CHAPTER FIFTEEN – HE WILL PROTECT HER

Simple Things

 

“You just couldn't wait, could you!” Yang Hyun Suk growled

I was trying so hard not to smile but for some reason, I couldn't wipe the grin off my face, even if I wanted to. Lisa kept dodging my hands, from holding her, while she tried not to smile or laugh, with her head bent down like a child being scolded.

Well, we are getting scolded, I just couldn't care, even if this situation is serious.

We were currently sitting in one of their many conference rooms at YG Entertainment. Bang Hyung, Yang Hyun Suk, Namjoon, and Jennie, they all sat opposite us, glaring at us, well, they were only glaring at me.

From the moment I stepped into the room, I could feel their glares and I was already prepared for what was to come. So, I sat there, smirking the whole time… and avoiding Yang Hyun Suks stare.

If they were expecting me to apologize, then that was never going to happen.

“Two months, you couldn’t wait for another two months. Lisa just released her first solo album, and you just had to drop the bomb.” Yang Hyun Suk growled, shaking his head.

The last time I saw him he looked actually good for his age, but now it was like he aged 10 more years.

Stress really eats at him.

I looked over at Namjoon who was clearing his throat, probably trying to get everyone’s attention… smooth Joon, smooth.

“From what I can see, Lisa’s album has gained more recognition than it already has,” Namjoon added only to quickly look away when Yang Hyun Suk glared at him.

At least I'm not the only one who’s scared of him.

Jennie shook her head.

“Yes, Lisa is already number one, and her MV views have increased in the past few hours and so have her album sales,” Jennie said, staring right back at Yang Hyun Suk.

We watched as the two had a staring contest before Yang Hyun Suk looked away sighing to himself as Jennie sat there, arms folded.

Guess she's the only one not scared.

“That wasn't the point,” Yang Hyun Suk said, smiling at Lisa before glaring back at me.

“The point was for Lisa to gain a foot in K-pop as a solo artist, not as Blackpink’s Maknae, or YG's first Foreigner, and especially not as Suga's Fiancé,” he added

I looked over at Lisa and she was blushing.

Suga's Fiancé. I bet

Years have passed and she still blushes… I love you.

“I wanted Lisa, to be Lisa and with this being her first solo album and the most anticipated album out of her members, I wanted her to shine because she’s the brightest star and… I didn't want her moon, to block her,” Yang Hyun Suk smirked

me now. Everyone’s got jokes.

I frowned, glaring at Namjoon and Jennie who were both snickering and Bang Hyung who was openly laughing while Lisa just sat there covering her face, trying not to laugh.

Yang Hyun Suk smirked “However, it has happened, and it is already set in motion and all that we can do, is to make sure that in the next 3 months no more surprise… on both ends,” he said, staring at Lisa, who nodded.

“Are you sure you don't want to wait?” Yang Hyun Suk asked Lisa smiled shaking her head.

I'm getting married as well, don't I get a say?

“I think, we've waited long enough,” she said, reaching out to finally hold my hand,

Namjoon and Jennie were both smiling at Lisa who was smiling down at our hands.

“Lisa if he breaks your heart, all bets are off,” Yang Hyun Suk said staring at Lisa as the two smiled at each other.

What's off? What bet? What am I missing here?

“I know, but don't worry if he breaks my heart… I'll tear him apart” Lisa smiled, squeezing my hand.

Wait… What?

“I taught her well,” Jennie said, clapping her hands and nodding at Lisa,

Namjoon and Bang Hyung both snickered on the side.

I looked at Lisa who was smiling at everyone in the room, I glared at them all especially the two people who are meant to have my back.

Who am I kidding, I'll be surprised to find at least someone on my side.

Jimin?

Hoseok…? Definitely.

I stared at Lisa who was smiling.

Yang Hyun Suk nodded “Well that's semi-settled, now on to your promotions, we have decided to cancel your live stages this week—”

“Wait! What?” Lisa said, suddenly standing up.

Yang Hyun Suk sighed, “It's for your own safety, after what happened last night—”

“What happened?” I asked and all four of them looked at me as if I had just entered the room.

“You're serious?” Jennie said, then she glanced at Lisa, who was refusing to look at anyone,

“Lisa?” Jennie growled

I looked at Lisa, her fingers playing against mine, “Lisa?” I said,

She sighed “It’s nothing—”

“It’s not, nothing—”

“I said it was nothing!” Lisa said, interrupting Jennie who looked ready to attack.

“So, it’s nothing,” she said taking a step back and sitting down, as she eyed everyone in the room.

I stared at her, then I looked at Yang Hyun Suk, who looked disappointed, then at Jennie who looked furious.

“Getting egg thrown at you, it’s not, nothing. It’s dangerous and I was glad that Mino was there to protect you from those delusional and rabid fans!” Jennie growled.

“ARMY are not rabid!” Namjoon argued back, glaring at Jennie.

She rolled her eyes and stared back at Namjoon, “Really, could have fooled me and BTW, I didn't say it was them, but since you mentioned it, I guess it is.” Jennie murmured.

Namjoon stood up so fast that I nearly had a whiplash watching him stand “If anyone is Rabid, BLINKS—”

“This is why I didn't say anything!” Lisa yelled.

Namjoon and Jennie were glaring at each other before they slowly retreated when Lisa glared at the two.

She sighed before grabbing both of my hands as she faced me.

“We knew the consequences of our actions and what it would implement, especially to our fans but for our fans to truly trust us. We need to be strong; we can't go blaming everyone because we want someone to blame. BLINKS and ARMY, they’ve always been strong, either apart or together, they are strong, but one rotten egg should not be blamed for a whole tray of eggs” Lisa said, smiling at me before looking at Jennie who shook her head.

Jennie frowned “Too soon to be making egg references,” she mumbled

Lisa smiled “I'm okay, besides it hit Mino Oppa, not me”

Jennie sighed,

How did I not notice this when I saw her last night.

“I should have noticed. How did I not notice? Lisa, how can I protect you, if I don't even know what’s happening,” I said squeezing her hand and she smiled.

“Because I don't want to burden you and that’s who I am, you know that and everyone in this rooms knows that,”

I sighed knowing exactly what she meant and so did everyone else.

I cupped her face, “I know you want to believe the good in everyone but sometimes, the world is a scary place and every day I fear for my life. For my members, my parents, but mainly, I fear for yours. You may think it's not worth telling me these things but everything you do, matters to me and knowing that someone hurt you and I wasn't there to protect you or that I was the last to know, it hurts. So, burden me” I said wiping a tear that was running down her cheek.

“I’m your fiancé, soon to be husband, and I want you to rely on me, to burden me, because I love you, and seeing you hurt, would hurt me more.”

I smiled when she slowly nodded.

“She will still perform,” I said looking over at Yang Hyun Suk whose eyebrows were raised,

I smirked, “And I will attend.”

“Are you kidding me, can't you just lay low?” Jennie argued before Yang Hyun Suk could say anything.

I shook my head ignoring her comment

“How else can I support and protect my future wife,” I said Lisa giggled when everyone in the room groaned.

Yang Hyun Suk smiled “You know what, I give up, Lisa I trust your decisions, I really do but are you sure you want to marry him?”

“Sajangnim!” Lisa said facing him,

I glared at Jennie and Namjoon who were both snickering.

“Fine, attend her live shows, just for this week, and only this week, more security will be added for better protection… for both of you,” Yang Hyun Suk said.

“Chaeyoung will be in Japan for her photoshoot. Jennie will be recording her 3rd mini album and Jisoo is currently still filming for her drama” He added before he stood up, glancing at Bang Hyung,

“Bang PD let’s talk damage control in my office,” he said walking out with Bang Hyung following after Yang Hyun Suk. Bang Hyung stopped in front of Lisa and pinched her cheek, as she giggled, slapping his hand away.

Bang Hyung smiled “You're too good for this world,” he said, then he left closing the door after him.

I looked over at Namjoon and Jennie who were both having a silent debate, with their eyes, which only means that they have more to say. No way am I staying for this.

“So, now that, that is over with, my girl and I are leaving because we have better things to do,” I said, quickly standing up and holding Lisa's hand, she smiled standing up.

“Sit!” Namjoon and Jennie both said

Lisa quickly sat back down,

Are you ing kidding me?

I frowned refusing to sit down, Jennie glared at me.

Like that was going to make a difference.

Suddenly I was being pulled back down. I fell back against the chair and glared at Lisa who sat there, innocently smiling away.

Jennie glared at me “Namjoon and I, we don't understand the workings of both your minds and frankly, we don't want to,” she said, glancing at Namjoon.

Namjoon nodded “You both need to understand some certain things. We also had this talk with Jin-hyung and Jisoo-shi and they both were understanding” Namjoon said.

“You are idols who love each other, and with that comes responsibility” he added.

Jennie nodded “You must be able to differentiate from Personal to Professional. Namjoon and I have no idea if what we say matters or if it’s true, but we all know how the media works. We’ve all been victims to idiotic stories, or sinister tabloids, but now the whole world knows about your engagement. This is the time where your every movement, or what you say, will be highly judged. So, pay no need to ignorant rumours or stupid comments” Jennie said.

“Trust in each other, and in your members and rely on us in times of need… just not me,” Jennie smirked as she stood up not before looking back at me.

“This is why we had planned for the announcement to be said later on so that it gives the world less time to gossip and by the time they come up with a newsworthy heading it would be too late because you two would’ve already been married,” she said and walked out leaving only the three of us.

“I really don't know how JB can handle that,” Namjoon said staring after Jennie.

“I think JB-oppa has control in the bedroom,” Lisa said

Namjoon and I both stared at Lisa in shock, wait Jennie is into that kind of—

“Jennie-unnie can be very vocal sometimes,” Lisa said, she turned to us and smirked.

“Okay, too much information,” Namjoon said,

Lisa giggled, “It was a Joke Oppa, besides I think JB-oppa is Jennie's kryptonite”

Namjoon sighed shaking his head, then he turned to us and smiled,

“I think you two really balance each other out, one radiates light, while the other sits in darkness.” He said,

Namjoon laughed “I think I just found inspiration for a new song,” he said, as he stood up and left.

I looked over at Lisa still holding her hand, I pulled her up from her chair and turned her around making her sit down on my lap, with her back against my chest and my arms wrapped around her, she was leaning back onto me. I kissed her head as we sat there in silence.

 

------------------------------

 

I have been sitting on the couch for the past four hours, going through some lyrics I wrote down, trying to make sense of it, I honestly don’t know if it makes any sense, or why I wrote it, I don't even know how I got here.

Is it morning already? Or is the afternoon? Evening?

I suddenly jumped when I felt arms come around my shoulder, waking me up from my trance.

I relaxed when I realized who it was, the way she smelt, the way I feel whenever she’s near me…

“You work too much” Lisa whispered near my ear, I relaxed when I felt her fingers doing magic to my shoulders.

I leaned back against the couch closing my eyes. her long hair tickling the side of my face.

“You have practice in an hour,” she whispered, I groaned, I forgot we were performing at music bank today.

“How did you get in?” I asked moving my head more to the left, feeling her fingers move up my neck.

She laughed “I have been here since last night,” she said.

“Really?” I whispered

. I love her fingers.

“Sometimes I worry about you,” she laughed, “Jin came over to see Jisoo-unnie, so I came here, knowing you would be alone, you were so excited to see me… I think” she laughed,

How can I remember when her fingers were sending me to, a whole new world… wait, I have a feeling we watched Aladdin last night.

“Jimin-oppa, Tae-oppa, and Kookie are at Bighit, They left this morning. Jin-oppa is still with Jisoo-unnie. Hobi-oppa and Joon-oppa are with Sejin-oppa, who came to pick them up, not too long ago,” she said, I opened my eyes, when she stopped, I looked up at her and she was smiling.

“I knew you would be busy today because last night you fell asleep during Aladdin, but you kept humming in your sleep, and that only means that today you would be in your… mojo”

I laughed, then she pinched my cheek. I frowned, reaching out for her but she was quick to move away only for her to jump over the couch as she sat down next to me.

She was such a boy sometimes.

She moved my laptop away before grabbing my shoulders, pulling me back so that I could lie down on her lap.

I smiled up at her as she combed through my hair, “Mojo?” I asked.

She laughed “Yes, your mojo, and I also know that you would forget important things and not take notice of what’s happening right in front of you”

I looked at the table in front of us and realized that there was a bottle of water, sliced up fruits that were eaten, fruits I don't even remember eating and a plate full of breadcrumbs, did I eat?

I looked at Lisa who was smiling down at me.

“I don't know what goes through that head of yours, but yes, you ate. You had breakfast, and lunch”

“You mean I ate; I ate food that you cooked… I can't believe I'm still alive—” I groaned when she pulled my hair.

“Shut up,” she laughed, bending forward to kiss my forehead.

Honestly, this girl is making me feel things without me even noticing.

“Now, you need to take a nap before your managers come to pick you up,” she said combing her fingers through my hair.

“For what?”

“When I said you forget the important things, you really do forget, you have a fan meet today for your promotion for ‘I Need U’ you poor old man, you're growing up too fast”

“Shut up” I laughed, hearing her laugh. I stared up at her, as she smiled down at me,

“Promise you won't ever leave me” I whispered.

She smiled biting her bottom lip, “Who else is going to look out for you,”

I nodded, closing my eyes relaxing into her as I started humming away.

“Yoongi”

“Hn”

“I think I’m ready”

 

------------------------------

 

I remember that day, How could I forget… it was the day we both trusted each other. It was one of those days that made me feel safe… loved, and all she did was stay with me… I can’t believe I thought I could live without her.

“What are you thinking about?” Lisa asked.

I smiled, “Nothing,” I whispered into her neck,

We sat there, in silence as I listened to her breathing and feeling her fingers, play with mine.

“Were you scared?” I asked, kissing her cheek.

Because I am, knowing that I wasn’t there to protect—

She shook her head, “At the time, I wasn't but when I got in the van, a part of me was, I was scared. Then I thought of you and, all I could think about was you, if you were safe, if you were okay and how much I wanted to see you; how much I’ve missed you” she said leaning back into my chest,

“Last night I was planning on yelling at you, but the moment you walked through the door I just… I missed you.” she finished, holding onto my arms and pulling them tighter around her.

“I love you” I whispered, against her ear, she giggled, trying to move away but I held her tight,

“I love you more” she giggled,

I smiled “I don't think that's possible,” I said kissing the top of her head.

“And why is that, Yoongi” she laughed, snuggling closer to me, I moved my hands forms hers and hugged her close.

I smiled, “Because the moon is bigger than the star,” I said.

She laughed “You're too much sometimes… my pale moon

 

*****SPECIAL CHAPTER*****

 

(Authors P.O.V.)

“The great Min Yoongi”

Yoongi turned to see, Mino standing at the doorway, already dressed and ready to go on stage, Yoongi ignored him and went back to looking at Lisa who was still getting her make up done.

Lisa smiled waving at Mino through the mirror. He smiled at Lisa before he walked further in, bowing to everyone.

Mino could see how tense the room was. It has been for the past few days compared to two weeks ago when Lisa’s promotion started when everyone was genuinely happy to be there. Now everyone was walking on eggshells because Min Yoongi was here, watching over everyone like a Hawke and checking every detail like he was Lisa’s personal bodyguard.

Mino laughed slouching down on one of the couches, Yoongi glanced back at him,

“You're late,”

Mino looked at the time, then looked at everyone in the room who were all avoiding eye contact with him.

“What do you mean, I’m late, I’m on time and we don’t start in another half an hour,” Mino said,

“Besides, I was hungry, and I kept getting sandwiches” Mino smirked, winking at Lisa through the mirror, who giggled.

Yoongi laughed, a laugh so ominous that Mino refused to admit that he was scared. Everyone could tell if Yoongi’s laugh was genuine. He always showed his gums, but if he didn’t… run for your life.

“You're late to do your make-up.”

Mino sighed, looking over at Lisa who was smiling away, knowing how much she was enjoying this. All she saw was that her fiancé was here, she didn’t realize how scary it was to actually have her fiancé here. To have him fuss over every single detail. Even the camera crew was scared at how articulate he was.

How the camera angle should be set.

How the background stage should be more relatable to the performance.

How Mino should walk in and not touch Lisa.

Yes, Mino heard it all, which is why he was happy that this was going to be the last stage performance with Lisa.

Don’t get him wrong, he loved performing with Lisa. Watching her, seeing how happy she was just to be on stage, how she interacted with her fans. He loved it, he loved all of it… until Min Yoongi reared his head in and decided to have an input on everything.

Mino understood why Min Yoongi was the way he was. Seeing how everyone looked at Lisa… mainly the men, even if Yoongi was standing right next to her.

Until Mino saw how protective Min Yoongi could really be

Last week, Lisa won number one, again. She was so happy and instead of her fans who were supposed to cheer and clap, they booed at her.

Mino was pissed and he was on the verge to throw the trophy at their faces. However, he was more disappointed at some of the new rookie idols who stood there and sniggered behind Lisa.

Mino was holding back on wanting to punch them, instead he stored these, new an unappreciative idol’s, who showed no respect. He stored their faces for memory, so he could tear their supposed idol fantasy to shreds.

They didn’t even know what was coming for them.

But what surprised him and everyone there was the fact that The Great Min Yoongi, walked up on stage, like it was the most normal thing ever, only except he looked ready to murder everyone there. He grabbed Lisa’s hand, and before he could say anything rude like Mino knew he would.

Lisa shook her head, she smiled, holding the mic close to her as she spoke.

“Thank you, thank you for being you, for showing me that, I’m not the only one who’s insecure, but unlike you, I won’t show it by hurting people. What use would that do, you can say mean words all you want, you can even throw eggs to make yourself feel better, but at the end of it all, Min Yoongi will still be mine. Nothing you say or do will change that; I love my Moon.”

“So, boo me all you want, but don’t waste your money and time by coming here early in the morning, waiting in line, buying tickets just to see me. Do that behind your computer screens, I’ll try and make sure that I get around to seeing your comments… but I’ll be, too happy to notice.” Lisa said,

She smiled, bowing toward the crowd, who were shocked into silence, but before she handed the mic back to the MC, she looked at the crowd and smirked,

“I forgot to thank my sisters, my family, and friends, I love you, to all my BLINKS, I love you more, and to my fiancé, I’ll love you forever,” Lisa said squeezing Yoongis hand, who smiled at her.

“I’d love to do my encore but seeing as I’m being booed off, maybe these new rookies would like to give it a shot, you guys seem to be in sync with each other.”

Yoongi suddenly laughed before pulling Lisa away with him and off the stage, leaving all those who sniggered, hiding behind their hands.

Mino chuckled, clapping his hands, “Mic Drop” he yelled before dropping his mic and following after the couple.

Of course, they were all expecting a huge growling from Sajangnim only he was too happy to even growl them, all he could do was stare at Lisa with such proudness.

Mino didn’t care because that was the greatest moment for him during his idol career, even winning songwriter of the year could not compare, this was by far the best because he saw his Lali grow into a strong, sarcastic, and beautiful woman…

Who was he kidding, winning songwriter of the year was the best thing to ever happen to him, but this definitely was a close second for him.

Mino smiled looking at Yoongi before he stood up so fast that all the staff was shocked, not because he stood up so fast but because it looked like he was going to make a stand, something they thought would never happen.

“YAH!” Mino yelled shocking everyone as he stood in front of Yoongi, who looked unfazed.

Until Mino opened his mouth and said something that had all the staff in there shaking their heads in disappointment and looking away in embarrassment.

“Hyung” Mino said, in the cutest voice that he knew no one could avoid, he grabbed Yoongi’s arm and swung it back and forth before leaning his head against Yoongi’s shoulder.

Yoongi cringed, looking over at Lisa, who was trying to hold in her laugh.

Mino smiled, “Bianhe, I forgot about doing my make-up because my face is…”

Mino tapped his face with his fingers and batted his eyelashes, “Nomu Yeoppo”

The room was in complete silence as everyone stared at the two.

Lisa was the first to crack, throwing her head back, as everyone joined in.

Yoongi pushed Mino away, who stumbled back on his own feet, “Hyung” Mino cried out, shaking his shoulder, Yoongi glared at him.

“I’m not your Hyung! We were born in the same year,” Yoongi growled, desperately wanting to strangle Mino by his throat,

“Chingu,”

Lisa was now on the floor, clutching on to her stomach.

“Yah! Lisa!” Yoongi yelled running to her side and helping her up.

“Oppa,” Lisa cried out laughing at Mino, who winked at Lisa before walking back to the couch, he sat down next to his manager who was covering his face,

“You’d think that you lived in America with how comfortable you are with skinship” his manager mumbled.

Mino chuckled, shrugging his shoulder.

Lisa smiled at Yoongi, squeezing his hand, “Relax, you’re so uptight” Lisa said pulling Yoongi down and kissing him on his cheeks.

“This is my goodbye stage. I’m happy that it’s ending, and I’m sad that it is, sad, that I won’t get to see much of my manly Yoongi” Lisa giggled,

Yoongi rolled his eyes, “Are you going to go watch Kook’s performance?” Lisa asked,

Yoongi nodded, touching Lisa’s exposed forehead, Lisa laughed slapping his hand away, Yoongi smiled, grabbing her hand and kissing the tips of her fingers.

The two didn’t notice that everyone in the room was staring at them in complete awe, as much as the staff hated how much of a headache it was to have Yoongi there, controlling everything. They loved how happy Lisa was, seeing her smile… they couldn’t be happier, after watching her grow right in front of their eyes and seeing her in love and having it play out in front of them, was truly a gift.