19 . Lunch

Timid Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey Tzuyu!"

The tall girl that stood in front of Nayeon wore headphones, eyebrows furrowed with tired eyes displaying a glare filled with annoyance.

"I'm in a middle of something." Tzuyu clipped before trying to close the door.

Nayeon's hands quickly stopped the motion, "Can I just stay here for a while? Or like today? My house is a disaster." The older one pouted convincingly.

Tzuyu rolled her eyes, "Is it my fault you don't know how to clean?"

"No, but will you just let me stay for today? I promise it'll just be for today." Nayeon continued to beg.

The younger girl huffed under her breath and left. Nayeon's eyes shined with joy from the granted permission and stepped inside.

Tzuyu's house aka mansion was huge. Her whole family lived there; dad, mom, her, and of course, her beloved dog Gucci, — the only living thing she most cared about. He was spotted trailing behind Tzuyu since he was used to always running after the doorbell.

"Hey Gucci!" Nayeon cheerfully  greeted. The dog's tongue stuck out and he barked happily upon Nayeon's unexpected appearance. "Tzu, why did you answer the door? Where's your maids?" Nayeon bubbly asked as she followed the younger girl while carrying Gucci.

"My mother told me to get it." Tzuyu bluntly replied.

They reached Tzuyu's spacious room and the girl sat back down on her computer desk to continue playing where she left off. Nayeon let Gucci escape before hopping on the bed with a deep sigh, facing down. She didn't feel productive anymore so she let herself slowly drown into the comfy mattress. It had been a while since she went over to Tzuyu's house. She's done nothing for the past three weeks except locking herself in without doing nothing but eat and sleep.

Nayeon plopped herself over to look at the ceiling. Jeongyeon suddenly popped up in her mind, as usual. When Nayeon thought of her, she didn't know what to feel. It's been a thought that had been lingering for a long time. She wanted to know why she still thought about Jeongyeon. Jeongyeon should just be another person Nayeon had just met. Why was it strangely different when it came to her?

"Can you keep it down?" A voice interrupted. Nayeon looked at Tzuyu's back, then turned to herself, noticing her white knuckles that dug on a pillow while being previously recalled screaming. 

Nayeon cleared and mumbled, "Sorry about that." The younger girl was about to ask a question, but thought otherwise after coming to a conclusion that it was probably just her unnie's personality. "Tzu, have you ate lunch?" Blurted the older one out of curiosity.

"No." Tzuyu answered flatly.

The other brunette sat up automatically, "Let's eat somewhere outside!" Nayeon suggested with enthusiasm. Tzuyu thought about refusing at first until she heard her stomach lowly grumble, enough for the other person to hear clearly. "I think that means you're hungry." A smirk appeared on Nayeon's face. There was a short, long pause. A silent air waved through the room as a response awaited. Finally, Tzuyu sighed.

__

After some disagreements about places to eat, the two decided to just go for Chinese cuisine. Tzuyu's driver accompanied them to a location of a popular restaurant. His name is Nichkhun, the same person that drove Nayeon because of an unfortunate inconvenience of getting lost in the woods.

"How have you been Nayeon-ssi?" Nichkhun asked from the front seats of the limo.

"Oh, I've been fine!" Nayeon shouted back while she struggled to buckle her seatbelt. Despite the amount of space in the back, she sat next to Tzuyu's seat, which irritated the younger girl.

The tall brunette shifted uncomfortably, "Why are you sitting next to me? Look at all the seats over there." Tzuyu muttered.

Nayeon put her arms around her dongsaeng, "It's because I have so much love for you!" Tzuyu just rolled her eyes and didn't say anything else. "Tzu," Nayeon started, "I forgot to ask you about how your life has been doing." The older girl smiled mischievously.

"Normal." Tzuyu responded robotically.

Nayeon's face frowned upon the short response and decided to speak up again, "When are you getting a job? Have you sipped alcohol before?" She threw out questions.

Tzuyu's eyebrows r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter