Temptations

The Intern

“I think we’re almost there.”

“Of course we are you idiot, look at all the houses around you.”

Jongin was right, they had to be in the right neighbourhood. They drove past the outer edge of the forest that was located just outside the city and there were big mansions everywhere.

“Thanks again, for driving me here.” Sehun really hated not having his own car, but luckily Jongin was always kind enough to drive him places.

“No problem man, can I ask you a favor in return though?”

“Yeah of course, what is it?”

“Well… You know how we’re supposed to have Christmas dinner together tomorrow? T-that you would cook for us?”

By the way Jongin was stuttering he already knew what he was going to say “Yeah…”

“Would you mind cancelling that? I know you already bought the ingredients and stuff but…”

“Let me guess, you wanna go eat dinner with Kyungsoo.”

“He was supposed to go to his parents in America.” Jongin said with a sad voice “but his flight ended up being cancelled because of the snow over there. I just don’t want him to be alone on Christmas.”

Sehun let out a sigh “You could’ve invited him to come to our place, there is enough food to share.”

“I know but… I don’t want you to feel like you’re the third wheel.”

Jongin had a point, he was probably going to feel like that. It wouldn’t have been such a problem if he could’ve gone to his parents, but since that day in high school where he brought a boy home he wasn’t welcome there anymore.

“Just be honest with me Sehun. If you want me to cancel with Kyungsoo I will.”

“No… no it’s fine.” If he had been in Jongin’s shoes he might’ve done the same, so he really couldn’t blame his friend. “I can save the food and we’ll have a late Christmas dinner next day.”

“Are you sure you don’t mind?”

“Nah it’s fine.” Sehun took a quick look down on his phone “the GPS says it’s the next house by the way.”

Jongin started driving a bit slower then they saw a big white mansion in the distance. “Guess that’s it.” As soon as he pulled into the driveway they were stopped by a security guard and Jongin lowered his window.

“Please hand me your ID’s so I can check if you’re names are on the guest list.”

“Ooh.. I-I’m not invited, just dropping of my friend who is.” Jongin said pointing to Sehun, who quickly pulled his ID out if his wallet and handed it to the security guard.

“Good evening Mr. Oh.” he said giving Sehun his ID back before facing Jongin again. “You can drive up to towards the front door and drop him off there.”

Jongin nodded towards the man and drove slowly closer to the house. “Jesus Sehun, why do I feel like I’m dropping you off on some sort of secret mission?”

“That might be my fault.” Sehun laughed “I might’ve overdone it a bit on the security, but everyone here is probably gonna be a millionaire or something.”

“And then there is you.”

“Then there is me…” Sehun had thought about not going tonight. When Baekhyun asked about it a few days ago he’d made up a quick excuse, saying the might need to attend some family stuff. But as soon as he saw Baekhyun’s disappointed face he just said that he didn’t want to go there anyways, that his boss’ party sounded more fun and he would come.

After driving down the long driveway they finally reached the big mansion. Jongin drove his car around the big fountain in front of the building and stopped right in front of the entrance.

“Give me a call when you wanna go home okay?”

“Nah it’s fine Jongin, I’ll get a taxi.

“You sure?” he nodded towards his friend “Alright, have fun.”

Sehun got out of the car and waved at Jongin one last time before walking towards the front door, and just as he wanted to ring the doorbell, the big wooden door opened by itself, revealing a smiling Baekhyun behind it.

“Sehun!” his boss immediately drew him in a hug and Sehun felt awkward, but he did lightly hug him back.

“You knew I was coming?” Sehun asked when Baekhyun released him from his grip.

“Yeah I saw you on the cameras. But come in quickly, I’ll introduce you to everyone.”

Sehun was kinda sad he didn’t have time to look around in the house after Baekhyun dragged him inside. It seemed massive from the outside and he was kinda curious if this was one of the houses you’d see on tv. The ones with like a private sauna, a movie theater, an arcade room, probably a personal fitness room. But after the entrance hall Baekhyun immediately took him to the living room where the rest of the guests were. As expected it was all very modern like the outside of the house. Almost everything was either white, grey or black aside from the christmas decorations that were placed all around the room. It didn’t surprise Sehun, Baekhyun’s office was the same. Really beautiful and everything brand new, but cold and very boring colour wise.

Sehun noticed a few heads turning and people whispering to each other as soon as they noticed Sehun next to his boss. These probably had read that one article too, he was still surprised Baekhyun hadn’t mentioned anything about it. Did he really not see or hear about it? Or was he keeping it silent for a reason?

“Sehun! Over here!”

Sehun wanted to follow Baekhyun towards the bar but when he saw Jongdae yelling at him from the couch he changed direction.

“Jongdae, I didn’t know you were invited.”

“He wasn’t.” Baekhyun had followed him and stood right behind him, hand placed on Sehun’s shoulder.

“I just whined my way in, always works with Baekhyun.” Jongdae said laughing “If you ever need something from him just whine.”      

“I bet Sehun’s doesn’t need to do anything to get what he wants from Baekhyun.” the guy next to Jongdae said. Sehun took a closer look and suddenly recognised him as Kim Minseok, the man Baekhyun had an appointment with in his first week.

“I’m not sure what you mean by that Mr Kim.”

But instead of Minseok, Baekhyun answered him, in a rather serious tone. “He means nothing by it, come on Sehun.”

He felt Baekhyun pull his shoulder backwards and Sehun turned around, following Baekhyun to the place they were originally headed to.

“So, what would you like to drink?”

They reached the other side of the living room and in the corner there was a huge bar. Sehun looked at all the filled shelves but didn’t see any liquor he recognised.

“Uhm… do you have something you recommend?”

“I actually do, wait here. It’s in my private cellar.” Baekhyun hurriedly walked off and Sehun awkwardly leaned against the bar waiting for him to return. He nervously looked around and people were still staring at him so he quickly looked down to his own feet to hide his slightly reddened face.

He felt really uncomfortable to just stand there alone, so despite Baekhyun telling him to wait here, he walked back to the couch where Jongdae and Minseok had been sitting earlier.

When he came up to the two he saw the were now joined by a third person, non other than Kim Junmyeon. As soon as the elder spotted Sehun, he tapped the empty spot next to him, motioning for him to sit down.

“So Baekhyun invited you too for tonight?” Junmyeon said as Sehun shyly sat down next to him.

“Uhm yeah, I was actually really surprised too.”

“I’m not.” Jongdae interrupted “Baekhyun is really fond of the kid.”

“Isn’t he always fond of his assistants?” Minseok laughed.

“Yeah but I think this one is special to him.” Junmyeon said with a smile and Jongdae almost spit out his drink laughing along with the other two.

Sehun was nervously rubbing his hands together while the others were just talking about him like he wasn’t there.

“Anyways we’re very happy you’re here tonight.” Junmyeon suddenly said, giving Sehun a little pat on the back.

“Thank you Mr. Kim.”

“Aah please just call me Junmyeon outside of work, I don’t even like the whole formal stuff at work. But can we maybe get you a drink?”

“You don’t have to, Mr. Byun is getting me something.”

“That guy get’s lost even in his own house, who knows how long that will take.” Jongdae said laughing and he grabbed a glass with some light brown liquor, holding it in front of Sehun. “Here, have something in the meantime.”

Sehun waved his hands in front of him, declining the drink that was offered to him.

“I can’t handle alcohol that well. I get very sleepy after a few drinks so it’s fine.”

“Your suit is very nice though.” Minseok said “Is it one of the ones Baekhyun got for you?”

Of course Sehun had to wear the red velvet suit for tonight, it was the one Baekhyun had loved the most and it was definitely Sehun’s favorite too. The only question was, how did Minseok know Baekhyun had bought this for him. “I-it is. How…”

“I read an article.” he answered “And looking at your face right now you know exactly what article I meant.”

Maybe Sehun did need a bit more alcohol than normally, or this else this could turn out a very long night...

 

“Where is he?”

Baekhyun would’ve prefered to stay around Sehun all night, but he was the host, he couldn’t be focussing just on one person all night, he needed to at least have a quick talk with all of his guests once. So he had no choice but to leave Sehun with his friends, something he really regretted doing right now.

“He said he wasn’t feeling that well so I gave him directions to one of your guests rooms and told him to lay down for a bit.” Jongdae said.

“Why? What happened?”

“We might’ve encouraged him a bit to drink more than he normally would.” Junmyeon said with a laugh.

Baekhyun let out a heavy sigh and angrily walked off in search for the younger. He would assume Jongdae had lead him to the nearest guest room which was either one of the two downstairs at the back of the house, but when he arrived there, there was no one to be seen.

He headed upstairs, where the other 2 guest rooms were located but again, they were both empty.

He angrily slammed the wall while cursing to himself and turned around on the hallway, making his way back to the stairs. But just when he passed his own bedroom, he noticed that the door was slightly open, while he was pretty sure he had closed it earlier this afternoon when he left it.

He peeked around the corner and found exactly what he was expecting. He let out a sigh of relief when he finally found his assistant, the only worrying thing was that he seemed completely passed out and was sprawled widely over his bed with his complete suit still on.

Baekhyun carefully entered the room and sat down on the edge of the bed, looking at the younger with a slight smile on his face. Could the kid get more cute? Sehun was really something else, he never met someone like him before.

He got taken out of his thoughts when he heard light footsteps entering the room. But he didn’t have to turn around to know who was standing behind him.

“I should’ve known you’d lead him to here.”

“Isn’t this what you wanted?” Jongdae came to stand next to Baekhyun and looked at the sleeping boy too.    

“I told you this is different than last time.”

“Are you sure about that?”

Baekhyun looked at his friend, who was now staring at him with his arms crossed. “Yes. Just trust me okay?”

“Just watch out with what you’re doing, the media is already all over you two.”

“I know…” Baekhyun knew he couldn’t do anything without being watched, and that was partly his own fault, he knew that. His past flings at work of course were the cause of that, and sometimes he wished he’d done things differently, but on the other hand it was a game for him. A very exciting game of trying to not get caught by the cameras.

“Anyways I’m gonna leave you alone, I just wanted to make sure you found him.”

“I’ll be down in a minute okay?”

Jongdae just walked away without answering and when he heard the door close behind him Baekhyun stood up from the bed and walked to his closet. He grabbed a blanket form the bottom shelf and went back to the younger, putting it next to him on the bed.

He sat back down on the foot of the bed and slowly started to untie Sehun’s shoelaces before carefully taking the black, leather shoes off. He put them down next to the bed and smiled.

They were the ones he bought for Sehun along with the suit. They had just left the store when he noticed Sehun eyeing a pair of shoes behind the display window, so Baekhyun quickly took him back inside to get him one last gift.

He looked at Sehun, who was still sleeping peacefully. He wanted to make it more comfortable for the younger and take off more of his suit, but Baekhyun was afraid he would wake him. Maybe it was better this way anyways, he already had a hard time resisting touching Sehun.

Baekhyun stood up, grabbed the blanket and laid it out on top of Sehun. After staring at his handsome face one last time for a few more seconds he left he room and silently closed the door behind him, letting out a deep sigh as buried his head in his hands.

He knew he had to go back to the party, even though he would like nothing more than to just go back into that room and lay next down to his assistant. Cuddling up to him, or even go further, touch the younger all over. The fact that Sehun wasn’t even going to be aware of it made it even more exciting for Baekhyun, it would be his own little secret. But it was the wrong thing to do… Maybe it was better if Sehun would wake up in the next few hours and just went home for the night, so Baekhyun wouldn’t get tempted to even try anything on him.

Whatever it would be, all Baekhyun could do now was wait and see what was going to happen, it was uncertain how this night was going to end. The other thing that was certain, was that if Sehun was still asleep when he returned, it would be one of the Baekhyun’s longest and hardest nights of his life.


a/n Baek is really getting cheeky now, but what is he planning? Who knows ;)

It is my bias' bday, they won a daesang and Suho proved that ot9 is still alive. Bless this day honestly. Ooh and Happy Late Sebaek Say! I wish I could've updates this on the actualy day but I didn't have enough time :(

Anyways thanks for everyone who subbed and especially the people who left an upvote <33333