Doubts

The Intern

“Ahh why am I not surprised there is someone else with you again? Seems like you still haven’t visited me twice in a row with the same assistant.”

Sehun had yet to decide if he liked this man or not. As soon as their plane landed in China they’d rushed to their appointment to meet up with the head of the chinese branch. The man was probably about Baekhyun’s age and looked kind of intimidating to Sehun with his expensive suit and round glasses.

“Let’s not waste anytime and just get on with this meeting.” Baekhyun said, not answering the question “Sehun, this is Zhang Yixing, COO of our chinese Branch. Yixing, this is Sehun, my new intern.”

“An intern?” the COO was clearly judging Sehun while shaking his hand, scanning him from head to toe “I’m not used to you hiring those. Anyways, nice to meet you Sehun.”

“Nice to meet you too Mr. Zhang.”

“At least he has manners unlike all the others. Alright, follow me and let’s get this over with.”

 

Sehun was waiting alone in the lobby after the meeting was over. Baekhyun had said he was going to say hi to a few people in the office before leaving and told him to wait downstairs.  

“So Sehun, how has your boss been treating you?”

Sehun looked up from his phone and watched Yixing sit down next to him in the couch.

“Uhm yeah, I have no complaints.” he answered while putting his phone away.

“I thought so.” Yixing said with a small laugh “Wouldn’t expect anything else from him.”

“Have you known him for a long time?”

“You could say so. When I went to study in Korea I actually became an intern for the company, like you.” he said pointing at Sehun “During that time Baekhyun was being trained to be CEO and we quickly became friends because of our similar age, and we stayed that way when we both got our official jobs.”

“So how did you end up here?”

“Baekhyun got the chance to extend his company with a whole new branch in China and well, me being Chinese meant I was the perfect candidate to start this whole project and in the end, becoming the head of it. But of course that wasn’t the only reason...” Yixing sat back and crossed his arms over his chest “Baekhyun is very… giving… to the people that are close to him, and even more to the people he likes. But you have probably already noticed that, haven’t you Sehun?”

“I-I don’t know.” Sehun didn’t know if it was smart to lie to this man, but he didn’t wanna admit to it.   

“Listen, I’ve seen a few others in the same position you are in come here with him, looking at him the same way like you are, following him around like a puppy like you do. You’re making a mistake.”

Sehun looked at the other, making sure he wasn’t joking or something but Yixing looked as serious as he had all day.

“W-what are you talking about?”

“Let me put it this way. Baekhyun knows how to make people fall for him, I mean it’s not that hard if you look like he does, but he knows exactly how to sneak his way into your heart. Don’t fall for it.”

“I’m not falling for him…” as soon as those words slipped out of Sehun’s mouth he knew it was a mistake.

“Sehun, do you think I’m stupid?” Yixing said, slightly squinting his eyes.

“No… Sorry Mr. Zhang.” he quickly apologised.

“Just remember what I told you today, or else you’re going to regret your decisions in the future.” the COO stood up and walked away from Sehun.

“Why?”

That made him halt his steps and turn around again “Let’s say Mr Byun’s love is always of a short duration and just has one purpose.”

“What does that mean?” he asked with confusion, but also desperation in his voice.

“Have a nice night Sehun, it was nice meeting you.” and without answering Sehun’s question he continued his way towards the other side of the building. And just when he watched the COO leave, he saw Baekhyun was coming his way.

“What did he want from you?”

Sehun had hoped that his boss had just been too far away to see that Yixing was talking to him, to avoid any questions, but no such luck. “Ooh nothing, he just came to say bye.”

“Really? He's usually not that nice to new people, except for that time I introduced him to Junmyeon, but that's a story I will tell you some other time.” he said with a laugh “Come on let's get to the hotel, it's already dark. I'm so tired after these boring meetings.”

 

Sehun followed Baekhyun upstairs after they checked in at the hotel, but as soon as they reached their floor, Sehun noticed something strange.

“Mr. Byun, I think they made a mistake downstairs. I just realized they only gave us one key, they must've forgotten the other one.”

“Ooh I totally forgot to tell you that. Before we left this morning I checked the booking you made and made a small rearrangement.” Baekhyun said while he just kept walking through the long hallway, not looking at Sehun.

Sehun already knew the answer to this question, but he still decided to ask it “What arrangement...”

Baekhyun finally stopped and turned around to face his intern “We're sharing a room.” he said with a smile before continuing on to their room.

Sehun kept silent, there was no use in protesting his boss. It was commonly known within the company that whatever Mr. Byun wants, Mr. Byun gets. So he just quietly followed his boss until they reached their room.

Baekhyun opened the door and stepped inside, but Sehun just stood there watching him.

“Are you gonna shy away from me now Sehun?” Baekhyun said with a small laugh as he turned around “Come on, you’re not scared to share a room with me are you?”

Sehun took a deep breath and without answering he followed Baekhyun into the hotel room. With the first look around he was sure this wasn’t one of the rooms that he booked for them. Of course he knew about Baekhyun’s lifestyle, so when searching for hotels on the internet he did look for one of the more expensive ones and even got a VIP room for the both of them. But this was something else, this wasn’t just a luxurious room. This room was probably bigger than Sehun’s whole apartment and came with a complete lounge, a mini bar and an upper floor where the bed was probably located.

“I knew you’d like it.” Baekhyun said with a bright smile when he saw Sehun look around in amazement. “Come on, let's check out the view.” he grabbed Sehun by the wrist and led him towards the balcony on the other side of the room.

Once they arrived on the balcony, Sehun leaned with his elbows on the glass railing and Baekhyun did the same, shoulders slightly touching.

“It’s beautiful…” Sehun said quietly. They were on the highest floor of the hotel, looking over the centre of the city that was still so busy at night time, but also really beautiful because of all of the bright lights.

“You think you could get used to such a life?”

He looked over to his left and saw Baekhyun with a small smile on his face. “Definitely.” Sehun smiled back.

“You know…” Sehun watched how Baekhyun looked down at his own hands, which he was nervously rubbing one against the other “Sometimes I wonder how life would’ve been without all this. What if I had been born in a normal family, without all the money, without all the benefits? …I know I have nothing to complain about, but I really hate my life sometimes.”

“How come?” Sehun had never seen this serious side of Baekhyun, and it made him wonder why the elder was telling him all these things right now.

“It’s a lot of pressure, being the face of a company. I’m being watched every day, everything I do can have consequences not only for me, but for the whole company. A lot of people wish to live my life, but honestly… I don’t think I would trade with anyone if I got the chance. You wanna know why?” Baekhyun looked at him again “Because of the people I got to meet, including you.”

Baekhyun slid his arms over Sehun’s shoulders and pulled him closer. Sehun smiled shyly at the elder but immediately looked down his body when he heard his stomach growl.    

“Are you hungry?”

“Aah yeah, a bit.” They only had a quick lunch at the company and an even smaller dinner due to all the meetings that had to take place in one day.

“You wanna go downstairs to eat a bit?”

Sehun would have loved to have a proper dinner after such a long day, but he also craved for a night of not really doing anything and getting out of his suit as soon as possible. “It’s okay Mr Byun, I’m a bit tired. I’ll just have a big breakfast tomorrow morning.”

“We could also order room service? Doesn’t that sound like a great idea?”

“Yeah, sure. Why not.” Sehun didn’t really have anything against that idea, it actually sounded really nice to have a meal together with his boss in a private environment instead of a fancy public restaurant.  

“Great, let’s check out the menu.”

The two walked back inside and went over to the lounge area where a card was placed on the table with all the food and drinks that were available for ordering.

“Let me see.” Baekhyun sat down and looked at the list in his hands “I hate to disappoint you.”

Sehun sat down on the couch opposite side of Sehun “Why’s that?”

“They don’t have pizza on the menu.” Baekhyun laughed “Come and see what you'd like to eat.”

Sehun stood up again and took a seat next to his boss, as soon as he sat down Baekhyun handed him the menu and placed his hand right on Sehun thigh, making him blush slightly.

He tried to look for something he liked but Baekhyun hand that now was slowly rubbing his leg, distracting him.

“I uhm.. Just have something you like, I'm not too picky with food so I will probably like it.” he quickly stood up to break the contact with his boss “I have to get something from my suitcase…”

“They already brought them upstairs.” Baekhyun said, still smiling, not looking surprised at all by Sehun’s sudden movement “I'll order something in the meantime.”

Sehun left his boss to go check the upstairs area. He walked up the golden spiral stairs and as he feared, he found just one, big bed upstairs. He didn't even know why he had still hoped that maybe there would be two single beds, knowing Baekhyun. In the worst case scenario he could sleep on the couch, but the question was whether his boss was going to let him…

 

During dinner they talked a lot about work. Since the meetings had been in Chinese, Sehun hadn't been able to follow any of it, but he was quite interested in the company and why hey actually had to fly to another country so suddenly.

Baekhyun also was more than happy to tell stories about the Chinese COO’s relationship with the Korean one. Apparently, the two were kind of a thing at one point and Baekhyun had felt bad for sending Yixing away to China, but that had faded away after Baekhyun caught Junmyeon  sending love letters multiple times over the business email.

In return, Sehun told him about the many times his roommate was getting drinks from the local coffee shop just because of ‘that cute worker Kyungsoo’ and Sehun ended up drinking all of them because Jongin hates coffee.

 

After the nice and relaxed dinner Sehun immediately hopped into the shower before going to bed. Before going on this trip he had been nervous. Going on a getaway with Mr. Byun may sound like a dream for many people, but it was absolutely terrifying for Sehun.

But the day had been interesting, tiring, but very interesting. Yes, Baekhyun had still been giving some hints, seeking physical contact with the younger which still alarmed him at times. But this night hadn't felt like a business trip, more like a trip for two friends together, or two people who were more than that…

With a better mood he turned of the hot water and reached for a towel to dry himself, but then he suddenly realised he forgot something.

“, Sehun you're so stupid.” he quietly cursed to himself.

He totally forgot to take some clothes with him to the bathroom and going through all the effort of putting his suit back on didn't sound like a great plan either.

So after drying his hair he picked up his clothes from the floor before exiting the bathroom, his private parts being the only body part covered by the towel around his waist.

Luckily it was dark, the only light coming from the moon that shined slightly through the curtains. He walked upstairs and was surprised not to find Baekhyun there, he assumed the elder would already be lying in bed since the room had been all dark, but he was nowhere to be seen.

He carefully folded his clothes before putting them next to his suitcase, and just as he was about to look for sweatpants and a t-shirt, he heard a voice behind him.

“Hey.”

Sehun quickly turned around, surprised by the sudden appearance of the elder behind him.

“Jezus…” he put his hand on his chest, feeling his heart beating like crazy. “You scared me Mr Byun.”

“I'm sorry. Are you ready for bed?” Baekhyun was talking in a lower voice than he had been all night, and Sehun had heard this version of him before in a certain situation…

“Uhm yeah… I….I was just getting some clothes to sleep in.” Sehun’s voice was shaking slightly now.

“I don't think there is any need for that.” Baekhyun slowly came closer, making Sehun also take a few steps back until he hit the edge of the bed, making him stumble backwards and land with his on the bed. Baekhyun was still walking closer until he stood right in front of him, knees touching.

“You weren't planning on sleeping on the couch, or were you Sehun?” Baekhyun slowly sat down on Sehun’s lap, wrapping his arms around the back of his neck and cocking his head slightly.

Their faces were so close now that Sehun didn't need any light to see the lust in Baekhyun's eyes “N-no Mr Byun…”

“Good boy.” he smirked “Because you know, I think it's time to give into the thing I've been wanting for so long. Something you have been craving too Sehunnie…” Baekhyun spoke in a husky voice with his lips just a few centimeters away from Sehun’s.

“I-I don't know…” As Baekhyun got closer the doubts in Sehun’s mind grew bigger. Yes Sehun had wanted this, he even initiated a situation like this just a few days ago. But the words said by his friends, his co-workers and even from Yixing today were really giving him a hard time. Every time Baekhyun was whispering sweet words in his ear he also heard voices of the other people loud and clear in his head.

"Sehun..."

Baekhyun is really fond of the kid.

“I feel like such a lucky man to have you here.”

Isn’t he always fond of his assistants?

“You have no idea what you do to me Sehun.”

I bet Sehun doesn’t need to do anything to get what he wants from Baekhyun.

“I’ve been treating you well, haven’t I?”

How can you be sure this isn’t just all to get you to do whatever he wants?

“You’re really special to me, I hope you know that.”

How do you know he likes you too?

“You know you want to give into me Sehun.”

Don’t fall for it.

“Please… just trust me.”

You’re going to regret your decisions.

He opened his eyes and was faced with his boss once more. He was looking straight at him, lust still clearly visible in his eyes, but now mixed with a slight hint of uncertainty.

Was Baekhyun scared to be rejected by him? Did Sehun really have Byun Baekhyun, the most wanted bachelor in Korea, did he have this man's heart at his mercy?

Sehun took a deep breath and finally gave his boss his answer.

“I'm all yours…”

 

a/n So if any of you are wondering how Baek did go from nice af during dinner to thirsty af at the end, I'll explain more next chapter 

Also make your guess who's gonna block them next :)

Please let me know ​​​​what you thought about this chapter in the comments and leave an upvote if you like this fic so far, thanks for all the love <333