14 . The Ferris Wheel

Timid Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A bad dream.

It was a bad dream that Dahyun had. Her forehead was sweating after a terrible dream of getting fired from HydroGames.

HydroGames was the best decision Dahyun has ever done. It was her happiest place to be. She loved testing video games, helping other people, making friends, and eating snacks while working. She loved doing them all. Imagining that she could lose all of it because of a careless act made her want to cry.

"Dahyun!"

She could hear faint voices of people calling out her name, but her dream wouldn't allow her to wake up.

Yoo Jeongyeon fired her in front of all other employees.

"Anyone knows how to do CPR? We might need it."

Hearing the word 'CPR' for Dahyun probably meant that she was dying.

"Dahyun here's some money you can use to buy your chips, come on, smell the money!"

But then, she resurrected.

The fainted girl gasped once she opened her eyes, and then panted heavily.

"Well that worked." Chaeyoung stood up and put her cash back to her wallet.

"What happened?" Dahyun questioned, as if she had no knowledge of the world.

"Honey you fainted!" Momo answered with concern in her voice.

Dahyun turned her head and saw two other girls with worried looks on their faces. She suddenly felt like fainting again, but fortunately Momo caught her.

"Dahyun-ssi, what's wrong?" Jeongyeon asked, crouching down to the girl.

"You got us so worried about you, are you okay?" Nayeon also expressed her worry.

Dahyun needed something to avoid the two girls. But as she thought, things could still end up either way because Nayeon can tell Jeongyeon how she knew her. The only option she had left was to play along.

"We rode several rides and I guess I got dizzy and died- I meant fainted." Dahyun lied.

"What are you talking about? We only ate the foods around here." Momo said. Chaeyoung also hummed in agreement.

"Oh... really?" Dahyun spoke in hesitation, "Well I can't remember things very well, so I guess it must've been the food."

They thought it was strange to go unconscious because of food, but the girls still went along with the statement. Jeongyeon and Nayeon helped her up the ground. People stared at them, and the guards were nowhere to be found.

"I think we're going to separate our ways now." Momo announced while putting Dahyun's arm around her shoulder. Chaeyoung had the other.

"Yeah, we're going to take care of this girl. Anyways, have fun!" 
Chaeyoung waved goodbye.

Nayeon and Jeongyeon also waved back until the three girls were far away. They began to walk around again.

"I wanna ask you something that I should've a long time ago," Jeongyeon started as they strolled together, "How did you meet Dahyun?"

A wave of despair covered the brunette's face as she thought about the flashback. "She knew this guy that I liked for a while on the internet."

Jeongyeon raised an eyebrow, "What happened?"

Nayeon sighed, "It sounds dumb so I don't wanna tell you."

"I won't think it's dumb." The younger girl spoke sincerely. Nayeon looked at her face if she was serious, and Jeongyeon's orbs gazed attentively. The older one didn't have a choice but to say it. 

"It's a really funny story actually," The girl bagan, slowly forming a smile while thinking, "he had the same name as you."

"Oh really?" Jeongyeon smirked.

"I've never seen that smirk before! Are you flattered that he has the same name as you?" Nayeon teased, causing the both of them to laugh.

Their legs didn't know where they'll take them, but they continued to keep moving.

"His name is Han Jeongyeon. Blonde hair, brown eyes, charming smile." Nayeon continued to explain.

Jeongyeon chuckled, "He's starting to look like me, if I had a charming smile."

The older girl turned to glance at Jeongyeon's face to see if she was correct. Her face suddenly changed into confusion, "Why do you kind of look like him?" Nayeon started to smudge her hand around Jeongyeon's face, checking every detail.

"What are you doing?" Jeongyeon mumbled, trying to talk.

"Smile." Nayeon ordered demandingly.

"But-"

"Yoo Jeongyeon smile." She said one more time. The short haired girl did as she was told. Nayeon scanned her face once again. But she soon let go of the you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter