20 . Meticulous

Timid Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Is that them?" Nichkhun asked, focusing on the black van driving strangely from their rear sight. It was a gut feeling, but Tzuyu and Nichkhun decided to go along with it.

When Tzuyu called Nichkhun, it was quick and simple; "Mā thī̀ nī̀ thạnthī" It meant "Come here immediately" in Thai.

He knew that code, and hearing it almost made it hard to swallow. It has been an embarked code even for the previous body guards. The meaning was different depending on the guard's nationality. It was the first time he's heard it after 7 years of working for the family.

Nichkhun stared intently upon the road and the black van, but their eyes suddenly grew bigger when they noticed the vehicle speedily went through the red light.

Looking to the right, there were two police cars who also accelerated as fast as they could to reach the van. The whole scene made everyone in the traffic stop and look in curiosity.

In the middle of the road, the black vehicle was forced to stop when another police car showed up in their direction. Nichkhun drove close by the incident to get a better view.

The van was surrounded and was clearly trapped with nowhere to escape. Soon, the doors opened. The environment was so quiet that Nichkhun could slightly hear Tzuyu's heart beat. He knew she was nervous and scared, he is too.

The identities slowly revealed. There was also another passenger, possibly they worked together. When they both stepped out of the vehicle, Tzuyu felt a wave of disappointment hit her. It weren't the two men she saw in the restaurant. These men wore leather jackets and a full ski mask to hide their faces. They took it off though.

The back of the van opened, revealing thousands of visible packed cash. It was an action of robbery.

Tzuyu bit her trembling lip. She was now concerned more than ever. No, she's never expressed her emotions to Nayeon. But Nayeon was still one of the closest person she knows. Because of her she met the rest of her friends. Although sometimes she annoys her, there has always been a part of her that wouldn't know what to do if she somehow disappear– her older sister.

"Shall we go home?" Nichkhun spoke up from the silence. The girl beside him nodded.

__

Cleaning Service:
Hello Ms. Yoo. We have just finished cleaning your friend's house. Thank you for letting us work, and have a wonderful day!
4:49am - seen

Heavy, drifty eyes were now wide awake after reading the text message that was sent 4 hours ago. Jeongyeon was surprised that it took the service almost five hours to finish cleaning Nayeon's house. She unlocked her lock screen and typed.

>
Thank you too.
8:28am - delievered

Turning the device off, she got out of her bed ready for another day at work. Today was different since Tzuyu, Nayeon's friend, was joining them. Remembering her made Jeongyeon recall the rest of Nayeon's friends. She remembered them all, including the fact that the bet they were doing wasn't done. She chuckled thinking about the memory.

__

The whole night, Tzuyu tried to contact Nayeon. Her call rang, but no one ever picked up, which was strange.

Now it was morning. Her life seemed normal again while the whole family ate breakfast together. Although she was always quiet during meals together, her mother quickly noticed something was off due to the different facial expression planted on her daughter's face.

"Honey, is everything okay?" Tzuyu's mother asked.

The father immediately looked up after hearing his wife. Tzuyu hesitated for a moment. Her parents taught her to never lie because it's a bad thing to do– which is why she's so honest.

"No," Tzuyu stated. Her p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter