15 . Tacenda

Timid Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everyone in the company sounded so cheerful at the first day back at work. They all talked to one another about what they did. Most of them had a relaxing time, which eased the CEO's heart. At home while doing nothing, Jeongyeon only planned and tried to develop ideas for the SkyLight and HydroGames collaboration.

Jeongyeon never reached Nayeon ever since their time at Everland. The older girl didn't reply her messages or calls, it was like she was being ignored. She was worried on the first day, thinking that something bad might've happened to her. Even now, she was still worried. Thankfully though, her messages were delivered, they just weren't opened. Jeongyeon still haven't heard anything about Nayeon, but she continues through her day.

"Here's a bunch of papers you've received over the week." The CEO's assistant called, walking over to the desk with loads of things.

"Wouldn't these be exciting to look at...." Jeongyeon mumbled with a tone of sarcasm.

"I heard that boss." Momo smirked before fully closing the door.

Jeongyeon sighed in her chair, pulling the papers towards her as she starts to look at them one by one. None of them were particularly important, but one envelope caught her eye. She was reminded of last week's occurrence with her father's letter, and it was in fact, another letter by him.

The envelope looked normal from the outside. It seemed like a plain, white envelope. Inside though was a white paper in a familiar handwriting.

My daughter, 
Yoo Jeongyeon,

Why didn't you send me a reply? I reckoned you would've cared for your father and tried to let me out. I guess I deserve to be put in this jail. You must be surprised I realized that, don't you?

I'll try sending you letters every week. 
Who am I kidding, 
I don't need to try when I can definitely do it. 
I mean look at me,
I'm sending you a letter from jail.

Best regards,

Oh, and keep up the good work honey. 
Don't want to ruin our image until I get out.

- Yoo Jeongsoo

Jeongyeon crumbled the letter with furious hands. Her jaw tightened, causing her teeth to grow sore. Yoo Jeongsoo wanted something from her, and it was a favor. And Jeongyeon didn't want to do anything for him. One thing for sure was that she refuses to fall for his trap.

__

A growl roared from Nayeon's stomach as she laid down on her bed. "I'm so hungry." She groaned while patting her tummy.

The girl had been living inside her house for three days now, she never once stepped outside. Most of the days she only slept, and at night she repeated that again. For food, she only used delivery. Her parents never asked the maids to go grocery shopping before their vacation, so it was basically empty. She didn't even know how to cook.

A notification alarmed Nayeon's phone which caused her to forgot the empty pit inside her stomach until she had gotten hold of it. It was a text message.

Park Jihyo:
바보 야! 
You idiot!
2:23pm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter