CHAPTER EIGHT – SHE WANTS HIM

Simple Things

 

I don't know how long I've been lying in my bed.

Staring up at my ceiling, ignoring all calls, texts, basically the outside world. It's been three weeks since I found out about Lisa and Sehun’s break up but that wasn’t the only thing going through my head. In three months, I'll be off to do my services, for my country.

So why was I wasting time?

I broke her heart and I tore mine in the process. My whole life shattered when I watched, the love of my life walk out because I told her too. I was a coward, I was scared… I was scared to actually admit that I was afraid of change, of moving forward into the unknown.

I know what I should do, but… I’m still a coward.

She makes me smile, without meaning too. she makes me miss her, without trying. She makes me laugh when it’s not funny. She’s my whole world, and she’s not even in it.

The songs I've written for her would never amount to how I really feel about her. I stared at all my awards and I would gladly give it up if I could have her back in my life.

She deserves more than what I can offer, and I will offer her the world if I could, but it will never be enough… I will never be enough.

We were opposites, that shouldn't have crossed each other's paths. She was loud, I was quiet, she was energetic, and I was lazy but being with her made me realize that I want to be loud with her, I want to ride on all the rides in the amusement park, as long as I am next to her.

I love her and I always will.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard banging on the front door. I reached out for my phone; it was 10 in the morning.

I don't have any schedules today… must be someone lost, I'll just ignore it.

“HYUNG WE KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE SO OPEN UP!”

Jimin.

What the was Jimin doing here? I groaned rolling over.

I walked towards the front door, promising myself to break Jimin’s hand, because the little , wouldn't stop banging on my door, was he planning on breaking it.

“IM COMING FOR SAKES!” I yelled finally yanking the door open, only to glare at the person who was knocking on my door, and it wasn't Jimin.

Her hand still raised in mid-air as she glared at me, and then inviting herself into my apartment, walking past me not before she bumped into my shoulder.

ing hell.

I stared at everyone who was standing outside my apartment.

'What the ,' I mouthed to my members.

Jimin, Taehyung, and Hoseok glanced at each other before looking over at the other two standing beside them. Mino, and Bobby.

All five of them looked exhausted and tired, but it still didn’t explain why they were here. I moved aside; I might as well invite them in since I so politely invited the person who purposely shouldered me.

I stared at everyone as they all walked past me like zombies.

I followed after them as they all slumped on the couch, but right now my mind was preoccupied with an angry lady who stood in the middle of my lounge, tapping her foot, her arms folded against her chest, glaring right at me.

Kim Jisoo.

“Why are you here?” I asked, staring at them all, wondering why they were here, on a Friday morning, instead of…I don’t know, not here.

I glanced at Jisoo and if looks could kill, I was sure I would be a pile of ashes right now. I stared at Taehyung who could barely stay awake.

“We have been trying to get a hold of you since yesterday” Taehyung mumbled, his head leaning on Jimin.

“Why?” I asked again.

“Because. !” Jisoo snapped surprising everyone including myself.

“Lisa has been missing for 64 hours, that’s 2 days and 16 hours. Jennie, JB, Namjoon, Seungyoon and Hanbin are both leading search parties, obviously, it's kept quiet, we can't have the whole K-pop industry going into chaos. All our managers don't even know, not even YG himself!” Jisoo said, still… glaring at me.

“And yet somehow, you’re the last to ing know, why am I not surprised, didn't think any less of you, than I already do,” she finished, dropping her arms to her side

The room went absolutely silent, and everyone was wide awake now, and during that whole speech, my mind could only comprehend one thing.

Lisa.

“What do you mean, she went missing?” I asked, nearly yelling as I glared at Hoseok who had his hands up in surrender.

Where is she? What the hell is happening?

“Look here Min, I have never been a fan of yours, for a long time, and I honestly, don't know what Lisa sees in you, or why Chaeyoung and Jennie always defended you,” Jisoo growled, surprising everyone except me, I stared back at her with my fist clenched.

This wasn't the first time she made her distaste for me known. She hated me no matter what I did, but right now, I need to know what happened.

“Look, I don't give a what you think about me. Where the is Lisa and—”

“No!” Jisoo yelled, interrupting me

“I knew it was useless coming here,” she growled, glaring at Bobby and Hoseok who were both cowering under her glare.

“What is your problem?” I yelled, stepping towards her, Hoseok quickly stood up his hand on my shoulder as if to calm me down, I shrugged his hand away.

“YOU!” Jisoo snapped, I could see that her eyes were starting to tear up.

Holy .

“Jisoo,” Mino said standing beside her, but she pushed him away glaring right back at me.

I looked at everyone before looking back at Jisoo because in all our years of knowing her not once have we seen her cry not even when Jin left for his service.

She’s colder than Jennie.

“Why did it have to be her? Why her? Why did you have to hurt her… if-if anything happens to…” her voice cracked, it was as if she was forcing herself not to cry. She almost looked… vulnerable.

This was hurting her more than she would care to admit.

She and I never saw eye to eye. I knew it the moment Jin introduced her to me, it was as if she knew something that I didn't but we put up with each other for Jin's sake, but the moment Lisa introduce me to her as her boyfriend, I knew, she hated me and at the time, I tried everything to get in her good graces.

Lisa loves Jisoo more than anything, but I knew I was fighting a losing battle. So, I learned not to care about what she thought of me until I realized, all she wanted to do was protect Lisa, from danger and I was a walking danger zone that destroyed everything in my path.

Hoseok stepped toward Jisoo, placing his hand on her shoulder.

“You're tired, we’re all tired but you need to rest, will take it from here,” Hoseok softly spoke. Jisoo nodded, she was still glaring at me, her tears still threatening to fall.

“I never liked you, and I never will, but… I think you’re the only one who can find her, and Min. Find her, and bring her back.”

I nodded as Hoseok lead Jisoo to the guest room, her shoulders slumped forward.

I looked over at the boys sitting in the lounge, Bobby looked more exhausted than everyone else, which means he knows more.

“Who was the last person to see her and who was the last person she texted,” I asked,

Bobby stared at me, then he recalled everything he remembered,

“The last person she saw was Chae, that was three days ago and the last person she texted that we know of at the moment was Jennie, Lis texted her saying she was okay and she just needs time but that was two days ago and still no word,” Bobby said, his hand ruffling his hair.

“She was supposed to have brunch with BamBam and Jungkook yesterday, and that's when the girls started to worry, because she never misses brunch, ever, and the fact that she won't reply to anyone's texts, the girls haven't slept. JB is keeping an eye out on Jennie, who hasn't eaten or slept and, Chae…” Bobby trailed off, glancing over at Jimin who looked worse than normal.

Jimin looked down at his hands, almost embarrassed by what he was going to say.

“Chae, she doesn't want to see me right now,” Jimin said, “I ed up,” I looked over at Taehyung who was patting his shoulder.

“Hanbin, Junhoe, and Mark are looking out for her,” Taehyung said, not wanting to go further into details and by the look on Taehyung face, it was also the end of this discussion.

“We actually thought Lisa was here,” Mino said, the rest nodded in agreement.

“We thought… you two…” Taehyung said, “but when you didn’t reply to any of our calls or texts, we just assumed, then Sejin-hyung said you have been at the recording studio since yesterday… Then Kook started to panic when Lisa didn’t show up too brunch.”

“I need to find her,”

Mino was staring at me as if he had more to say and I wasn't wrong, because he did.

“Look, I know I said somethings before—”

“You punched me,” I said,

I was still wondering why I let him into my apartment.

After Lisa and I broke up, All of the YG artists had it out for me, I had so many diss raps directed at me and only me, some, actually put a dent in my confidence, they really know how to drag you down.

“Well, it's not like you didn't deserve it, besides I won,” Mino said proudly while Jimin and Taehyung looked at him weirdly so did I, then I glanced over at Bobby who was staring right at me shaking his head as he smirked.

“You don't think I wanted to punch you, or BI or the rest of the boys, we wanted you dead, unfortunately only one person could do it” Bobby finished looking over at Mino.

“Hn, it wasn't much of punch, I think you need lessons from our Maknae,” I said,

Mino laughed “Whatever,” I think he had more to say, but he didn’t.

I remember that day. The way he punched, he felt hesitant, he was holding back. I know he wanted me dead, even his lyrics were out to kill me, but that day, he was thinking about something or someone and it wasn’t me. After that everybody left me alone. I hated the silence more than I thought I would.

“Well it's been, what? nearly two years since then, for you to still be thinking about that punch, must've really meant something” Mino smiled, I ignored him and looked over at Bobby.

“So, what's your plan are you just going to run out and look for her,” he asked.

Lisa

“If I find her in the end, then yes, that's exactly what I will do. So, where have you looked,” I asked, as they all told me all the places that they have searched and the places the others have searched.

I frowned; I was wasting time. Why was I wasting time?

“Look” I started, staring at them “You all look dead and I don't want to carry any dead weight around so, stay here, rest up and I'll go find her,” I said looking over at Bobby and Mino, “Text me if you hear anything,” I asked and they both nodded.

“Hyung I can come with—”

“Stay,” I said, stopping Taehyung from getting up “Your fan meet is tomorrow. Get some rest, you’ll need it,” I said

“You knew?” He asked

I nodded, “Of course, I'm your number one fan” he smiled, and I nodded at him, I glanced over at Jimin who was staring at his hands, “Just call Chae and tell her everything will be okay,” I said Jimin looked up at me and nodded.

“Because whatever it is, whatever you did or whatever she did, you’ll get through this, you both will,” I said, “And Jimin, when you’ve rested enough, take Tae home, he needs proper rest.” Jimin nodded. “Actually, take everyone home,” I said looking at everyone in my lounge.

I walked towards my room to grab some things.

I walked out of my room towards the guest room to see Jisoo sleeping and Hoseok sitting down next to her, as he watched over her.

“How is she?” I asked, Hoseok looked at me, “Exhausted, she just needs to sleep,” Hoseok said combing her hair back as he smiled down at her.

The days when Jisoo would take care of Hoseok, you’d think that he would hate her, but Hoseok always looked out for Jisoo. The thing about Hoseok was that he was a very observant person and he saw that out of everyone he has ever met. Jisoo was the only one who somehow needed his help more than anyone.

I was about to walk away when Hoseok’s voice stopped me.

“You need to ask yourself Hyung, where do you see yourself in the near future? and who do you see standing next to you?”

I looked back at him, and he was smiling at me.

“You love her Hyung, you always have, and you always will, but you keep doing this self-pity , that you’re not good enough for her, that she deserves better…” he shook his head. “I wish you could see, what I see, when you talk about her, think about her, or even look at her… or the way she asks about you, the way she remembers you, the way she talks about you, the way she loves you… she loves you Hyung, still loves you… she never stopped.”

