Chapter 25

It's still you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


This chapter only have Mark's POV.

 

Mark woke up alone in his room and immediately recall what happen last night. Then he proceed to check on Jennie, when he entered the room, she is still sleeping peacefully, thinking she must be tired after crying her heart out last night he just let her sleep for some more time while preparing breakfast for both of them. But when it’s almost noon and there’s no sign of Jennie waking up. He checked closer this time only then he realized that she’s shaking and sweating too much. He placed his hand on her forehead and indeed, she got a really high fever. Immediately Mark called his usual doctor to come to his apartment for checking her condition. Fortunetaly she’s just having a low blood pressure and maybe too tired after her holiday and long flight to Seoul then to add more pressure on her Mark literally broke her heart last night without thinking that she hasn’t got a proper rest time.

After the doctor left, Mark just sit still beside the bed feeling guilty all alone. Thankfully she’s already breathing steadily now. While he’s staring at her pale face, his phone suddenly rang. Jinyoung.

“Hyuuuung! Why did you just answer my call? I’ve been calling you a few times this morning.”

“Uhh.. I-

“Overslept? What a sleepyhead.” Jinyoung teased. “Anyway, my class is over, I’m going to your apartment. Want me to grab you something for lunch?”

Mark panicked at that. NO. He can’t come here right now. Not when he has a girl inside his apartment. What would Jinyoung think of this? He’ll misunderstand. “No. I- I mean you can’t come to my place now.”

“Whyyyy?” He whined and Mark could imagine the pout forming on his face.

He thought for a second before calmly answered. “I’m heading to Jackson’s now. He’s calling me nonstop to give him the shoes I promise to bought for him in LA.” Not fully lied because he did buy a pair of shoes for Jackson. “I will go to your place after I deal with this brat, ok?”

“Doesn’t he know that we’re... er.. like back together?”

“I’m planning to surprise him with the news. Don’t worry, he forgive you already. So he’s fine with us being together again.”

“Well, it’s a relieved then. Anyway, don’t take too long alright? I’ll wait for you.”

“Promise. Bye Jinyoungie.”

"Love you Hyung!"

Mark sighed. He hated that he has to lie to his boyfriend but he promise to tell everything after all things settled. A few hours later Jennie finally awake and found Mark still sitting beside the bed.

“Hey, are you feeling better?” Mark checked her temperature and it’s already lower than this morning.

She just nodded weakly. After Mark gave her porride to eat and taking her medicine, Mark wanted to leave her alone to have some rest again before he will take her home. There’s no heavy conversation exchange between them after she woke up. They barely talked to each other.

It’s already 10 pm and Mark still in his apartment. Jinyoung has been texting and calling him non stop asking why he hasn’t come to his house yet. But he just can’t leave Jennie alone in his apartment with that condition. Just then, Jennie come out from the bedroom.

“Mark, I.. I wanna go home. Thank you for letting me stay and take care of me.” She took her luggage and go outside Mark’s apartment.

“Hey Jennie wait.” He tried to catch up. “I’ll drive you home.”

“No. It’s-

Without listening to her further, he takes her hand and bring her to his car but she refused to get in.

“Stop being nice to me! You don’t even love me stop pretending like you care about me!” She can’t held her tears anymore.

“Look, I’m sorry. No, I know sorry won’t be enough to make up what I did to you. It’s very horrible. I’m the worst person ever. But if I know one thing or anything that would make you forgive me, I’ll do it Jennie. But you have to understand that I mean it when I said I love you as my sister and of course I care about you. I’m not letting you go home alone at this hour when you’re not even feeling well.”

Jennie silence for a moment before she finally looked Mark in the eyes. “Kiss me.”

“W-what?” Mark is totally taken aback with her statement.

“There’s one thing you can do to make me feel better. I.. I want you to be my first kiss.”

“I- I don’t think it’s the right thing to do, I mean you will find someone who will love you whole heartedly and-

“Please? I know it sounds stupid but I promise I will try to move on from you after this. I just don’t want to have any regret later.” She pleaded.

Mark fell silent. Confused what he supposed to do now, he can’t just kiss her like that, can he? What if after he kissed her, it will be harder for her to move on from him?

“Mark, this is the least you can do to me. I will forgive you. I might be need times but I promise we will remain good friends as we are now.” She added.

Mark took a deep breath, he knows it's wrong but hopefully she’s right. “Okay.. I’ll do it. Just.. just close your eyes.”

Then she did. Mark felt stiffened for a few seconds but he eventually leaned in while placing his right palm to her cheek, and kissed her lips. He titled his head a little and stay like that for awhile, not wanting her to think that he rushed this. But when he’s about to pull away, she put her hand to Mark’s back to deepened the kiss and Mark has no choice but to kiss her back. It didn’t last long, but it the kiss that Jennie always wanted. She pulled away first, forehead still connect to each other.

“Thank you Mark. I will never regret to fall in love with you. Be happy with your boyfriend, goodbye Mark.” She paused when Mark wanted to take her home “Oh and I already call a cab so it’s really fine. You don’t need to drive me. Seriously, I’ll be okay. Like I said, I might need some times to be alone so... bye, for now.” She gave him one final wave before get inside the cab.

 

 

When Mark get back inside his apartment, he need a moment to adjust with what just happened. He sighed, well atleast one problem solved. But he’s horrified when he saw his phone because there are a lot of missed calls from Jinyoung probably tired of waiting for Mark. . He rushed to drive to Jinyoung’s home. But to his dissappointment, Jinyoung’s aunt said that Jinyoung is not home. He tried to call his boyfriend but he is not answering, he typed a message asking where he is, not long after Jinyoung replied back.

“At Jaebum’s.”

Crap. He must be mad because Mark didn’t fulfill his promises. The text sounds so cold and not so Jinyoung. Mark called Jinyoung again right after the younger reply to his text but it seems like Jinyoung didn’t want to pick up his call.

“Babe, I’m at your house right now. Can you come home? Or you want me to pick you up at Jaebum’s? I’m sorry I caught up playing games with Jackson and forget the time. Forgive me please T_T”

He waited and waited but no replies from his boyfriend.

“Jinyoungiee...”

“Let me talk to you pleasee..”

He tried to call Jaebum but no luck, Jaebum also didn’t pick up.

“Hey Jaebum, I know Jinyoung is at your place. Can you perhaps give me your address so I can pick him up?”

No reply.

“Can you let Jinyoung stay the night at your place then? It’s past midnight I’ll be worried if he come home alone. Thank you Jaebum.”

He sighed for seems like a hundredth time today and drive

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter