Sneaky Moves

The Intern

I also updated yesterday, make sure you read that one too!


“You’re wearing the watch.” Baekhyun smiled when Sehun walked up to him wearing the present he bought for him.

“Yeah, it’s really pretty actually.” Sehun said looking at his wrist with a shy smile “I didn’t properly thank you earlier so yeah… thank you.”

“A pretty boy deserves a pretty watch right?” Sehun didn’t know why he always got shy when his boss gave him compliments, but he felt the blood rush up to his cheeks and he just hoped Baekhyun wouldn’t notice in the dark outside. “Have you ever been to this place?”

Sehun shook his head. The last time he properly went out to dinner was probably about a year ago, and it was not nearly as fancy as the place Baekhyun had taken him to tonight. Sehun had heard about this place though. It was supposed to be one of the best restaurants in the city, and as expected with Baekhyun, also one of the most expensive.

He followed Baekhyun inside where a lady was waiting for them. She took the two to their table and Sehun let out a small gasp of surprise when he saw they were seated at one of the big windows. The restaurant was located right next to the river that ran through the city so they had a beautiful view of the city skyline on the other side of the water from their table.

As soon as they sat down another lady came walking up to them with two menus in her hand.

“Good evening gentlemen.” she took a small bow towards the both of them “My name is Yoona and I’ll be your waitress for tonight.”

“Nice to meet you Yoona.” Baekhyun said and Sehun noticed his boss gave the lady a quick wink. “Can you get us the nicest red wine you have?”

“Of course Sir, have a look at the menu while I go get your drinks.” she handed them the menus and walked off.

Baekhyun turned around for a bit to watch her. “Damn she’s pretty.”

“Yeah… she is.” Sehun, slight annoyance lacing his voice.

Baekhyun turned back to him with a smirk on his face “Is someone getting a bit jealous over here?”

“No… I’m sorry, it just came out wrong.” Sehun avoided additional questions by grabbing the menu and studying all the entrées. Most things on the menu had names that he had never heard of before. He tried to look for something at least a bit familiar but with no such luck. Even when he searched through the starters and desserts he didn’t recognise anything.

“You see anything you like?”

“Uhm well… maybe if I knew what all of these dishes were.”

Baekhyun started laughing “I assume you don’t go out to eat a lot.”

“Well not if the burger place around the corner of my apartment building doesn't count.” he answered with a smile.

“I have an idea, do you have any allergies or intolerances?”

“Not that I know of.”

“Good.” Baekhyun motioned for the waitress to come over and she hurriedly walked their way with a bottle of wine in her hands.

“Yoona, I have a bit of a special request.”

“What is it Sir?”  

“Can you ask the chef to make us a dish made out of all this restaurant's specialities? Just so my friend here know why this is one of my favorite places to eat.”

“Of course, everything for you Mr. Byun.” Yoona said while she poured both men some of the wine she brought. “I’m really honoured to be the one serving you tonight.”

Sehun wanted to throw up when he saw Yoona bat her eyelashes a few extra times towards Baekhyun, trying to flirt with the other right in front of him. She took the menus back towards the kitchen and Sehun kept his eyes on her until she was fully out of sight.

“If looks could kill she would be dead right now, is she bothering you Sehun?”

Sehun hadn’t even realised he was giving the waitress a death stare until Baekhyun pointed it out. “A bit…”

“Why? You being jealous of her giving me attention while you would rather be the one to have it doesn't make sense. I can imagine a handsome boy like you dating a gorgeous girl like her.”

Sehun was again trying to avoid the situation and just grabbed his glass of wine. He had never tasted red wine but he didn’t have the balls to tell Baekhyun, the elder probably already had a certain image of him after seeing the place he lived. But how bad could it really be?

He took a small sip from the glass. At first it was pretty okay but when he got to the unpleasant bitter and sour aftertaste he just tried to swallow it as quick as possible, a clear expression of dislike on his face.

“I guess you've never had red wine either.” Baekhyun laughed.

“How can you even drink this poison?” Sehun put his glass back on the table while still making a disgusted face.

“I assume you’re more of a beer or soju guy. We can order some if you want?”

“A glass of water is just fine.” Sehun couldn’t lie, he liked alcohol but during a dinner with his boss it didn’t really feel appropriate.

While Sehun got himself some water from the glass jug on the table he noticed Baekhyun studying him.

“Did you lose weight recently?”

Sehun had a quick look down at his body and shook his head “Not that I’m aware off. Why are you asking?”

“Your suit looks a bit big on you.” So it was clearly more noticeable than he had hoped.

“Oh that’s because it’s not mine. I only have one really nice suit and it is still at the dry cleaner.”

