Chapter 22

It's still you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jinyoung just arrived at his home after drove Mark to the airport. He checked his phone and there’s a text from Wonpil. Truthfully Wonpil has been sending him texts since two days ago but because he was too busy with Mark, he can’t respond to the text that much and now he kinda feel bad towards his best friend, in fact he misses his bestfriend too. So perhaps now is the best time for them to meet up. Jinyoung decided to call Wonpil and asked him to meet up near his house which the other guy happily agreed.

Before he goes to meet Wonpil, he called Mark and found out the older just landed safely at Seoul and about to head home first to packed his belongings. Mark said will call him again before his flight at night.

“Mom, I’m gonna be outside for awhile to meet Wonpil. Will be back soon.” He stopped outside his door when he saw his parents also getting ready to go out. “Where are you going?”

“Oh, we just wanna asked you to come with us to pick up your cousin Junho, we’ll stay there for a night since it’s a long drive to pick him up.”

“Junho hyung?”

“Yeah, he’ll be here to celebrate new year together with us. His parents are abroad so he has no one to celebrate.”

“I want to come with you but I already made a promise to Wonpil. I haven’t spend times with him since I got here.” He pouted.

“Well, we will be back tomorrow with Junho. You can asked Wonpil to stay the night here if you’re afraid to be alone.” His mom teased.

“Urgh, whatever.” He left the house quickly and when he arrived at the park near his house, Wonpil already there waiting for him with his headphone on.

“Yah, Kim Wonpil!” He shouted.

The called guy turned around and waved his hand at Jinyoung. “So you already been here for 3 days and just have time to meet me now? You don't even tell me you're coming to Jinhae, I wouldn't know if I didn't see your instagram post. What kind of best friend are you?” Wonpil pretended to be hurt.

“Don’t be such an . You know I didn’t come here alone. I have to please my guest.”

“You mean the guy who was with you the other night?”

Jinyoung nodded in response, but he can’t hide his smile thinking about Mark.

“So, he’s not a friend, huh? How long has it been? One week? Two weeks?” Wonpil also knows the ‘two weeks’ boyfriend thing that Jinyoung usually had everytime he has boyfriend.

“The thing is, he’s not just some other guy. He’s… special.”

“What do you mean?”

Then Jinyoung tell the story between him and Mark since the beginning. The way he fell in love with Mark at first, until he stupidly ed up made a huge mistake, and also now they’re trying to make their relationship works again.

“I’m just hoping he really can trust me again. I know I ed up, big time, but he said he still loves me and promise to try. I… It’s just.. , I love him so much and it actually scare the out of me because I’ve never loved someone this much.” Jinyoung finishes his story about Mark.

Wonpil remained silent hearing the story from Jinyoung. In fact, it shocked him. He never knew that his best friend is capable to faithfully love someone, he never knew Jinyoung could change, if he had known-

“Yah! Do you hear me?” Jinyoung cut Wonpil from his deep thought.

“Huh? W-wow. I- I don’t know how to react to this. I mean, I never thought you will ever be serious in a relationship.”

“I thought so too. But then Mark happened. Do you think I can have him back?”

Wonpil thinks for a second before answered. “No offense, but if I were him, I would never come back to you.” Jinyoung glared at him but he continue, “What? I said if I were him, and I’m not the type of person who is willing to fall into the same hole twice. Because if I did, it called stupid.”

“But I promised him to change” He whined. “And little by little I’m showing him that I’m serious about my promises.”

“Well, god bless you then.” He playfully said.

“Argh.. why we’re friends at the first place. You really not helping me.”

They continue to talk to each other, have lunch together, and at the end of the day, Jinyoung offered Wonpil to stay the night at his home. Telling that his parents won’t come home tonight because they have to pick his cousin up. But all day he spend his day with Wonpil, Jinyoung didn’t forget to check his phone like every five minutes to see if there’s a text from Mark, he doesn’t want to late reply to the older text. And of course, it doesn’t come unnoticed by Wonpil.

“Can you stop checking out your phone? If there’s a message, you’ll get a notification. No need to look out for every second.”

“Shut up. I want to reply immediately if Mark Hyung text me.”

Wonpil just rolled his eyes at his best friend weird behavior.

They arrived at Jinyoung’s home and decided to play video games until they’re not realized it’s already dark. They only stopped because they feel hungry so Jinyoung goes to the kitchen right away to make a ramen for both of them. Just then Jinyoung heard his phone rings from the living room.

“Yah Kim Wonpil! Can you bring me my phone to the kitchen? It must be Mark Hyung.” He shouted from the kitchen.

Wonpil checked Jinyoung phone, and it’s indeed Mark Tuan with love emoji on the screen. He bring the phone to the kitchen, but when he’s about to pass it to Jinyoung, he tripped and the phone fall down to the water in the kitchen sink. Jinyoung startled to see Wonpil fall, he still didn’t notice that his phone drown into the water.

“What the hell? What are you? 5 years old kid?” Jinyoung laughed while helping Wonpil to stand up.

“And what the hell are you doing? Cooking ramen or splashing water all over the kitchen? Why it’s so slippery here?”

Jinyoung glared. “Do you wanna eat or not?” He paused. Then he realized the ringtone from his phone already turn off. “Where’s my phone?”

Wonpil just silence and awkwardly scrape his nape while looking down.

“Wonpil?”

“Err.. Jinyoung…”

“Where. Is. My. Phone?” He repeated sternly.

Wonpil’s eyes diverted to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter