17 . Serendipity

Timid Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The breakfast was quiet and awkward. None of them spoke a word and just ate. Jeongyeon made them a full meal that included rice, vegetables, and meats. There were so many bowls to pick from.

Jeongyeon didn't mind the silence. She preferred to focus on eating quietly while Nayeon was the opposite. Her insides were itching to speak. She felt grateful for the pain reliever Jeongyeon gave her. Even more, she came downstairs to a delicious breakfast to heal her starving stomach.

"Uh, Jeongyeon..." Nayeon shyly started. The younger girl raised her eyebrows, signaling for her to continue, "Thank you for taking care of me and sorry for disturbing you." The brunette apologetically bowed.

Jeongyeon was taken back from Nayeon's words and actions. "It's okay." She hesitantly bowed back.

They didn't say anything else and continued to eat, but Nayeon's eyes were firm on Jeongyeon. She observed that the girl's blonde hair grew longer. It was almost at her shoulder now and she still haven't reverted back to her natural hair. The girl also wore a white t-shirt along with a black leather jacket that was placed behind her seat.

Thoughts about last night started to fill inside Nayeon's head. She really had no idea to what happened or how she even got to Jeongyeon's house. The memories seemed like they just disappeared. With this curiosity, the brunette decided to open .

"Can you tell me what happened yesterday?" Nayeon blurted out.

Jeongyeon stopped chewing and gulped down her food. She stared at her unknowingly, "You don't remember?"

"Uh, no." Nayeon confessed.

The younger girl nodded understandingly before starting, "I'll tell you what happened in my point of view while you were fast asleep." Nayeon watched attentively, "I was still working around midnight, until Jihyo suddenly barged inside my office with you on her shoulder."

Nayeon's eyebrows crooked, "How did that even happen? I mean, how did I end up in your office?" Her confusion exploded.

"She told me you were drunk and was headed to my building. I'm guessing you called her." Jeongyeon answered while putting more stuff in her bowl.

Nayeon put her chopsticks down and tried to think. After a few moments, her eyes lit up, "I think I remember! Before I went to the bar I remember stressing out about you." She recalled.

The blonde girl furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, "Why?"

"My parents scolded me with a letter because I haven't been talking to you." Nayeon told the younger girl before lifting up her chopsticks.

"That's right. We were supposed to be making a game together." Neither of them said anything again. Jeongyeon was desperate to talk about what happened at the Ferris Wheel. She didn't even know that something happened between them until Jihyo told her.

opened, but Nayeon was first to avoid the topic, "So what happened after Jihyo went inside your office?" She asked.

"She left me with you and went back to the hospital. I wasn't sure if you were going to be fine being alone in your house, so I brought you to mine." Jeongyeon explained.

"So I was sleeping in you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter