18 . Office

Timid Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeongyeon pulled out a card from her back pocket and the door automatically opened. Nayeon's eyes caught what was used for the scanner, an ID. Employees were the only ones allowed inside the building.

The first floor was a lounge where people took their breaks. There were also games that were available for people to use during their free time such as ping pong table, pool, air hockey, etc.

Workers bowed politely and said their greetings to Jeongyeon and Nayeon as they walked. Eyes were on the girl trailing behind the company's president. Everyone in the lounge became curious of the  SkyLight's successor when she made an appearance at the news headline. This caused Nayeon to silently move behind the taller girl, trying not to cause too much attention.

"Jeongyeon-ah!" Someone called out from a few meters away. Before stepping inside the elevator, the two girls turned around and saw Momo desperately catching up to them with a worn out look. "You're finally at work," Momo sighed, "I had to do so many calls." She faced the girl next to Jeongyeon and tipped her head to the side, "Im Nayeon?"

The boss looked over at the brunette beside her but didn't see her budge. "We're continuing our project. You should tell the others too, they seemed very curious." The short haired girl proceeded to the elevator. Momo and Nayeon followed.

While waiting to get to the top floor, Momo took out her work tablet, "I've typed the tasks for the day and included what I've accomplished since you were gone, here's a look of it."

The CEO viewed it and raised her eyebrows, impressed by the work her assistant had done. "Thank you for doing all this, I'll take over now." She ensured to Momo who nodded in response.

Nayeon watched their exchanged conversation quietly like a kid. They both looked professional to her which made her feel less than what she currently was.

They reached the top floor. Compared to the first floor, the top floor was more sophisticated and refined. As they walked, Nayeon noticed that the offices had names printed on the lustrous doors. When they reached Jeongyeon's, it had her position and full name.

The CEO's office was different than the one at her home. It was bigger and fancier. The walls were white just like the marble floor, had a black furniture that included a little sectional sofa and a small table. Behind Jeongyeon's long, dark desk was a huge shelf filled with books and action figures Nayeon could not comprehend. Two moderate seats sat in front of Jeongyeon's high black chair. That's where Nayeon sat down. Momo on the other hand, stood beside the desk, waiting for an order.

"I'll just need you to monitor everyone," Jeongyeon started, "not a big deal, I'm just making sure that if they have any difficulties, tell me right away." Momo nodded and left the spot.

The chairwoman logged in on her desktop and pulled out round eyeglasses from the table's drawer. Nayeon stared, feeling dumbfounded that Jeongyeon wore glasses. She never wore one during their meetings.

While the younger girl prepared her belongings, the brunette dazed off into different thoughts such as why Jeongyeon haven't brought up the incident yet. Even when they ate breakfast it wasn't spoken about. Her thoughts were interrupted when Jeongyeon spoke.

"This was probably selfish for me to do, but ever since we stopped meeting, I've worked on the project my own." The blonde said, moving the outlined papers to Nayeon. Nayeon suddenly felt awkward after realizing that Jeongyeon actually still thought about it. For a second she thought she just purposely forgot. She took the papers and read the first paragraph inside her head.

HydroGames&SkyLight
Collaboration Project

Info: Players have two options for their protagonist. A female or a male. Both spies who seeks to take down variety of different evil groups/people. They work under spy management created by the government, "Oppression Unity of Light" aka, "O.U.L."

"You changed the plot?" Nayeon asked without taking her eyes off the paper.

"Yes, if anything is different from your liking, please tell me so we can improvise." Jeongyeon replied respectfully.

The brunette stayed quiet with the thought of the formal speech being used. It used

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter