CHAPTER EIGHTEEN – SHE SEES ONLY HIM

Simple Things

 

“Hey,” I walked into the lounge to see Lisa sprawled out on the carpet in the middle of the lounge, with books and magazines surrounding her.

“What are you doing?” I asked, sitting at the edge of the couch.

She looked up at me and frowned, her hair all over the place, no makeup on, with drool on the side of , her eyes were bloodshot red, and she looked as if she hadn't slept in days.

When I’m sure that I left her alone, four hours ago and she looked completely fine, she looked like sleeping beauty.

What the hell happened in between for her to turn into the beast.

“You're back,” she groaned in disappointment before falling back against the floor.

I laughed “Nice to see you too,” I said, watching her lay there in her mess that she had created when she suddenly sat up surprising me.

Lisa sighed “Why is this so hard?” she asked,

I stared at her when she suddenly pulled a magazine out from the mess and threw it at me. I caught it in time before it could even hit my face,

, her throws have gotten stronger.

I stared at the magazine cover. 'Bouquets - The Brides choice'

So, this is why she's like this.

I laughed, “What happened to the selection you had already planned?”

She frowned, “This is not funny, this is serious. I woke up to find my phone under the bed, turned off with 23 missed calls, only to find out that the pink roses I had specifically ordered are apparently being shipped off to Japan because they got the shipping details wrong. So now, I have to try and find 100 pink roses in the next 3 days because the organizers need them for the setup, and Sora, our wedding planner is in Thailand getting the decorations that I specifically asked for, so I can't get a hold of her and the wedding is in 5 days, and tomorrow our families are arriving and the hotel they were supposed to be staying at suddenly said they were booked out because they got our dates wrong and I can't find a hotel in this short period of time and oh my god, I hate you for leaving me alone and did I mention our wedding is next week.” she finally breathed.

She frowned, “I didn't think marrying you would be so hard” she added,

I laughed as I stood up walking towards her, I held my hands out for her and I smiled when she grabbed hold of my hands. I pulled her up as she stood in front of me.

I smiled “Marrying me is easy, marrying you on the other hand…” she pouted, “Is hard work.” I said, kissing her forehead.

“What are we going to do?” she asked, I smiled trapping her in my arms.

“First we're going to take a shower, because you need it, and then we’re going to have in the shower—”

I laughed when she punched my shoulder as she tried pulling out of my hold.

She frowned “Not helping,” she said

I smiled, she’s so cute, “Fine will have after we show—”

“YAH!” Lisa yelled, her cheeks turning red.

This girl and her innocent acts, she fools no one but herself.

“Fine after we shower and let's be honest, is bound to happen when we're both —”

“I'll shower by myself,” she growled,

I smirked, “Now that's just wasting water,” I said, I could see that she was trying to hold back her laugh before she shook her head.

“Yoongi,” she groaned when she realized I was trying to distract her from thinking too much like she always does.

I laughed “There’s a reason I turned your phone off and hid it under the bed wrapped in my shirt and yet, you still managed to find it,” I laughed as she stared at me.

“Right, I did wait, that’s—”

I smiled combing her hair back and tucking a loose strand of hair, behind her ear.

“I told you that nothing was going to stop me from marrying you and nothing will,” I smiled at her.

“The florist called me earlier this morning and informed me of their mishap. So, I called in a favour and I had managed to get the ship to turn around and your 100 pink roses are safe. Then, I told Sora that there will be a delay with the roses” I said combing her hair back.

“The organizers are okay with it, and Sora is flying back today, which is why you couldn't get a hold of her. The hotel is taken care of. A staff member had gotten the details wrong and everything was sorted out, so our families are—Yah! Why are you crying?” I laughed watching as tears started streaming down her face.

“I said I hate you,” she cried, carelessly wiping at her tears and moving her hair away from her face.

I laughed “I know, and I love you,” I said, laughing when her tears were continuously streaming down her cheeks.

“Now, how about that shower,” I said as she slowly nodded her head.

I pulled her into a hug, kissing the top of her head “That's my girl,” I whispered as she cried into my chest.

“We… we-can… we can have… have-,” she mumbled,

I laughed “, I love you so much”,

“Come, let's go get you cleaned up,” I said turning her around, hugging her from behind and leading her towards the bathroom. I smiled when I felt her relax in my arms.

“Yoongi,” she whispered

“Hn,”

“I love you,” she said,

I smiled kissing the back of her head “Lisa,”

“Yeah?” she said holding on to my arm,

“I love you.”

~~~~~~~

What was supposed to be a quick shower, ended up being a relaxing bubble bath, a long and relaxing bubble bath.

I smiled feeling her back pressed against my chest.

I watched her play with the bubbles. She would giggle every time she blew the bubbles from her hands.

“Lisa,”

“Hmm” she smiled, turning to face me her hair was up in a bun, her bangs barely covering her forehead and her skin was completely covered in bubbles.

“Why me?” I asked,

She stared at me confused, then her eyes lit up. She turned to face me, making a mess when she moved. Water splashed out of the tub and on to the floor. I laughed when she tried to grab hold of my shoulders, but the bubbles were making it difficult for her. I smiled up at her when she laughed, but she finally managed to balance herself, with her knees on either side of me as she finally sat comfortably in my lap.

“I told you we should get a bigger bathtub,” she laughed

I shook my head, “The smaller it is, the better” I smirked.

She smirked “That's what he thought”

I laughed, shaking my head at her before grabbing hold of her hips and pulling her closer, with her hands holding on to my shoulder.

“You really need to find new friends, that 97 liners are a bad influence on you,” I said

She laughed, “You mean Bambam and Kookie are a bad influence,” she said, and I nodded.

Lisa and Jungkook together are bad, now add Bambam and that is a whole other crazy that no one can deal with.

I stared up at her and she leaned forward, her fingers combing through my wet hair.

“Why me?” I asked, staring at her pouty lips, those lips, I would kiss those lips every day, her lips against mine was—

“Why you?” she said, pulling back as she stared down at me, her fingers still combing through my hair.

“I mean, you're right. Why you? I could have anyone I want, I'm the most beautiful girl in the world—”

“I don't know, the world hasn't seen you with a chocolate-stained mouth, or your hair looking like it went through a snowstorm,” I said, and she laughed

“Not only am I beautiful, but I'd also taste like chocolate, and I could survive a snowstorm” she smirked leaning forward.

I laughed at her, flipping her imaginary hair back.

“Why you, Min Yoongi?” she whispered leaning forward and capturing my lips, “I guess you'll just have to wait until we get married” she laughed.

I squeezed her hips and laughed when she squealed, thrashing back, trying to get out of my grasp.

“Fine, I'll tell you but I'm not telling you when we're , you’re just naturally good looking that I might attack you any minute now” she smirked

“By all means, Ms. Manoban, please do” I winked,

Her laugh was the last thing I heard before she literally attacked me with her lips.

was bound to happen if we're both .

~~~~~~~

“That- that was- that was so… amazing” she breathed out, her head resting against my shoulder.

I nodded, trying to control my breathing with my hands gripping her thighs tightly before moving them up towards her back.

Nothing could ever make me this exhausted and satisfied at the same time.

“This… this is one of the reasons why…” she whispered, and I could feel her smirking.

“ with you is amazing,” she whispered, “And nothing about you is small,” she said, kissing the side of my neck,

Then I felt her shiver in my arms, that’s when I realized that half the bathwater was on the floor, leaving her back completely exposed.

I pulled her close “Hold on to me,” I whispered,

I could feel her nod as I held her close, grabbing on to the tub, I stood up with her legs immediately wrapping around my waist as more water splashed out of the tub. I held on to her thighs and I could feel her shiver.

I looked down at the bathroom floor and laughed, thank god I listened to Namjoon and installed Vinyl tiles.

It really helps in these types of situations.

I stepped out reaching for a towel and pulling it off the rail. I walked over to the bench, placing Lisa on top of it, her arms still holding onto me.

“I need to dry you up,” I whispered as she shook her head, refusing to let go.

I shook my head throwing the towel over her shoulders and patting her down, but she still wasn't budging.

I cupped her face smiling at her pouted lips.

“I need to dry you up, I don't want you getting sick,” I said, she stared at me for a while before she leaned forward and kissed me.

“Another reason why,” she smiled.

“You take care of me, you always have, without asking or taking credit, you just do and that is more than I can ask for,” she smiled her hands resting on my shoulders.

How is it possible for her to be more beautiful.

I laughed when she shivered, rubbing her arms.

“Okay, that's enough praising me, you're getting cold,” I said, smiling when she giggled.

I stepped back and helped her down, wrapping the towel around her, securing it tightly. I quickly reached for another towel, wrapping it around my waist.

I smiled as she stood there watching my every move like a lost child.

Then she stared up at me her hands outstretched.

I laughed shaking my head, but I bent down as her hands automatically went over my shoulders and around my neck. My left arm going behind her shoulders, and my right arm going under her knees as I carried her to our room, holding her close to me.

I walked towards the bed and frowned when she refused to let go. Then she yawned leaning closer to me.

“You're going to get sick,” I said but she still wasn't moving.

“Fine, arms up,” I said and laughed when she giggled pulling me down and kissing me on the cheek, she quickly let go as I placed her on the ground and her towel immediately fell to the ground with her arms raised above her head.

This is what happens when Lalisa Manoban is lazy, she refuses to dress.

Not that I'm complaining, her body is ing beautiful and as she stood there in all her glory. All I could do is stare and appreciate what was soon to be mine and only mine.

“I think, I might get sick if you're just planning on staring” she laughed.

I smirked, “Can't help it, you're just naturally good looking.

I laughed walking over to the draw and pulling out one of my black sweatpants and my black t-shirt, walking back to my very and very confident fiancé.

My shirt fell just above her knees, she smiled before climbing on top of the bed before she sat down in the middle, tucking her legs underneath her.

Calm down,

“Do you remember, after we broke up” she whispered, watching me pull my black sweatpants on,

“Can't say I want to, but, yes,” I said, sitting at the edge of the bed only to be pulled backward, as I lay flat on my back. Her laugh was the only thing I could hear as she lay down next to me.

“I cried so much that Jisoo-unnie wanted to kill you,” she said

I think she still does; I also think she’s not the only one who wanted to kill me.

“Don't do that,” she said breaking me out of my thoughts.

“Do what?” I asked moving my arms under her head as she moved closer leaning against my shoulder.

“Overthink” she laughed “Besides it was years ago… and I'm telling the story,” she smiled “I would cover your mouth, but I can't be bothered,” she said, and I laughed.

Lazy Lalisa

I stared at her for a while before I nodded for her to continue.

My mouth completely sealed.

“I hated you, I hated everyone, but I hated myself more…” she whispered “…I hated myself for what I did to you”

I frowned “You didn't do anything—”

Lisa pulled away as she sat up “That's the thing I didn't do anything, you told me that you love me because I think of others, before myself,” she whispered.

“That night, I only thought of myself, I didn't even think about how it would affect my members or my family,” she said, her hand resting on top of my chest. “Or how it would affect you,”

“So, I cried, I cried more when I realized if I had to choose again, I would still choose you, not because you were my first love or I was young and naive, I would choose you because of how you make me feel, how you still make me feel,” she said.

“And then I saw the tabloids of you and your many suitors” she laughed, smoothing my hair down as she sat up,

“Lisa—”

She laughed, “Don't,” she said grabbing my hands and pulling me up as her right hand moved to cup my face, her palm resting against my cheek.

“I was there that night” she whispered I stared at her confused.

“That night in the studio, you were refusing to eat” I stared at her only for her to laugh.

“My poor old man”

I frowned, I’m really not a fan of that nickname.

“Jin-oppa and Joon-oppa, they both wanted to know why we broke up because Kookie was trying to murder you at every chance he had. So, I went, and I explained everything to them. In their eyes, you were painted as the bad guy but after listening to me, they both realized, that you were the hyung, they had always respected,” she smiled.

“I told all of them, that day at BigHit but what I didn't know at the time, was that you were in the studio, refusing to eat, sleep, basically refusing to be a normal human being”

 

------------------------------

 

(LISA P.O.V.)

I don't know why I was doing this, even standing outside this studio was bringing memories, memories I wanted to forget and at the same time, I don't want to forget.

I miss him.

What's taking them so long? why am I even here? I should have told them that I can just walk home. I knew the area really well, and I'm pretty good at hiding from fans… I think. But no, they persisted that I stay with them and that they would take me back to the dorms.

So, here I stand in the Bighit building and hoping no one would walk by and see me standing here looking lost. I walked closer to the studio to see that it was slightly open, and I could hear Joon oppas voice.

“Lisa told us,”

Wait who else is with them.

“She told us, she told us the whole thing, the real reason”

Kook? I peeked through the door and froze.

“Now what, you're here to apologize”

Yoongi.

I don't know what came over me but suddenly I couldn't breathe as I stared at him… he looked sick, he looked tired, he looked sad…

“Hyung we're sorry, but it's not like you were defending yourself,”

Tae oppa

“So, what. Is this your way of justifying yourself by putting the blame on me,” Yoongi growled

I wanted to step in and yell at Yoongi for yelling at s who were all trying to help him, but my feet couldn’t move or maybe I was just too scared to.

“No, we just didn't understand”

Jimin oppa

“So, you accuse me, because you didn’t understand, sounds about right,” Yoongi said

Jin oppa suddenly stepped towards Yoongi, “You loved-”

“Love,”

Love? Love!

I wanted to laugh, I wanted to cry, I wanted to scream, I wanted to yell, I wanted to yell at him, to scream at him in anger.

“I still love her”

I hate you Min Yoongi.

“Is that why you're seen with a new girl every week”

I pulled back leaning against the wall trying to control my breathing.

If you still love me, then why? Why were you always seen with a new girl every night? Did you even care about me, about what I thought? How much it was killing me, knowing that what we had meant nothing to you.

Did I mean nothing to you?

“Yes, no, who knows” Yoongi whispered.

I hate you so much.

“Why are you putting yourself through this. You both love each other. I don't understand why it's so hard—”

“That's why because you don't understand,” Yoongi said interrupting Hobi oppa

“Then help us understand,” Kook said,

I turned towards the door, and I could see Kook leaning against the wall, and if he were to turn his head to the left then he would see me.

I felt as if this was wrong as if this was a personal matter between them as members as brothers.

I have watched them go through so many hardships that it hurt me knowing that this was tearing them. That I was tearing them.

They did everything together and I loved their brotherhood. I would sometimes feel jealous of their brotherhood because they could look at each other and already know what the other was thinking and I wanted that with my members.

I wanted what they had, I love my members, I love them like my family, they are my sisters but sometimes I felt scared of telling them things, I was scared they wouldn't understand, I was scared they would judge me, they’re all beautiful and talented and I, I was just a good dancer.

I was holding them back, What was I good for?

“Help us understand why you made your decision, stop leaving us in the dark.”

Kook.

I'm sorry Kook, I know how much he was hurting from this because after this I don't see how we could ever hang out, maybe in time we could, because I don’t want to lose his friendship.

He is the greatest friend anyone could ask for; we may fight a lot and disagree on many things, but I know that I would protect him as much he would protect me.

He loves his hyungs, so for him to feel this conflicted is killing him.

He respects Yoongi. He cares for Yoongi. They all do.

What Yoongi is doing to s, I was doing the same to mine, I was shutting them out and all they want to do is help me.

I'm sorry.

“You want to know why, why I told the person I love. To follow her dreams, is that, not reason enough,” Yoongi spoke.

Is it enough; is it enough for you to just want me, because I want you.

“I told her, to follow her dreams because I love her. She chose me and I said no, and every night I replay that scene in my head and every night, I say yes but I don't want to think about it, so I throw myself in anything… and anyone I can get my hands on because a moment I am left to think on my own, is a moment I'm scared that I might ruin everything.”

I hate you.

“I ed up, but I can’t take back what I said, and even if I could, I wouldn’t, I love watching her perform, I love seeing her on stage, I love.” His voice cracked,

I watched Kook move forward. I stepped closer to see what was happening, wiping at my tears. I watched Kook pull Yoongi into a hug.

“I'm sorry Hyung. I am.”

“I might hate your decision right now but in time, I will understand because you mean a lot to me hyung and all I want is for you to be happy… give it time and you will be and I will be right beside you, we all will…”

I watched as s surrounded him, I felt my eyes sting as more tears streamed down my face.

“I miss her so much” Yoongi cried out as he broke down in their arms.

I miss you too.

“She misses you too” I looked up to see Tae staring right at me.

 

------------------------------

 

Lisa smiled, “After Tae saw me, I ran and honestly I don't know how long I ran for. Until I ran out of tears, till my lungs finally collapsed on me. I ran and ran, and suddenly, I found myself in a pet shop” she said

“Leo,” I said, and she laughed nodding her head.

She laughed “The shop assistant thought I escaped from somewhere because my eyes were red, and I was trying to catch my breath,”

“I wasn't meant to get Leo but when I saw him, and when I pet him, he bit me. I laughed but I wanted him” she smiled “See while you went out to try and forget me—”

“I could never forget you,” I said interrupting her, she rolled her eyes, but her red cheeks gave everything away.

She smiled, “Well, I went out to try and find you,” she said.

I stared at her, “So, you found me in Leo,” I said

“Mmhmm” she nodded

“Your cat hates me,”

“You mean our cat and don't let Chae hear that I said our cat. Chae and I have shared custody, it's going to be a long battle…”

I really wonder sometimes.

“But lately Leo seems to be leaning more towards Chae, at least Luca still loves me besides Leo doesn't hate you,” she said

I stared at her wondering if we were referring to the same cat that scratched me the first time we met, that same cat that is not allowed in my apartment, that same cat that bit my pinkie so hard, that I couldn't use it for a whole week.

“Fine he doesn't like you, it's not his fault, that you refuse to bond with him,” she said.

That cat hates me, and I hate him, end of the story.

Besides, that stupid cat would leave bite marks on Lisa, when she should only have my marks on her, I was in her life first and… .

I can't believe I'm jealous of a cat.

“Why are we talking about Leo,” I snapped, and she laughed suddenly climbing onto my lap hugging me close.

“Because I get distracted easily and my brain tends to wander off a lot and I just miss Leo and Luca so much, and Chae is looking after them since they are not allowed to come here,” she said looking up at me as she pouted, I laughed at her and kissed her.

“Leo is still banned from coming here, Luca is okay all he does is sleep,” I said

She frowned, “You and Luca are too much alike,” she said, I laughed shaking my head.

“No, you and Luca are the same, the both of you sleep more than I do” I said, smiling when she shrugged her shoulders, she leaned into my neck and I could tell that she was getting tired.

“Before you decided to fall asleep, I need to ask you something,” I said,

I smiled when she nodded against my neck.

“How did you find your phone, without tearing the room apart?” I asked, my fingers combing through her hair,

Lisa has this habit of tearing the room apart trying to find something, or sometimes she forgets she was ever looking for something and still destroys the room,

She giggled, leaning back to face me. She had this huge smile on her face as if she did something bad and was trying to act all innocent about it.

“In the morning, I saw that you were already up, and you were already dressed, and you were on your phone, that you didn't notice I was awake. Then I watched you wrap something and then you bent down and then you left the room. I waited for nearly an hour—”

“You went back to sleep” I interrupted, and she pouted.

“Fine, I went back to sleep, but I woke up and remembered that you hid something under the bed and there was my phone…” she said looking away,

I stared at her for a while before I started to laugh.

“You thought I put a gift underneath the—”

“Please don't, do you know how disappointed I was to see my phone and I love my phone,” she frowned, I laughed as she leaned back into my neck and I hugged her close.

“Then… I saw all my missed calls and texts… that I forgot that you were the one who hid my phone…” she said yawning, “I told you I get… distarc—”

It didn’t take long for her to fall asleep in my arms, I smiled holding her close.

In five days, the girl who is sleeping in my arms is going to be my wife, and as much as I thought that it would scare me, it doesn’t. The closer it got to the wedding day, the more excited I was, the more that I wanted this to be real and true to my words, nothing is going to stop me from marrying Lalisa Manoban.