Bonus Chapter: Fireworks

The Intern

 

*This chapter takes place after Chapter 13, a few days after they came back from China. Because I wanted to make New Years Eve happen in the next chapter but I realised the story is like already a week ahead, so I wrote this small bonus chapter for you guys instead*

 


 

“How many times have I told you, I don’t need a gift. It isn’t even a day people usually give presents.”

“Who says it has to be a special day for me to spoil you,” Baekhyun said with a bright smile “Besides it is a special day. Today we’re celebrating the end of a fantastic year. Our company did better than ever before, both here as well as in China, I finally caught Jongdae on one of his secret dates, but the best thing of all is walking right here next to me of course.”

“Ooh look!” Sehun pointed towards a small shop in the distance “A bubble tea shop!”

“Don’t you try and distract me Oh Sehun.” Baekhyun laughed “I see that blush.” The elder already knew Sehun way too well. Baekhyun knew exactly what to say to make him shy. “But if you were serious about the bubble tea, let’s get you some.”

Sehun thought today already had been awkward enough, being ogled at by almost everyone here at the mall, but he should’ve known walking into this bubble tea store wouldn’t be a good idea at all. While they were standing in line to make their order, Sehun could feel the stares and hear the quiet whispers all around him.

“Never thought I would find myself in this situation, waiting in line in a bright pink coloured shop and surrounded by teenage girls.” Baekhyun said with a slightly disgusted face.

“Should we leave?” As much as Sehun liked bubble tea, Baekhyun wasn’t the only one uncomfortable in this situation.

“Nah, let’s just get your drink and get out.”

“Do you want something?”

“I don’t think I’m gonna like it, seems way to sweet.”

“Wait…” Sehun turned to the elder “You've never had bubble tea?” he said with disbelief in his voice.

Baekhyun immediately started laughing “You’re so cute. But no Sehun, I’ve never had it.”

“I’ll get you one, what kind of flavor would you like?”

“I’ll have whatever you recommend me, but only under one condition. I’ll be the one to pay.”

Baekhyun had probably noticed Sehun already holding out his card in his hand, with a defeated sigh he put his own card back into his wallet. “Fine.”

After they got their orders they walked back to the centre of the mall, finding a small table around the food court.

“Arent’s all those kids supposed to be in school right now?” Baekhyun said as they sat down at one of the few free tables, again surrounded by a lot of teenagers.

“It’s winter break.” Sehun said with a small laugh as he watched Baekhyun look around him with a disgusted face.

They both sipped their drinks while conversing, but Sehun noticed Baekhyun wasn't really focussing on Sehun, something that rarely happened.

“Baek?”

“Hmm.” The elder didn’t look at Sehun while answering, but instead he kept glaring at one of the tables to his right.

Sehun looked over to what was going on there and noticed a group of three girls, giggling when they noticed the two looking at them. “Just ignore them.”

“They should mind their own ing business.” Sehun rarely heard Baekhyun this annoyed.

“Not to sound rude but, aren’t you used to people looking at you by now?”

“I am. But I don’t like them looking at what’s mine.”

It took a few seconds before he realised what Baekhyun was talking about, but when he looked over to the girls he noticed they weren’t staring at the elder, but straight at him. It made Sehun feel uncomfortable and he quickly looked away when one of them waved at him.

“Come on,” Sehun stood up “Let’s finish our drinks while walking.” and luckily his boss didn’t hesitate to go with him and quickly followed him away from the mass of people.

 

“I knew I would get you something you’d like.”

Sehun quickly put down the brand new phone on the side table, he didn’t wanna show Baekhyun how much he loved it, but he couldn’t help but keep looking at it himself.

“You still didn’t have to do it.”

“I know but I-”

“-want to.” Sehun finished Baekhyun’s sentence, which wasn’t hard after hearing it so many times and Baekhyun just smiled down at him in the younger's lap.

The two had gone outside to wait for the fireworks to happen and as soon as Sehun had taken his seat in the garden lounge, Baekhyun had sprawled himself over the sofa with his head right on Sehun's lap.

“Anyways, what did you think of the food?”

Baekhyun had planned something really special for tonight. From the moment Baekhyun had invited him to stay for dinner he had expected something really fancy, probably a six course dinner or something like that, but he pleasantly surprised Sehun.

Instead of the expensive seafood Sehun imagined to be on his plate, it was the very dish he himself failed miserably to make during Christmas.

“It was nice, and I don’t wanna insult your cook but I kinda have to say this.”

“What?” Baekhyun looked up towards him with a very curious and cute look on his face.  

“I still prefer pizza and maybe I’m happy I burned it back then.”

Baekhyun playfully hit Sehun’s chest “You idiot, it's that what I should’ve given you instead of that phone. A year long supply of free pizza.”

Sehun lightly flicked Baekhyun on the forehead, making the elder whine.

“A lifetime free bubble tea? Is that better then? Maybe your own store?”

“Stop it.” Sehun laughed “I don’t want anything.”

Baekhyun suddenly sat up and placed himself in Sehun’s lap, arms around his neck and his legs on both sides of Sehun’s “Are you sure about that? Isn’t there one thing left in the world that you want?”  

“You” The word was out before he even realised it and he wished he could take it back. “I mean…”

“I heard that Oh Sehun.” Baekhyun smiled “But I think that is the only thing I can’t give you, unless you give me something in return.”

“What is it?”

“I want you too.” Baekhyun said with a husky voice and he leaned his head in, so close their lips almost touched.

“You already have me.” If he wasn’t to distracted by the person in front of him he probably would have vomited from his own words. He had never been like this, it was also the reason he didn’t watch any dramas or romantic movies. The love scenes were always kinda cringey to him, but now that he was in one, he had to admit he didn’t fully dislike it, was maybe even close to liking it.

“Promise me something Sehun.” Baekhyun said, lips now touching, but not fully connecting “Stay mine. Don’t look at others. I’m the type to get jealous if other people touch my belongings.”

Sehun had noticed that earlier today, but Baekhyun didn’t have to worry. Even though he had to admit those girls from today were pretty, maybe he would’ve even approached him if he was in a different situation, but his eyes were on Baekhyun only. From the day he walked into Baekhyun’s office he had known this was going to be it, after that day no one else could even slightly take his interest.

“I’ll be yours, Mr. Byun.” He expected that last word to finally trigger his boss, and it did. The elder immediately connected their lips in a heated kiss and brought their bodies closer. Sehun felt his heart go crazy and for a second he thought he could actually hear it beating almost out of his chest, but these sounds were too real and then he suddenly noticed the flashing lights that he could see even through his closed eyelids.  

He stopped kissing the elder back and looked up in the air. He didn’t even realise they had been outside for this long for all these bright colours to burst in the sky.

“Happy New Year Sehun.” Baekhyun said and Sehun looked at him.

“Happy New Year.”

While Sehun was gazing up again, still fascinated by all the fireworks, he noticed Baekhyun wasn’t too interested in what was going on around them.

“You don’t like fireworks?” Sehun asked his boss.

“I do, but there is something way more beautiful in front of me.” Sehun quickly looked away, his face reddening from the elder’s words “How about this. Why don’t we continue with what we were doing and maybe create some fireworks of our own?”

“Right.. Here?” Sehun shouldn’t even surprised by his boss’ propositions anymore, since there were weirder places than his garden where they had done similar stuff.

“If it makes you uncomfortable we can go inside, I don’t care.” Baekhyun left a quick kiss on Sehun’s neck, slightly taking the skin in between his teeth “As long as I get what I want right now.”

Sehun didn’t even want to protest, and even if he did he know it would have been be useless. The very important rule that applies in every situation at work, was also often used in their private lives. What Mr. Byun wants, Mr. Byun gets.

 


 

So like I said I just wanted to make a little New Year's chapter as a special for you guys, doesn't really add anything to the story but just a bit of bonus jealous and demanding Baek.

But yeah anyways, Happy New Year to all of you! I hope you guys had a great year and will even get a better one next year <3 I just wanna thank you all so much for the support over the past year(s)! I'll just keep writing until the day I decide to not stan Exo anymore (which will never happen) so I hope you guys look forwards to all the upcoming fics in 2018. I still have a 10+ list of serious fic ideas and drafts so you surely will be seeing more from me in the future!

I hope you all will have a great day today and spend it with family, friends or like me, probably with Exo on my screen lol. As an extra New Years surprise I will upload the next chapter (where the story will actually continue) tonight :) See you all next year <3