“Then it’s time we get you some new ones.”

“W-we?”

“Yeah. It’s my company that forces you to wear these fancy clothes, might as well pay for them too.”  

Sehun didn’t even know why he was still surprised after the watch Baekhyun had given him.

“You really don’t need to do that.”

“I know I don’t need to, but I want to.”

 

“What is this?”

“A lemon berry savarin.”

“And this?”

Baekhyun should have got tired of all these questions being thrown at him all night, but somehow he still wasn’t, it was rather cute of the younger.

“Poire à la Beaujolaise.”

“I can’t believe we’re already at dessert and I still haven’t seen anything I’ve ever eaten before.”

“But the real question is, do you like it?”

“I mean… I could definitely get used to it.”

“Good.” Baekhyun smiled “That means I can take you out to dinner more.”

Baekhyun saw Sehun getting flustered at his words. He had noticed that the younger had the tendency not to answer whenever he felt uncomfortable and he watched how Sehun just silently started eating his dessert.

“Anyways, you talked about school earlier. But what are you planning to do when you finish your internship with me?”

“I don’t really know yet. I have to do my final exams and then I should graduate if all goes well. I guess I’ll have to look for a job after that.”

“Why don’t you just come back to work for me? I can easily offer you a job.”

“But you’ve only seen me work for a week, technically only one day.”

“I know.” He already knew Sehun would be a great addition to his team, and the younger was just a fun person to be around. “But I have the utmost confidence in your skills and abilities.”

“Yeah… yeah maybe I can do that.”    

“Do you like it at the company? Have you made any friends yet?” Baekhyun was kinda curious about that, since Sehun was in his office most of the time.

“People have been really kind to me. Jongdae even sat with me today during lunch.”

“Jongdae?” That was interesting. Baekhyun knew what Jongdae’s thoughts were about Baekhyun’s relationship with his former assistants. Was he trying to get information out of Sehun?

“Yeah, he was just asking how I was doing at work.”

“And probably gossiping about me.” Baekhyun said with a small laugh.

“No.. no… we didn’t talk about you.”

Sehun was a really bad liar. Even if it wasn’t already noticeable from his slightly shaking voice, Baekhyun could easily see it in his eyes. It was one of the most useful skills to have in the business world and Baekhyun was really proud he was so good at it. But he didn’t want to confront Sehun about it, he’d rather go up to his friend tomorrow and see what that sneaky bastard had been up to.

“Alright let’s finish up and go.”  


 

“We hope to see you again soon Mr. Byun.” Yoona said as she opened the door for the two men.

“You definitely will Yoona. You did an excellent job tonight.” Baekhyun said and he took Yoona’s hand to give it a light kiss.

“You’re a real gentleman.” She said blushing “I hope you have a good night.”

“Oh I certainly will.” he silently said to himself.

Baekhyun looked behind him where Sehun was just standing in the doorway, shooting daggers at the waitress. “Come on Sehun, let’s get you home.”

With some hesitation the younger followed Baekhyun to his car.

“You really don’t have to bring me home. I can call a taxi again, or have my roommate pick me up.”

“You know I don’t mind it Sehun.”

They both got into the car and as soon as the doors closed, Baekhyun turned to Sehun.

“We can also go back to my place if you want? I could do with another glass of wine. Surely I'll have something you would like too.”

“T-to your place…”

“Yeah, just to continue our conversation, have a bit of a casual chat.” Baekhyun put his hand on Sehun’s knee and he felt the younger tense under his touch.

“I-I don’t think that’s a good idea. I’m pretty tired and I need to get up early tomorrow.”

“You can come a bit later if you like, I don’t mind it.” he lightly started caressing the other’s upper leg and he heard Sehun’s breath quicken.

“I really think cannot do that … There is a lot of work to do and I just…”   

He really had hopeed Sehun would take his offer after pushing it a bit further with Yoona. It could have been just annoyance, but to Baekhyun it seemed more like a jealousy sort of thing that had been going on in Sehun’s mind all night. He needed to be careful not to push him too much though, he didn’t want to scare him off.

“It’s alright Sehun. Let’s just get you home then.”


a/n So Baekhyun is getting touchy. And trust me, it'll only get worse ;)

ALSO can we talk about Power for a second. It's seriously such a bop and the mv is confusing af but I love it??? Also shout out to my bias for doing that ballet during the life performace, like honestly this is the most hyped I've been during an exo song since Love Me Right (not that the others weren't good, but this one is so energetic omg). I'm drowning myself in fan theories and lowkey wanna write a fic in mama au with their powers? Should I sometime?