CHAPTER NINETEEN – WE SAY I DO (PART ONE)

Simple Things

 

“How exciting is this” Jungkook said out loud.

He smirked, “My Hyung, my L, it's finally happening,” he said proudly.

I glared at him, not because of the Lisa comment, those two have a friendship that I really don't want to understand. No, I was angry simply because I think the black-tie would've looked better than this navy-blue tie, that I’m wearing. The tie that he suggested.

I looked back at the mirror, I don’t think it suits my eyes…

“Hyung, are you okay?”

I looked away from the mirror to see Taehyung who was smiling, that famous box smile of his,

I nodded and smiled at him

“I don't think so, you've been more quiet than usual since we separated you from Lisa,” Jungkook smirked.

Another reason why I am angry.

Taehyung sighed “Kook, you’re not helping at all,” he said.

 

------------------------------

 

“This feels familiar” Lisa whispered against my neck.

I frowned pulling her closer because it did feel familiar because we are both being separated for reasons, I have no ing idea why.

They were just separating us, and this moment reminded me of the day I had to leave Lisa because I was doing my services.

, I hated that day.

“It's only for one night, Min” Jennie called out.

“I don't remember her being there,” I whispered.

I smiled when Lisa giggled burying her head in my neck.

“,” Jennie mumbled.

I smirked, hugging Lisa closer. If that was even possible, then I felt her lips on my neck.

“Okay lovebirds break it up” Jin called out.

I smiled feeling Lisa shake her head as she moved her head from my neck to my chest.

“Yah! Hyung we have to go” Jungkook yelled.

Then Lisa suddenly pulled back glaring at everyone.

“I don't understand why you have to split us up, I mean Jisoo-unnie and Jin-oppa didn't need to,” Lisa said,

“Yes,” Jisoo stated “We had a girl’s day out, and we all went to Hongdae, no boys allowed, remember,” Jisoo smiled.

I laughed when Lisa rolled her eyes, “Because you suggested it, no one forced you away from Jin-oppa,”

True.

“Besides the only one who followed that stupid, no boys allowed rule was me and only me,” she said glancing at the girls who were all avoiding eye contact.

She looked at Jin who was laughing awkwardly and Jimin who was scratching his nape.

I heard about that. Everyone went to see their girls, while I, who just got a few days off during my services and hadn't seen my fiancé for over 6 months wasn't allowed. Oh, how I rained hell on every one of them when I found out.

“Well this is different,” Jisoo said, I looked at her wondering how was this different, I really wanted to hear her answer.

Lisa frowned “How is this different? and why is this different?” she said.

Jennie stared at Jisoo signalling for her to say something but Jisoo shook her head.

Lisa frowned then she sighed “Why now?” she pouted.

From a strong scary girl, demanding answers. To a cute girl who just wanted the truth.

Damn, I love this girl.

I could see everyone staring at each other. Namjoon and Jin were trying really hard not to squeal at her ageyo and the Maknaes was avoiding all eye contact with Lisa, and so was Chae.

I laughed that even now she can still manage to make everyone fall to her will.

“Because…” Jisoo started only to stare at her members. I laughed when she nudged Jennie who groaned at Jisoo before she stepped forward.

“Because… because we loved you first, and we will always love and protect you no matter what and because… you are our Maknae, our little Dongsaeng,” Jennie said, emphasizing the word ‘our’ and earning quick nods from Chae and Jisoo.

“Because once you get married your attention will only be on Min and you'll forget us and right now, I need you to step away from your fiancé,” Jennie added.

Damn, should've seen that coming.

Lisa nodded “Arraso Unnie,” she said,

I stared down at Lisa with her hands dropping to her sides. I smiled cupping her cheeks.

“One more kiss” I whispered leaning down and kissing her lips.

“It's only one-day”

I ignored Jisoo’s comment and focused my attention on Lisa who was smiling against my lips.

I pulled back staring at Lisa who still had her eyes closed.

“Jisoo-ah do you remember when that was us,” Jin said out loud, I stared at him and he was smiling at Jisoo, who was glaring back at him.

“No, because that was never us,” Jisoo said making everyone laugh at Jin, who pouted in front of her.

“I like to think it was,” Jin said earning a scroll from Jisoo, while Jin only smirked as if he knew something.

“Okay that's enough,” Jisoo said staring at us and ignoring Jin who was now smirking at her.

I looked back at Lisa, still cupping her face.

“Fine,” Lisa pouted, I laughed stealing one more kiss before pulling away.

“Finally,” Jungkook said before he and Taehyung grabbed me, as the two forcefully dragged me away.

“YAHHH!” I yelled only for it to fall on death ears as I was being dragged out of my apartment while Lisa stood their waving goodbye,

“Bye, bye” Lisa laughed.

I shook my head.

“This time tomorrow you will be mine. Mrs. Lalisa Min” I yelled out.

Lisa laughed “Or will you be mine…  Mr. Yoongi Manoban” she winked.

Suddenly I wasn't being dragged away and suddenly we were all staring at Lisa who was standing in the middle of the room with her Unnies all staring at her.

Jennie was shaking her head and palming her face in embarrassment, Jisoo was laughing, while Chae stood to the side covering … was she… blushing.

“Once again, Lisa Oppa stealing hearts,” Jennie said laughing at Chae, who was covering her face.

Chae wasn’t the only one who fell for Lisa’s charms.

“Pabo,” Jungkook laughed clutching his stomach.

“Kyeopta, neomu kyeopta” Namjoon squealed, so did Jimin and Jin.

“The way she said it though,” Taehyung said, who was blushing, as he held his cheek.

Lisa looked at everyone before glancing back at me, how is she so cute?

She smiled at me, “You still love me, right?” she asked.

“I don't think I'll ever stop loving you,” I said.

“Yobo,” Jin called out, catching everyone's attention “You’re right, that was never us,” Jin said as he winked at Jisoo who was still laughing.

I stared at Lisa who was only staring at me as she should because my eyes can only focus on her.

. I am cheesy.

Lisa smiled “Just for tonight, and only for tonight, you won't be with me, to hold and kiss me goodnight, but tomorrow I plan to spend forever with you, as your wife and I will call you my husband, not that I already do,” she said,

Nope, I'm not the cheesy one.

We both are.

Then she smirked “Or, we could see each other tonight at the hotel… I'll be in the platinum suite; I think it’s room—”

“YAHHH!” Jennie yelled rushing over to Lisa as she quickly covered .

I laughed at Lisa who I could tell was laughing behind Jennie’s hand,

“OUT!” Jisoo yelled staring at us all.

 

------------------------------

 

Jimin laughed “It’s not Kook, he's been angry since Joon Hyung caught him on the phone trying to call Lisa” Jimin said, staring at Namjoon, who smiled.

I glared Namjoon who only shrugged his shoulders.

“Jennie insisted that the two of you not talk to each other, and Jungkook you are definitely not helping as well,” Namjoon said,

Jungkook laughed and Jimin joined along with him.

I ignored the two and went back to looking in the mirror.

“Yoongi, smile it's your wedding day,” Jin said.

I stared at him through the mirror as he walked in through the front doors, I smiled when I saw who was behind him, I quickly turned around.

“You ing made it” I laughed walking over to Hoseok.

He smiled “I couldn't miss my brothers' wedding,” he said as I pulled him into a hug.

“HYUNG!” I heard the Maknaes yell and before I could pull away, I was forced into a group hug.

Great.

“How did you manage to leave, Sejin-hyung said that you were ranked to first Sargent and something about receiving an award,” Namjoon said, once I managed to push everyone away.

Hoseok laughed “Something like that, but its Sargent Major to you” he smirked.

Holy .

Namjoon smiled “You truly are something,” he said

Hoseok shrugged his shoulder.

Still humble as ever.

“So, what's this I hear about you not smiling on your wedding day, last I checked I wasn't the one holding the rings,” Hoseok said, as everyone laugh.

Hoseok stared at me waiting for me to talk.

I frowned “I just wanted to know if she's okay, sometimes she would say she's fine but she's not and I know when she's not,” I said staring at him.

Then he smiled “I never told you this but I'm sure everyone always says how lucky you are for Lisa to be in your life, but I think they're wrong. I think Lisa is lucky to have someone who would always put her first because knowing that girl she would never put herself first and I respect you for that” Hoseok said.

What would I do without you?

“And trust when I say, she could not stop smiling when I saw her this morning and if she knew you weren't smiling, how do think she would feel,” He smiled.

I slowly nodded; he was right.

I smiled “You can't leave us. You and your wise words… ever,”

“Hyung is right, when did you become so… wise,” Jungkook asked.

Hoseok smirked, “I've always been wise, it just takes one great moment for people to realize that—”

‘Knock, knock’

“Sorry guys to disturb, but there is someone who wants to talk to the groom,” Sora the wedding planner said, as she poked her head through the door,

I wanted to laugh at Hoseoks face who hated the fact that he was interrupted during his big speech.

“Who is it?” I asked

I stared at her and she looked as if she was blushing, I stared at my members and they all shrugged their shoulders just as confused as I was.

“It's umm…” Sora giggled as she stepped aside.

“Hey,”

.

The room was in complete silence. We all stared at the doorway, more precisely, we were all staring at the person who just walked in… Sehun.

“Hey back,” I managed to say, once I found my voice.

EXO's Oh Sehun was standing right in front of us.

“Can I talk to you for a minute?” he asked,

I nodded. Since speaking seems to have left me.

“That's our queue to leave” Namjoon announced, then he stared at me as he nodded. “We’ll be in Jin-hyungs room, getting ready,” he added

Jin shook his head, “No way, Jisoo would kill me if you guys got ready in our room, let's go to Taes room,” Jin said, everyone stared at Taehyung who was shaking his head.

“Nope,” Taehyung said, “I specifically had my room serviced this morning because you all left a mess in my room last night,”

Are you ing kidding me?

I stared at Sehun who stood awkwardly to the side.

“Kooks room?” Taehyung suggested, turning his gaze to Jungkook who also shook his head.

“Nope, there's someone in there, and she kind of won't leave,” he said rubbing his nape.

“Seriously Kook,” Namjoon argued.

“What? I didn't think she would be clingy, we just met last night.”

“How? When? We were all together” Jimin said looking at Jungkook with disbelief, so was everyone else.

“Still breaking hearts, I see” Hoseok smirked

Jungkook smirked, “What can I say—”

“OUT!” I yelled,

Everyone stared at me before they all quickly scattered out of the room, pushing each other and knocking things down.

“But this is my room,” Jimin said glancing back at me only for me to glare right at him before he was pushed out by Jin who was quick to close the door.

“So, whose room are we supposed to go to,” Jungkook yelled out.

For the first time… this month, I felt embarrassed, as I stared at Sehun who stood there, trying to hold back his laugh.

“Sorry for intruding,” he said, I shook my head gesturing towards the couch.

Sehun nodded, “I just wanted to say. Congratulations” he said as he walked towards the couch.

“Thanks,” I said watching him sit down.

I didn't know he knew about our wedding, the last time we spoke he punched me in the face, but that was years ago. So, why was he here?

“Actually, I came here, with the intention of stopping your wedding,” he said so casually, that it took a while for me to figure out that he wasn’t lying, and he can read my thoughts.

“What the !” I snapped, and he sat there laughing.

“I was, I had been thinking about this day for nearly 6 months when Lisa came and gave me an invite, she’s too nice sometimes”

Of course, she did. Now it makes sense.

“I came here with every intention of stopping this wedding and making her see that I am the right guy for her,” he said staring at his hands as if they were more entertaining than what he just said.

I stared at him because, if he did want to stop it, he wouldn’t be here telling me everything,

“You don't want to stop it, what happened? What made you change your mind?” I asked,

He smiled, “I saw her… twirling around in her dress, she's beautiful and… she looks happy” he said, staring up at me.

“I remember the first time I saw her; I was captured by her beauty. The first time we met, I was intrigued by her kindness, and the moment she walked into my life, I felt complete.”

I felt every word he said because every word he said was true and I could feel it.

He laughed “Not a day goes by that I wished, I had met her first,” he said.

“But nothing I say or do, would ever compare to how she smiled today. Even when we were together, she never smiled, like the way she smiled today. It was that same smile that captured my heart, that captured millions of hearts and it was in that moment, I realized that there was only one person who could ever make her smile that way” he said.

I smiled hearing his words. Lisa was right, he is perfect.

We stayed in silence, I was trying to collect my thoughts, to try and understand but really, there was only one thing that has been bothering me from the moment I woke up.

“How is she?”

He stared at me wondering why I wasn't punching him or kicking him out. I mean, I like to think, that’s what he was thinking.

Out of all the things I could be asking him, this is what mattered to me.

Sehun laughed, nodding his head, “She's happy, she couldn't stop smiling and laughing when I saw her. She's fine, besides if she was really nervous, she tends to—”

“Fiddle with her fingers” I finished, Sehun smiled, then he nodded as he stood up.

“I should head to the chapel,” he said before walking to the door,

“Sehun,” I called out, he stopped and turned back to face me.

“Thank you,” I said, he stared at me confused before he laughed, “For not stopping your wedding,” he said.

I shook my head “For coming,” I said

He smiled, “Be careful Min, I think Lisa is rubbing off on you?” he said as I watched him walk out then he stopped just at the door.

“I didn't know why she invited me, I thought it was to rub it in my face, or maybe it was her way of saying ‘help me, don't let this wedding happen’” he snickered, he turned to look at me.

“She invited me because this is the day, that she wants to share with the people she loves and I'm happy that she thought of me, she has a big heart, so protect that heart,” he said before he left the room.

Oh, Sehun. I'm glad you were in her life.

“What's with our ex's and previous flings wanting to share their last words,” I said out loud.

 

------------------------------

 

“Congratulations are in order”

I turned around, to see someone I thought I would never see well not in a situation like this.

I nodded, “Thanks…What are you doing—” I glanced around since we were in the middle of the hallway at a music station.

“Don't worry, I didn't stalk you” she laughed, “Our group is still promoting our new single and I saw you walk by, I wanted to congratulate you and Lisa-shi”

I could only nod not knowing what to do or say, I mean we left things on good terms but this, this was too awkward for me.

Sojung smiled, “I'm happy for you, for the both of you,” she said,

I nodded, I was on my way to see Jungkook who was promoting his 4th solo single and he was performing next and I just finished watching Lisa's goodbye stage with Mino.

I couldn't count how many times I had thanked Mino for protecting Lisa. He would only smile and look at Lisa 'I'd do anything for that girl, besides she's my little Lili' before he went back to being the annoying Mino, that always liked to push me to the end, just so he could make Lisa laugh.

I’m not going to try and understand the relationship between Lisa and her YG (stupid) brothers, I’m just thankful that they look out for her, that they would do anything to protect her and—

“I see you still daze off,” Sojung laughed, “I'm sorry, you must be here to show support for Lisa-shi and Jungkook-sunbaenim, and I'm in your way,”

I nodded and then she started biting her bottom lip.

.

“No, you’re not, I'm just… me,” I said and Sojung laughed.

I smiled, “Thank you by the way,”

She nodded, “Was it that hard to talk?” she asked,

I laughed “The worst”

She smiled “I wish you all the best Yoongi, you deserve happiness, by the way, what Lisa-shi did last week… that was the most amazing thing I’ve ever seen,” she smiled,

Same.

“Hey Sojung,” I said before she walked away.

“You deserve happiness too,” I said,

She nodded, “I do,” she murmured before she bowed and walked away.

 

------------------------------

 

I walked over towards the window and I could see everything being set out at the back of the hotel in the garden near the lake where the reception will be held, well a night-time reception.

I had the pleasure of organizing the reception, a surprise for my beautiful wife to be, well she took care of everything, well, not all but this was the big one.

Lisa was at first sceptical but then she shrugged her shoulders, smiled and said,

‘At that point, we are already married and that's all that matters to me. What happens after, would only be amazing.’

Basically, if I screw this up, she wouldn't care because we're already married.

Her members, on the other hand, wanted to organize it, even Omma wanted to be a part of it but this was my project and my project alone, with the help of Jungkook, Jimin, and Chae. I wasn't going to tell Jimin everything cause that idiot couldn’t keep his mouth shut for the life of him.

Jungkook and Chae were easy to control after Chae stopped crying every time I told them the plan. Well, part of the plan.

Lisa’s going to love it I know she will.

“Hey, we're doing a part 2 stag, just for Hobi”

I turned to see Namjoon leaning against the door.

I laughed, “He does know we went to a bowling club right,” I said, Namjoon shook his head.

“Not really, Kook and Tae have been feeding him with false stories but I'm not the one who's going to tell Hoseok the truth, he looks very happy to have a part 2. So, whatever Kook and Tae told him, must’ve been really good” Namjoon laughed.

I shook my head, “What are we going to do with those two?”

Namjoon shook his head as well, “My guess is as good as yours” he said.

“So, I'm guessing Lisa was the one who invited Sehun,” Namjoon said and I nodded.

He smiled, “How did it go, I see you're still intact, so it's safe to say no punches were thrown” he laughed.

“Something like that,” I said as he walked towards me and we both looked out the window.

“Is this the reason why you wanted to get ready in Jimin’s room?” Namjoon asked.

Nothing escapes this guy.

“Something like that,” I said reaching for my jacket.

“The black-tie looks better,” Namjoon said, I stared at him then at the tie around my neck, “The navy one wouldn’t have suited your eyes”

See, nothing escapes this guy.

Namjoon smiled “One last drink for Mr. Yoongi Min…”

I stared at him before he grabbed me by the shoulders pulling me out of the room, where I quickly grabbed the black tie.

“… Before you become Mr. Yoongi Moon Manoban,” he laughed draping his arms over my shoulder.

“I think I like the sound of that, you could say it’s growing on me” I laughed shrugging his arms off.

I love you Lalisa Manoban and I can't wait to I say I do.