He smiled, “The only one holding back is you”

~~~~~~~

“Where are you, Lisa?” I murmured, sitting inside my car, thinking of a destination that would actually mean something, to me, to you… to us.

It’s been nearly 4 hours since I left my apartment and I have driven to every location that I could think of.

The Playground, where we had our first kiss.

The Restaurant, I booked out for our first date.

The Cinema, where we watched all her favourite movies.

The Café, where you asked for my signature like the weirdo you are because you bought my album.

The Han River, where we sat under a tree, where you taught me Thai and I taught you Daegu Dialect.

The Hotel Suite, where we…

 

------------------------------

 

“Oh. My. God. This is so beautiful!” she smiled, walking toward the window that overlooked the whole city.

“This looks expensive,” she said, staring back at me.

“Does it matter how much it cost,”

She shook her head walking back to me, her hands going around my neck. “No, I think it's romantic,” she smiled pulling me towards her, pressing her lips against mine.

I pulled back “Not cheesy?” I asked.

“Well the roses are a bit clique and the fact that you got red, instead of pink, which you know is my favourite, but hey, it's the thought that counts” she snickered,

I shook my head, with my hands resting on her hips. “You are too much, Lalisa Manoban,”

“I can’t help it when I know what I want, I go for it… like you,” she said, her fingers playing with the tips of my hair.

“Lisa, we don’t have to, we can wait, I can wait, I don’t care if I have to wait, I want you to be sure and I don’t want you to feel that I’m—”

She smiled, covering my mouth “I want this, and I need you to be 100 percent with me.”

“I'm with you, 101 percent, you don't understand how hard it is for me to control myself when you smile at me,” I said, laughing when she flipped her imaginary hair back as she smiled,

“See you're making it hard for me,” I said, smiling at her.

“You have a hard time! I’m the one who’s having a hard time. When you! keep giving me that stupid gummy smile, that makes my knees go weak, and don’t get me started on that stupid smirk of yours… or when you your lips…or when you bite your bottom lip from overthinking… like right now.” She smirked staring at my lips,

I laughed, when I released my bottom lip from my teeth, then I stared at her, everything about her was just…

“You’re beautiful,” I whispered, wrapping my arms around her,

“You don’t have to shower me with a compliment, every time,”

“I’m not, I’m stating facts,” I said, watching her giggle, her eyes glanced down at my lips again.

“Well, you don’t have to flatter me with facts” she mumbled, her cheeks were so red, I just wanted to kiss it.

I chuckled, “And, why is that?’ I asked, gripping the hem of her shirt.

“Because you already have me,” she whispered, leaning forward to capture my lips again.

 

------------------------------

 

I looked around the room, before walking over to the bed and sitting down at the end of it.

I had asked the reception if anyone had booked the place in the past few days, she said she couldn’t give any private information away.

So, I paid for the room.

The room was booked out yesterday just for one night by a young lady who paid in cash, I wanted to laugh because I knew it was her, only she would come up with the Alias name, Yolanda Lewis.

God, I miss her.

I fell back against the bed looking up at the ceiling.

I remember our night together so clearly. It was her first time… our first time, together, and I wanted everything to be perfect because she deserved it and more.

That night was also the first time she said, ‘I Love you’ and like the coward I was, I didn't say it back. It’s ironic, that I would give her the world, but to say three words…

 

------------------------------

 

I slowly opened my eyes, when I realized that I couldn’t feel her warm body next to mine, I blinked a few times, my eyes finally adjusting to the morning light, and when it did, I was lost for words.

I, Min Yoongi, was left speechless, all because of her.

Lalisa Manoban,

She stood near the window, looking out at the morning sky, she looked as if she was floating in a sky full of clouds, and the way the sun hit her, so perfectly.

Her blonde hair was swept to the side, and she wore my white shirt that was hanging off her shoulder and it did nothing to cover her form, almost as if she was teasing me.

I Captured every detail of her body, every strand of her hair, the arch of her slender neck, her tempting collarbones, the soft curves of her , the curve of her slim waist… that I wanted to run my fingers across, the way her hips would move, the way her thighs would squeeze my hips, and her long legs, that I remember gripping so tightly… I closed my eyes, trying to control my breathing.

Only to open my eyes and groan when she stretched her arms up with my shirt rising up revealing more of her … !

I stood up wrapping the covers around my waist, making my way over to her, she must’ve been in her own world, because she still didn’t realize that I was up, and stood right behind her. I s my arms around her and smiled when she giggled as she leaned back into me.

“You smell nice,” I whispered against her bare shoulder,

“Morning,” she whispered, her arms wrapping around mine.

“That's was amazing,” I said, kissing her neck.

She giggled, when I pressed my nose against her neck, “You weren't so bad yourself” she said, I smirked admiring my marks, left on her long, slender neck. I can’t wait to make more.

“Hey, Yoongi,”

“Hn?” I moved from her neck, back to her shoulder, leaving kisses in my trail.

“I love you,” she said, suddenly turning around in my arms, her hands cupping my cheeks, “I’m not expecting anything from this, and I don't want you to say it, because you have to, you don’t. I can wait until you’re ready,”

How is she even real?

She’s beautiful, I smiled closing my eyes, leaning my cheek against the palm of her hand.

“I'll be here waiting. But don't make me wait too long” she said, smiling, her hands resting against my chest, before moving up, her hands going around my neck, pulling her body flushed against mine, and I could feel every outline of her beautiful body.

“Now, I think, you have opened Pandora's box” she smirked, I stared at her confused when she leaned forward, her lips tracing my jawline, moving towards my ear, before taking a nip at my ear lobe.

I growled, holding her hips still, when she kept moving, making it hard for me to concentrate,

“I think I like ,” she whispered, hooking her left leg around my hip…

 

------------------------------

 

I made her wait.

My phone vibrated breaking me from my thoughts. Who was calling me? Maybe someone’s found Lisa, I grabbed my phone,

Jimin.

“Hyung, any luck?”

I sighed, “Luck, Luck has never been on my side, I can only wish—” I stopped talking, and I stood up so quickly,

Holy !

“Hyung?”

“I think, no. I know where she is,” I smiled why didn't I think of this, the first time.

“Really? Hyung! Where I'll tell—”

“I'll call you later,” I said hanging up.

I smiled, I know where she is and knowing that she’s there, I love her more than I already do, and I don't want to waste any more time.

 

*****SPECIAL CHAPTER*****

 

(Authors P.O.V.)

“I'll call you later,” Lisa said hanging up her call to Jisoo Unnie, after telling her that she would be home late, after finishing her recording session with Teddy as she walked through the YG building she heard music, and on instinct, she followed it.

“Mino-oppa?”

Lisa whispered when she saw someone familiar dancing in front of the mirror, she smiled walking further into the dance studio.

“Oppa!”

Mino turned so fast, giving himself a whiplash, and on top of that, he was having a minor heart attack as he clutched his chest, trying to calm his breathing

“YAH! LISA!” Mino yelled.

Lisa stood in the middle of the dance room, looking right at Mino, who was looking around, wondering how she got in without him noticing because he swore that he was the only one left in the practice room… even the building when his manager and Seunghoon left to go home.

“What are you doing here?” Mino asked because it was really late, and she was by herself, and this was not the time for her to be going around. Alone.

“Recording session… actually, I wanted to talk to you,” she whispered

Mino looked at her and couldn’t help but notice how red and puffy her eyes were, or that she looked completely drained…

ing SUGA! When I see him. I’m going to destroy him for hurting my Lali.

Mino nodded walking closer to Lisa, “Of course, what did you want to ask?”

Mino stood in front of Lisa waiting for her to say something, anything at this moment, she wasn’t talking, she just stood there, and it was scaring him… because he couldn’t do anything, and he wouldn’t know what to—

“Please, don’t hit him,”

She whispered so quietly that Mino looked at her confused wondering if he heard right, Lisa reached for his wrist, before clutching on to his jacket.

“Lali, I don’t know what your—” The Pact. How did she know?

“How?” Mino asked, now he knew why Lisa wanted to talk to him.

Bobby decided to make a pact, a pact that involved Bobby, myself, Hanbin, Chanwoo, Junhoe, Seunghoon, Donghyuk, Jinhwan, Yunhyeong, Seungyoon, Jinwoo, and Jaewon.

The day we all found out, was when articles of SUGA, being seen with other female idols came out. At first, they all didn’t believe it, they were idols, nothing was ever true when dispatch was involved.

Until they saw the way Lisa acted, she wasn’t being herself, and she was hiding behind fake smiles and they all knew it.

So, they created a pact, it was simple. Yoongi made our Lali cry, we bought it upon ourselves, to protect our sister and we all hated seeing her cry, so we all decided to tear him apart but as much as we thought that our diss raps would hurt him, it didn’t and if it did, we couldn’t tell. So, we thought will take it up a notch.

“Chaeng told me,”

“Bloody Junhoe” Mino muttered under his breath,

“Lisa, please don’t get involved in this, it’s already set-in-stone and there’s—”

“You played Kai, Bai, Bo. How is that set-in-stone?”

Mino sighed, “Come,” he led her to the seats, they both sat down facing the mirror.

Mino held Lisa’s hand, “Why do you care?” Mino asked.

“I don’t” Lisa whispered, Mino nodded, he threw his arm around her pulling her into his chest.

Mino remembered the first day he met Lalisa Manoban. She was a ray of sunshine, she walked into the dance studio, her and every other female trainee, waiting to get their monthly evaluation results.

She was this tall, lanky, awkward, shy girl who kept to the side, waiting patiently for the rest to finish doing their solo performance.

All the girls there were eager for an opportunity to stand out, to show everyone in this room what they had, what made them stood out from every other trainee there, but he couldn’t stop looking at Lisa, she had something he couldn’t quite put a label on.

He heard stories of the first foreigner in YG entertainment, who was stealing the spotlight, with her charismatic stage presence, and dance moves that could put everyone here to shame, but looking at her right now, he couldn’t see it, she looked to humble… too shy as she sat there waiting for her turn.

When it was finally her turn, she awkwardly stepped in the middle of the room, playing with her fingers. She bowed, said her name in the cutest accent he has ever heard.

He remembers glancing over at Sajangnim who was smiling… he never smiled, because he didn’t want any of the trainees to feel that he was playing favourites, yet here he was… smiling.

“The first time I met you, do you remember?” Mino asked, smiling down at Lisa, who nodded.

“It was right here, in this room, you stood right there,” Mino said pointing to the middle of the room.

He smiled, “You blew my mind, one minute your this little shy girl, and then all I hear, is Rihanna’s, ‘Only Girl in The World’ and you bust out moves, that I have never seen and all I could do was stare at you in awe. You became this confident and strong women, and you were just a kid, hell, I was just a kid, I was still a Trainee, who knew nothing, I mean you left Hanbin speechless.” Mino said, chuckling to himself, remembering the look on Hanbin’s face.

“You remember, the song I was dancing too” she whispered, moving back to look up at him,

He nodded “Of course, you were my favourite,”

Lisa shook her head, “I was everyone’s favourite” she boasted,

“Actually,” Lisa started glaring at Mino, who stared at her confused.

“I remember that day very clearly now…Lali” she finished, and the look that Mino had, made Lisa laugh so loud, that it surprised him.

“You called me—”

“I know!” Mino snapped, Lisa was now clutching her stomach, trying to control her laughing.

Mino smiled, the last time he saw her smile, genuinely smile, was 2 months ago, the last time he genuinely heard her laugh was 2 months ago… when she was happy. Truly happy.

“You still love him,” he whispered,

Lisa smiled looking down at her hands, Mino grabbed them. “It’s okay. I mean. I can’t say I understand how you feel, but… I think I know why you want me to stop,”

Lisa felt her eyes fill with tears, she tried pulling her hand out of his grasp, but he refused to let her hand go as he shook his head.

“It would hurt you, if we, hurt him” he whispered, his heart ached, when she nodded at him.

“Can I ask why? Why you broke up?” Mino asked, Lisa, stared up at him and shook her head,

Mino nodded, his heart aching seeing her cry her eyes out, he pulled her into a hug, rubbing her back in a soothing circle,

“We’ll stop,” Mino said, Lisa, nodded clutching his shirt tightly.

After I punch him, Mino thought.