10. Stars

Timid Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

To make the bet fair, the ones who weren't experienced got to choose the next segment. Nayeon, Jihyo, and Sana looked around the big, filled room to find an advantageous game to play. The other team had been waiting for 20 minutes, until it has been finally carefully decided. Unexpectedly, the next game chosen for this round was Karaoke. 

"No, that's not right." Jeongyeon waved her hand in disagreement.

"It's a game, highest score wins!" Nayeon showed a thumbs up with her toothless smile.

Mina and Tzuyu never looked at karaoke as a 'game' so it was new to them.

"Don't you think this is unfair?" Mina tried to give a reason.

Sana mocked a laugh, "This? Unfair? You guys are making us play something we're not used to just to win!"

"And we're not backing down, we'll make sure to tie this." Jihyo crossed her arms, sounding very determined.

The other three moved closer to talk secretly, "Jihyo has a loud voice, she's obviously gonna make her team win. Do you know how rigged karaoke machines are?" Tzuyu murmured to her teammates.

"So non of you guys know how to sing?" Jeongyeon asked worriedly.

"No, we do, but I don't know if we're good enough." Mina shrugged.

"I've never heard Sana unnie sing...." Tzuyu thought out loud while eyeing her unnie who looked confident with her own team.

"Me too," Mina agreed, "Hey, do you know how to sing?" Her speech suddenly directed to Jeongyeon.

Jeongyeon glanced at Mina to see if she was talking to her, and she was. "Well, I don't know. I usually sing in the shower, but no one has ever heard me sing but myself really."

Before Tzuyu or Mina could say another sentence, the other team interrupted them, "Enough chatting and let's start singing!" Nayeon shouted, clearly pumped with the situation. Jihyo and Sana jumped up and down while chanting "NaSaJi".

"How are we gonna face off for this?" Jeongyeon asked.

"Wanna sing together with our groups?" Nayeon suggested.

Jeongyeon, Mina, and Tzuyu looked for a brief moment before slowly nodding their heads. It seemed like the other team also planned to sing together.

"We wanna go first." Jihyo spoke up.

The three went up to the karaoke machine and chose their song. It was Urban Zakapa's 'I Don't Love You'.

The first line was the most surprising. Mina and Tzuyu has been friends with Sana for a long time but never knew she had a talent for singing.

Nayeon's old self suddenly disappeared, leaving Jeongyeon watching attentively. She noticed how Nayeon became more emotional throughout the song. It was certainly not the same person a few seconds ago.

Jihyo started to sing. Her voice stood out the most. It was beautiful and had a distinctive voice which made her stand out better than the other two. She didn't fail to hit the higher notes as well.

Finally after the song ended, the three singers eagerly looked at the screen and awaited for the score to be revealed. It was 100.

"Yay, 100!"

"It's over!"

"Ha! Take that nerds!"

Jeongyeon brought her two teammates into a circle after the noisy comments from their rivals. Mina looked over her shoulder worriedly and Tzuyu sighed heavily.

"It will be okay. We still have other chances if we lose this one, so don't feel bad if we score lower than a hundred." Jeongyeon confronted her dongsaengs with a smile. Thankfully, it did h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter