea far across her. “Now what, Taeri. This is your ultimatum, if you don’t get back you spirit. . . promise me that it’s. . . it’s time to let go of that dream.” She self-talks, something that she likes to do whenever she’s alone. Now is the time that she thought she had all the chance to do so, she has all the time to think and decide for her future.

“I know writing novels is your passion and you said you want to pursue it, Taeri-yah. But I think this is getting overboard. You’re one of my most talented writer here and I want you to give your all on every article you put out not only for the company’s pride but for yours too. You’re good in what you do in this company so I don’t understand why you’re declining such promotion. I’ll give you time to think about it, okay?”

Her boss’s words echoed in her mind as she closes her eyes, feeling the wind brushing against her eyelids.

She was scared to get promoted and completely neglect her real ambitions. It was good for her but it’s not something that makes her happy. She’s good at it but she’s not passionate about it. “Ugh, whatever. One week and I’ll make my final decision. Relax. . .” She waves her hands across her face as if doing so could immediately soothe her anxiety.

“Ooh, so sunny.” She mutters before deciding to get back in. Walking over to her luggage, she lifts it up to the bed and zipped it open. “Ugh, if I went to a hotel instead, I’d have room service but damn, this was so cheap though.” She mumbles out while digging into her things. She removes her boots and socks to put on her flat sandals. She removes her cardigan next leaving her with a black tank top that has a low-cut and criss-cross design on its back. She looks down to her jeans, contemplating whether she should change into her shorts or not. “Meh~” She shrugs the thought off before walking to the door but stops before she could even open it. She glances at her watch to check the time.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter