Another Perspective

The Intern

“Are you sure this is the place Chanyeol?”

“Yeah I’m sure, maybe they just haven't arrived yet.”

Baekhyun took of his fake glasses and rubbed the bridge of his nose. “These things are ing annoying me already.”

“You could take them of Mr. Byun.”

“I told you I’m taking no risk by getting recognised in this filthy, cheap place.” he said with an angry tone to his voice.

“My apologies sir.”

Baekhyun let out a heavy sigh from boredom. They weren’t even in this club for half an hour and he already couldn’t wait for the moment to leave. But he couldn’t, not before he found what he came for.

Baekhyun put the glasses back on and looked around him like he had been doing for the past hour they had been here. But then Chanyeol’s eyes widened and he suddenly tapped him on the shoulder to get his attention.

“Wait. Mr. Byun, there he is!”

Chanyeol pointed to a spot behind him and he turned around, but what he didn’t expect was to see Sehun only a few steps away from him, looking him right in the eye.

“Baek…”

Panic broke out inside of Baekhyun’s head, this wasn’t how his plan was supposed to go. The first thing that came to his mind now was pretending like he didn’t know what what going on. So he quickly turned back to face Chanyeol and took his drink from the bar, only to spill everything all over himself when someone pulled his arm from behind, turning him back around in his bar stool. He ripped the mask of his face and threw it on the ground.

“What the !? Those pants are brand new!”  

“So it is you…”

Sehun was still holding his arm, and as much as Baekhyun missed the feeling of the younger touching him, he wasn’t here for this.

“What are you doing here?”

Baekhyun yanked his arms out of Sehun’s grip “None of your business. Go away.”

“Could I talk to you?” Sehun just stood there, looking at Baekhyun like a puppy who just got kicked by its owner. “Please…”

“I said go away!”

“Please Baekhyun, talk to me.” Sehun was basically begging him now and Baekhyun had to try harder and harder to not give in.

“I’m gonna ask you one more time,” he tried to sound as mad as possible, but he couldn’t fully suppress the slight shake in his voice “Leave me alone!”

He watched how Sehun opened his mouth to say something, but closing it quickly after, looking down at the ground and swallowing his words.

“Well? What are you still doing here?” Baekhyun barked at Sehun. The younger looked up again, silent tears sliding down his cheeks.

 

Jongin looked at his watch, letting out a small sigh and looking around him to see if Sehun had returned. His best friend hadn’t been feeling well and he was worried something was seriously wrong with him. He made his way through the busy crowd and checked the bathroom, but Sehun was nowhere to be found. Returning back towards the main hall he suddenly noticed a familiar person at the bar to his right.

With a huge feel of relief he stepped towards his friend, grabbing his shoulders and turning him around.

“Sehun are you okay? I was wondering what took so long.”

At first he hadn’t really noticed it, but now that he paid attention to his friend’s face he clearly noticed the wet spots on his cheeks. “Are you crying? What happ-”

He didn’t need to finish his question because he suddenly noticed the person Sehun was previously looking at, sitting right behind him in a barstool.

“Come on, let’s go.” Jongin was slightly startled by the anger in his own voice. But the fact that Sehun was crying meant Baekhyun had definitely done or said anything to hurt his best friend. He grabbed Sehun’s shoulders more tightly and tried to drag Sehun with him, but the younger wouldn’t come “Sehun come.”

“Leave me Jongin.” Sehun said with a silent, shaky voice.

“No, I won’t. Listen to me Sehun.” He placed both his hands on Sehun’s cheeks to get his attention “I know what you want, but this isn’t the time for this, and certainly not the place.” Some people were already looking, if they found out this was Byun Baekhyun they had in front of them the mobile phones would come out to record it and it would probably be all over the news tomorrow “You will get another chance, I promise you okay?”

Sehun nodded his head and looked back one last time before Jongin was able to take him back towards the crowd, but just before the entered the mass Sehun stopped him.

“I wanna go home.”

As much as Jongin wanted to protest and convince him that the night still could be fun, he knew it would be a lie. “Okay, let’s grab our jackets and leave.”

The walk home was silent and awkward. Jongin was curious about what had happened, but didn’t want to start about it in case Sehun got sad again.

“So…” he started, trying to break the silence “How is it living alone now?”

“It’s alright, but kinda boring.”

That’s where the conversation ended. Jongin knew Sehun wouldn’t talk much right now, but he hated the silence, so he gathered the courage and asked what he didn’t dare to do.

“What did he say?” Jongin already knew he wouldn’t have to mention the person he was referring to.

“Just that he didn’t wanna see or speak to me.”

“Why was he there? Do you know that?”

“I didn’t ask, not that he would’ve answered me if I had.” Sehun let out a sarcastic laugh. “Maybe that Chanyeol guy likes to visit that club and took Baekhyun with him.”

“Who is that guy anyways?” Jongin had noticed the guy next to Baekhyun, but had no idea in what way they were related.

“His new assistant, or his new boyfriend? I don’t know. I told you about him right?”

Sehun had told the story about the day he came back to work and someone else had taken his place, but he hadn’t expected Chanyeol to look like that “Is he an assistant? Looks more like a supermodel or something.”

“I wonder why Baekhyun hired him, he normally doesn’t care about looks.” Another sarcastic laugh slipped form Sehun’s mouth “Also is that a diss towards me? You saying that he’s too handsome to be an assistant? Good to know you think I’m ugly.”

“My eyes almost start bleeding when I look at you yes.”Jongin saw a small, honest smile on Sehun’s face and slung an arm around his shoulder, pulling him close. “Maybe he still wants you and just followed you to the club.”

Sehun stopped walking and looked at him “Really?”

Jongin was making a joke but he didn’t wanna hurt Sehun by saying that “Yeah… of course. Everything is possible.”

“Then why would he be so mean to me?”

“I don’t know Sehun. The guy is a real mystery.” Sehun suddenly looked down again by the thought of Baekhyun’s words from tonight “Hey buddy, what if we drink a few more at your place? I’ll call Kyungsoo, so he doesn’t have to pick me up anymore, and just stay with you.”

“Just like old times?”

Jongin let out a snort “You act like it’s been years since we lived together. But yes, like old times.”

“Under one condition.” Jongin nodded as a sign for Sehun to continue “Promise that, whatever the hell Baekhyun and that giant elf are going to do tonight, we’ll have more fun.”

 

“Mr Byun, what was exactly your plan for tonight?”

“None of your business!”

Chanyeol was actually excited for this this evening at the beginning, but Baekhyun had only been grumpy the whole night. “So what are we going to do now?”

We are not going to do anything. I’m going to go home and drink myself to death, go to sleep and come up with another plan in the morning.”

Baekhyun walked to the other side of the parking lot with an angry pace and stepped into his car. Chanyeol followed him, but as he wanted to open the passenger door, he noticed it was locked. He tried a few more times but it wouldn’t budge, he knocked on the window a few times to get Baekhyun’s attention.

“What?” Baekhyun snapped when he rolled the window down.

“I can’t get in.”

“You don’t have to. I’m going home.”

Chanyeol was confused “But you drove me here, how am I going to get home?”

“Yes, I needed you because I had no idea were we were going. I already made sure your payment is on your bank account, take a taxi or something home.”

And without any additional words Baekhyun rolled the window back up and left, leaving a still confused Chanyeol behind. He let out a sigh and started walking towards the bus stop which he knew was a few blocks away.

When he first got Baekhyun’s request hiring him he had expected to be accompanying him to important events and such things. It wouldn’t be the first time some rich person hired him to walk next to them just to brag, he was a model after all.

The first day he found out he had to play Baekhyun’s assistant to seek revenge on his ex he was kinda excited. Chanyeol liked a bit of drama, but who wouldn’t? Tonight came the second mission for him when Baekhyun had found out where Sehun was going that night and he had needed Chanyeol to go with him. He hadn't told him why, but Chanyeol was paid to accompany him, so he did.

Chanyeol always just assumed Sehun was a huge . Baekhyun hadn’t told him much about his ex, but of course Chanyeol had seen the articles and news reports when they were together, and they had seemed happy. But tonight things changed. He saw how Sehun had looked at Baekhyun when he said some hurtful words, and he also didn't forget how Baekhyun had treated Chanyeol himself tonight...

Once he arrived at the bus stop he sat down on the cold, metal bench while waiting for the next bus to come. He grabbed his phone and opened his social media, looking for the name ‘Oh Sehun’. He quickly found the account with the right profile and clicked it, finding the thing he needed directly on the top of the other’s page.

He looked at a photo of Sehun and some other boys, assumingly his friends, and Chanyeol was lucky again. The photo was tagged and he tapped the other boy he had seen with Sehun tonight.

Chanyeol ended up on the page of ‘Kim Jongin’, and he remembered Sehun saying that name tonight when his friend came over. The profile photo matched the boy he had in mind so without further thought he opened the messenger, typed in his phone number followed by a short message.

‘Call me as soon as possible’

 


 

a/n The first time with a bit of Jongin and Chanyeol perspective, and maybe already the last, maybe not ;)

Also what the hell is going on with Baekhyun? Why is he searching for Sehun? Does he want revenge? Or does he want Sehun back? You'll find out next time (probably lol)

Thanks for reading <3