1. Catfish

Timid Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[10 years ago]

 

"Listen here Jeongyeon, I'm your father. You listen to everything I say, is that clear?" The man leaned closer to the smaller child. The child could only let out a weak nod. Tears were flowing out of her eyes.

"But will mom be okay?" Cried the little one. She knew she had said something wrong when her dad glared at her again. They were beaming eyes, reaching into her, as if she was being haunted. 

With every step, the man yelled, "I already said she's fine! Now go back to your bedroom!" The young girl was shoved inside her bedroom and could only watch her father shut the door, making a loud noise that made her jump. The girl didn't know what to do, she just remained frozen in her spot.

 

- Present -

 

Everyone has a story untold, that was Yoo Jeongyeon's. 24 year old CEO of HydroGames gaming company. Jeongyeon is a pure genius who've always dreamt of becoming a video game creator. Her charming looks and brilliant brain are the reason why she is quite popular with people. Socializing was something she wasn't really good at though, she hated it, she'd rather stay behind the line of closeness.

"This main character look so plain and simple, make it more unique, just like Invictus."  The president of the company suggested.

"We'll work on it." The employee mumbled. Jeongyeon could tell her worker was probably troubled.

A pretty girl with long blonde hair walked inside at the same time the employee left.  "Where's Chaeyoung when you need her right?"

"I'm giving the guy a hard time." Jeongyeon sighed as she leaned by the table.

"Chaeyoung will come back tomorrow for sure and help with the graphics."

"Hm, what have you done Momo?" The short haired girl questioned her assistant.

Placing herself in front of Jeongyeon, she handed her the loads occupying her hands. "Those are some papers that are needed to be looked at."

Jeongyeon took the papers from Momo and scanned through each. All of them were company agreements until she stumbled upon a small envelope.

"What is this?" Jeongyeon asked.

Momo looked over Jeongyeon's shoulders and started to perceive. "Oh, I forgot to tell you, that's from your parents."

Jeongyeon's eyes widened and her whole facial expression changed into a worried face.

"You okay?" Momo questioned her boss. Jeongyeon shook her head to get herself back to reality.

"Yeah, anyways, I'll read that later." The boss clarified, tossing the letter on the desk. Momo was left puzzled but she decided to ignore her curiosity.

"If you need anything, call me." Momo smiled. The assistant left, and without wasting time, Jeongyeon rushed towards her desk. She thought that it was very strange for her parents to send a letter. Or should she say, Father.

To my daughter, Jeongyeon.

It's been quite a while hasn't it?

I'm still here.

Locked up in a cold, old, rusty cell. I wonder when I'll be able to get out.

I heard you're now a CEO of a company! That's great to hear you're bringing some success.
Never really knew you would.

If you're wondering why I sent you this, it's because I need you to get me out. Get me anything! Just please get me out of this terrible place.

I promise I will be a better father.

I'll make it up to you and your mother.

Please Jeongyeon.

Love, Your Dad,
Yoo Jeongsoo

Jeongyeon crumbled the paper and threw it in the trash. She knew how she received this letter. Her father is a smart, evil mastermind, who will always get what he want. It didn't surprise her. Something might even happen because she just ignored the letter.

Yoo Jeongsoo was sent to prison 3 months ago for committing illegal business crime. Jeongyeon's mom died when she was younger, and never knew how. Through the years she started to believe that it was her father's doing. Jeongyeon hates her dad, he used to be her biggest weakness. No one knows about her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter