CHAPTER FOURTEEN – SHE MISSES HIM

Simple Things

 

“You’re a dead man” Namjoon snickered looking down at his phone who was probably checking all the articles that have already hit the net.

After the conference, well, after I spoke, we went straight into the van and left the place as fast as we could because we left the site in complete chaos. Well. I left the place in complete chaos.

Greatest comeback moment ever.

“I don't mind,” I said. staring out the window at the cars driving past, lights filled the streets as people casually walked by.

“Fine, then when you do die, I will take responsibility and I will look after Lisa,” Namjoon smirked who was still scrolling through his phone.

I stared at him unfazed by his lame attempt at a joke,

He laughed putting both hands up in surrender as he stared at me, “Jokes, but seriously I didn't think you were going to do it” he said.

I smirked staring out of the window again to see a couple walking in the streets, as the girl leaned her head against his shoulder.

“I didn't think so either,” I said smiling at the couple.

“Whatever happens,” Namjoon said

I turned to look back at him.

“I have your back all the way” he smiled

You should, it was your idea, I stared at him, and he was looking down at his phone, then he started laughing.

I stared at him confused wondering why he laughed so suddenly, till he showed me his phone of an image of me in an astronaut suit, with the heading over it, that read.

“Lost in space”

And so, it begins.

~~~~~~~

We finally arrived at Bighit only to see the place packed with fans and reporters, more than what we had our conference.

!

Namjoon and I looked at each other when we heard Sejin Hyung sigh, then he glanced back at us, his glare solely directed at me.

“This is why the announcement was scheduled in two months,” Sejin Hyung frowned, while Namjoon laughed.

“Hyung,” Namjoon called out “Just think of it as one less job for you to worry about,” he said.

Sejin Hyung frowned “One less job gained me a thousand more,” he said pointing towards our fans, some were screaming, and some were obviously crying.

Namjoon stared at me shaking his head.

“Why couldn't you talk about, how passionate you were about music”

“What happened to you having my back” I laughed, as he shrugged his shoulders

I shook my head at him and looked outside at the crowd.

“Besides, my passion is Lisa” I smirked.

Sejin Hyung groaned, “Well Romeo, you ready to drink your poison,” Sejin Hyung said shaking his head before taking a deep breath, his head resting on the steering wheel.

Then he got out and the crowd went crazy.

I looked at Namjoon who was smiling “O Romeo, Romeo! Wherefore art thou Romeo?” he said clutching his chest.

Such a drama queen.

The doors to the van suddenly opened and Namjoon was the first react, he smirked before he climbed out, and I followed after him.

Deep breaths.

All I could hear was screaming and yells from the reporters and the flashes of their cameras, which were making it hard to see.

I could see our fans falling over each other, hurting themselves, trying to get as close as they can and pushing the bodyguards away who were not only trying to keep us safe but was also trying to keep our fans safe.

“Please step aside,” The security guards called out trying to make room for me and Namjoon to pass through.

 

“Stay away from her Oppa! she doesn't deserve you!”

“Please, don't get married!”

“Congratulations!”

“Oppa! We love you!”

“Oppa! Marry me!”

“Yoongi Oppa! You can be my moon!”

 

Namjoon glanced back at me, and he was trying to hold his laughter in, so I shoved him forward to keep moving, and throughout the whole chaos, all I could hear was his laugh.

“We will protect you and Lisa!”

I glanced back at one of the ARMY fans, who called out to see her waving two lights sticks.

The ARMY BOMB and The BLINK HAMMER. Cute.

We finally made it into the building where it was safe to say this was home.

I could still hear Namjoon laughing, he was now standing beside me clutching my shoulders tightly as he stood over me.

“I didn't think I'd miss that, but I do… so much” Namjoon laughed

Before I could reply, I was pulled into a tight hug by two very tall Maknae’s.

“You guys missed me that much” I laughed, hugging them back,

“We only missed your nagging” Jimin called out who came and joined in on the hug, that I was now trying to escape from when Jungkook and Taehyung were both cutting off my circulation.

“What about me,” Namjoon called out from beside me, and just like that, I was forgotten.

Thank you.

I looked up to see Jin walking towards me, we shook hands and he pulled me into a hug.

“You are one brave soldier,” he said, as he stepped back smirking and I know he wasn't talking about my military service.

“Yeah Hyung, we saw your conference. You the man” Jimin said.

Taehyung and Jungkook both nodded but I was too busy staring at Namjoon who was still laughing.

I ignored him as Jin steered me towards the elevator when Bang Hyung walked out.

“You really know how to make an entrance,” Bang Hyung said shaking his head.

“Why couldn't you be more like Namjoon” he laughed walking towards us and patted me on the shoulder.

“You did good,” he added

He then walked over to Namjoon and pulled him into a tight hug.

“You two are not allowed to ever go away again,” he said glancing at the Maknaes as he shook his head in disappointment before we all laughed.

The Maknaes without supervision is a dangerous combination.

“You made a lot of enemies today” Bang Hyung laughed “You just told the world that the number one most beautiful face in the world is officially taken,”

I stared at him confused.

“That's right,” Taehyung said out loud “It was just announced yesterday and to think you are actually engaged to the most beautiful girl in the world,”

I smirked “I knew that I didn't need a magazine to tell me,”

It was a fact.

“Cringe,” Jungkook teased

“Aren't you worried?” Jimin asked.

“Why should I be worried?” I asked

“Because many guys that are better looking than you are constantly asking her out, you should be worried,” Jimin said, “Shouldn't you…” he added.

“No” I smirked as they all stared at me.

“I'm SUGA,” I said, only to be left in complete silence.

“I'm hungry,” Namjoon said as everyone nodded along, and they all walked towards the back entrance.

I stood there staring after them.

“Nice to know I'm still loved” I called out

“For now, I don't think she knows yet” Jungkook called back.

“When Lisa finds out I'll make sure you have the greatest funeral ever” Taehyung joined in on the teasing,

“You mean when Jisoo or Jennie find out,” Namjoon added, and everyone agreed.

I frowned as they still walked further away from me.

“Besides you’re not swag, anymore, you’re… the moon,” Jimin said laughing out loud. Along with everyone else.

“Moon!” Jungkook repeated, throwing his head back laughing

How dare he! I'm the definition of swag! I am swag!

“Yah!” I called out when all of them walked off. I frowned shaking my head and walking after them.

I can't believe I'm starting to miss the military.

 

———————

Breaking News.

BTS members, Kim Namjoon and Min Yoongi have officially finished their military service, where they held a special conference.

BTS leader, Kim Namjoon, a.k.a. RM. He expressed his passion to get right back into music, which was expected of a great composer and leader, but it was the words of member Min Yoongi, a.k.a SUGA, who has left the K-pop industry in shock.

Min Yoongi, 28 has just announced that he is officially off the market and is currently engaged to Blackpink member and Maknae who has taken the music world by storm with her recent 1st solo album that is currently number one and is still climbing in sales.

Lalisa Manoban.

The two groups are very close, as fans are still mourning over BTS eldest member Kim Seok Jin and Blackpink eldest member Kim Jisoo, who both married last year in a private ceremony.

So, the two are no strangers to each other and according to a source, the two have been dating for a while.

The two had met through a mutual friend, who is still close friends with the two.

Keeping their relationship, a secret has been tough on the two, yet the two have found common ground, their passion for music and performing.

What seems to be more shocking than the announcement, is that both agencies have confirmed that the two were indeed dating and are now engaged and they are happy for the couple.

Their confirmation came 20 minutes after BTS member Yoongi's announcement.

Many hearts are breaking tonight as Min Yoongi expressed his feelings in the most romantic way to Blackpink member Lalisa Manoban, who was also announced as the number 1 most beautiful faces in the world. Hearts are truly breaking tonight. All I can say is that I am truly happy for the couple and truly hope the best for the two.

A video of Yoongi during his conference was released and has already gained 7 million views in the past 6 hours both army and Blinks are seen with mixed emotions.

Please give us your comments on the current video that is taking the nation by storm.

———————

“The first thing I'm going to do,” Yoongi said,

He glanced over at Namjoon who was smiling and shaking his head.

Yoongi smiled “First of all, I would like to thank, my brothers who have stood by me throughout our years together, through our ups and downs. We have supported each other, and we have trusted each other. Secondly to ARMY without you, there wouldn't be an us and my brothers and I are honoured and truly blessed by your support, that you have stood by us even when we had nothing. Thank you.”

Fans were screaming and shouting encouraging words at him as he stood there quietly waiting for the screams to quiet down so he could continue, while cameras were flashing at every second.

“However, I would like to apologize, you see…” Yoongi started, as everyone went quiet,

“I haven't been completely honest, and I hope that with this confession, with this acknowledgment, with however you want to perceive it, that you send your hate and anger towards me, and only me and not to my brothers or family and…” Yoongi looked over at Namjoon again who was smiling and he slowly nodded.

“Definitely not towards my Fiancé…” Yoongi spoke glancing at all the cameras with his signature gummy smile that was plastered on his face.

“…Lalisa Manoban,”

Everyone was in complete silence not knowing what to do, or say, but to stare at Yoongi who was still smiling.

“Do you mean Blackpink's maknae, Lisa?” A reporter asked breaking the silence

Yoongi smiled “Yes, Lisa from Blackpink, my Fiancé who I have loved from the moment I met her but what people need to understand is that the reason I fell in love with her, was simple, she makes me smile, she makes me happy,” he smiled staring at nothing in particular.

“It's her laugh and her smile… it’s everything about her,” he said smiling at the camera.

“I need you all to understand that, she’s my star… and I am her moon.”

Namjoon stood to the side covering his mouth and trying to hold back his laugh while staring at Yoongi who was in his own world.

“I love you Lalisa Manoban and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life loving you” He smiled then he bowed and walked towards the van with Namjoon following after him and laughing.

———————

 

I was finally home, after a much needed catch up over drinks and barbequed meat, and everyone still constantly teasing me, but right now, all I need is a good rest, and all I really want, is to see my girl.

Lisa was currently busy at a music show which I was proud of, my girls making money, achieving her dream, but that was 3 hours ago, and she still wasn't replying to any of my texts or answering any of my calls.

I walked into my apartment, to see the place filled with flowers, banners, and gifts, which were situated all over the apartment.

“How the do I walk through this ,” I laughed,

“You just walk through, and try not to knock anything over”

I looked up when I heard that voice. I smiled, there stood the love of my life, leaning against the walkway towards the kitchen.

Her arms folded across her chest, she stood there, wearing black pyjama shorts with a matching button up shirt and she looked as if she had just finished having a shower.

Her hair tousled to the side, her long legs exposed, and the top two buttons of her shirt left open.

ing Beautiful.

I smirked “Really,” I said closing the door behind me and placing my bag on the ground.

She smiled “Really,” she said, “By the way, I saw your interview… and so did half of the world, could you be any cheesy”

I laughed carefully making my way through the flowers and gifts watching where I stepped.

“Only for you,” I said

She laughed shaking her head, “Well, funny story, you see after your interview, and I had just won my sixth trophy—”

“Congratulations,” I said, and she smiled.

I stopped, bending down to break off a white orchid and I stared up at her, to see her smiling.

“Thank you,” she said “Well, anyways as I was saying. Once I received my trophy, I said my speech, did my encore, which I loved. I quickly walked off the stage because I was dying to see someone, obviously” she smiled.

“Obviously” I repeated “He must’ve been someone really important,” I said stepping over a big red box, that was wrapped neatly,

Lisa nodded, “He is, only I couldn't see him, straight away like how I wanted too.” she frowned.

“And why is that,” I asked nearly knocking over a vase of baby's breath.

She smiled “Because of the romantic idiot that he is,” she said, “he just couldn't wait…”

“Could you!”

I smiled at her, shaking my head, her hands moved down to rest on her hips.

“No, you couldn't. So, I was put on lockdown, my phone was taken off me and I had to stay in my apartment but lucky for me Jisoo-unnie loves me,” she said.

I nodded listening to every word until I finally stood in front of her.

“Then when I thought I would get to see you, you were already out… having fun,” she said stepping closer to me when I handed the flower over to her.

“You could’ve joined us.”

She shook her head, “Remember, bromance,” she said,

Then she laughed, taking the flower from my hand before she jumped into my open arms as I held her close, my fingers already combing through her black hair.

“So, I'm your star and you're my moon, well my not so pale moon,” she laughed.

I groaned, kissing the top of her forehead.

I don't think anyone's going to let that down. I studied philosophy and that was the best I could come up with. Laozi would be disappointed in me.

We stood there for a while just breathing each other in, then she leaned back, cupping my face.

I smiled at her, “ your beautiful”

She laughed at my words as her fingers traced my face. My hands moved down towards her hips, then I lifted her up as her legs wrapped themselves around me.

I looked up at her admiring her beauty.

How?

I spun her around with her head falling back as she laughed.

I love her laugh.

I stopped looking up at her with her hair covering us like a curtain.

She leaned forward kissing every inch of my face.

“Do you want to know something” she whispered leaning back she stared at me with so much love that I felt like I was floating.

I nodded holding her up with one arm as I tucked her hair behind her ear letting my hand rest on her neck

“I love you,”

I pulled her down kissing her as she giggled into our kiss as she held my face close to hers.

“I love you more” I whispered against her lips, and she giggled, pulling back, her cheeks already red.

“You hungry?” she asked.

I shook my head walking back towards the couch not caring that I was knocking over flowers and gifts.

Once I reached the couch, I fell back holding Lisa close in my arms. She moved back, with her legs on either side as she sat on my lap.

I stared up at her, touching her hair, she sat on top of me as she kept touching my face memorizing every single detail.

I leaned into her hands, closing my eyes.

“Are you tired?” she whispered.

I felt myself nod hearing her speak, then I felt her move, but I quickly grabbed her pulling her closer as my arms wrapped around her hugging her close to me and I felt her arms go around my head to hold me close.

“I thought you were tired,” she said kissing my forehead.

“I am but I didn't say you could leave,” I whispered, I smiled when she laughed.

“Arraso,” she softly spoke.

“Whatever happens tomorrow, we'll face it together”

Was the last thing I heard from her as I slowly drifted off to sleep not caring that the lights were still on, or that I was sitting in an uncomfortable position, or that I was not in my bed. None of that mattered because all that mattered to me right now, was that my love was wrapped in my arms and I was holding her close, and I was never letting go.

I’m home.

 

------------------------------

 

(Authors P.O.V.)

“How excited are you?”

Lisa looked up from her phone, Jungkook was staring at her, then he looked at Bambam who was staring at Lisa whose cheek was suddenly going red.

“About my album that’s about to be released, or that Yoongi comes back in a few weeks?” Lisa asked, putting her phone down after sending a text to Chae, asking if she could bring back some snacks for her, from Thailand.

“Both, I guess,” Jungkook said taking a big bite from his burger.

Lisa thought about it before she smiled, “Very excited, I’ve worked endlessly on my solo album, with the help of Teddy-oppa, Mino-oppa, Bobby-oppa, and Jaewon-oppa and then Yoongi will be back and…” Lisa stopped because her cheeks were hurting from how big her smile was getting.

“Yeah, yeah, you're in love, we get” Bambam said,

Lisa and Jungkook looked at each other and laughed, knowing why Bambam was in a sour mood.

Lisa had found out that it was, Mina, the one who happened to be the not so mysterious girlfriend when Lisa found Bambam and Mina texts. When he left his phone on her bed, locked with a password that she already knew,

But then they broke up, then got back together, then broke up and now Mina was currently dating her first love. Who nobody knew, other than he was Japanese and that they use to date.

“Bam, you're a great guy… to girls who don’t know you any better”

Jungkook snickered, looking at Lisa who carried on talking,

“But I also know how much you loved her, and Kook and I have been there for you, through the breaks up and I’m proud how far you have come along,” Lisa said, reaching for Bambam’s hand.

Bambam didn’t know whether he should tell them that he has officially moved on from Mina, the moment he saw Mina look at her first love… it was the same look that Lisa had every time she looked at Yoongi Hyung.

He moved on, and as hard as it was, he did. To an actress who he met a week ago at an art exhibition that Jackson had dragged him too and she was different and she made him laugh but he didn’t want to jump straight into it, so he stayed quiet, refusing to say anything to the two that sat opposite him.

“Yeah… sure,” Bambam said looking back down at his plate of food.

Lisa smiled then looked at the two and grabbed her bag and pulled out two neatly wrapped presents in a yellow wrapper, with a purple bow. She placed it in front of the two.

Jungkook and Bambam looked at each other before looking back at Lisa.

“Open it,” Lisa said, clapping her hand together, Jungkook and Bambam looked at each other before opening their presents and both were shocked to see what Lisa had given them.

“Are we the first to receive—”

“No, my parents are” Lisa laughed, looking at Bambam

“Then the sec—”

“My members, and managers”

“At least thir—”

“Mino-oppa, Teddy-oppa, everyone who helped me with my album,”

“Bam, shut up,” Jungkook said,

“Thanks, L,” Jungkook said, laughing at Bambam who was glaring at Lisa,

Bambam sighed “No offence Pok, but we should have been first, we’re your friends and we—”

“Thanks, Kook,” Lisa said, smiling at Jungkook who was already opening her album to look at what was inside,

Bambam glared at the two, “Well, at least we saw it before Yoongi Hyung”

Lisa laughed shaking her head, “You are too much Bam,” she smiled going back to eating her food.

Jungkook smiled, he was happy for her, he knew how much she wanted this, he smiled at all the songs on the album, that were already going to be a hit, he could already see her getting trophies.

“Lisa there’s something we want to tell you,” Jungkook said, and he looked at Bambam who nodded,

Lisa stared at the two confused but nodded for the two to continue, as long as she has known the two, seeing them this serious always made her want to laugh but she also knew that they would both get angry and back out from saying anything.

“You are engaged,” Bambam said

Lisa laughed “I guess I am” she said shaking her head at him as she watched Jungkook flick Bambam on the head, then Jungkook looked at her.

“What we mean, is you're getting married, and soon you will be busy, and you might not have time to spend with us, and we’ll—”

Jungkook stopped talking when Lisa started laughing,

“I’m not going to leave you guys, you know that right,” she said smiling at the two,

Bambam nodded, “We know, out of the three of us, you're the clingiest,” he said and Jungkook nodded,

Lisa shrugged her shoulders, she couldn’t help it, she was the eldest, so she put it on herself to protect the two, even if they didn’t need protection… sometimes.

“Then what are we—” Lisa frowned at Bambam when he spoke,

“One day, or a few days, we might be busy and…”                      

Lisa gasped “Are you breaking up with me?” she said, holding her chest in shock, Jungkook laughed and Bambam rolled his eyes.

Lisa smirked, “I know Bam, we all have lives, and I won’t hold it against you when you suddenly stop showing yourself in front of me, I’ll be happy, but I will be there for you, both of you. Bam, we met because of our mothers, but we bonded over our passion for dancing, and we stayed friends for each other,”

Bambam smiled wiping a fake tear from his eyes, Lisa laughed, then she looked at Jungkook,

“Kook, when we first met, you thought I was a guy, and I hated you because you destroyed me in bowling, which started our competitive rivalry against each other, which made us rely on each other and I’m grateful to have you in my life… I love you both,” Lisa said, smiling at Jungkook who was wiping fake tears from his eyes as well.

The three stared at each other before they all broke out in laughter.

They sat there talking and reminiscing all the memories they shared and the times they spent together.

“You guys started without me… again!”

The three of them stopped talking and looked at the entrance to see Yugyeom, standing there glaring at the three.

Lisa smiled, “Late as ever,” she said pulling out another wrapped gift from her bag.

“Is that for me?” Yugyeom asked, Lisa shook her head,

“Ani, I want you to give it to Tzuyu and have her listen to track 3, it’s called ‘Are you sure he’s the one’”

Yugyeom frowned and flipped her off, Lisa only laughed along with Jungkook and Bambam, Yugyeom walked over and snatched the gift from Lisa and sat down to see a plate of his favourite, creamy chicken pasta, a bowl of fries, and garlic bread. Yugyeom looked at Lisa and smiled, knowing she would be the only one who would order his food for him.

“I know how much you hate waiting for your food to come, so, I ordered for you and told them to serve it twenty minutes after our dish, it’s still hot.”

Yugyeom couldn’t help but feel guilty as he smiled at Lisa, “I’m sorry I flipped you off” he said.

Lisa smiled, “I’m sorry… that Tzuyu is too good for you”

Jungkook and Bambam laughed except Yugyeom who shook his head,

“Can’t believe I almost felt guilty” He mumbled to himself, then he smiled at Lisa, “Tzuyu says Hi,” he said.

“Eat your food Yugi bear, before it gets cold,” Lisa said, smiling at the three who were currently talking about a new game that was just released.

 

------------------------------