The New Kid

The Intern

“Mr. Byun, your new intern is here.”  

“Bring him upstairs.” Baekhyun released the intercom button on the phone on his desk and leaned back in his chair.

He really hated having to hire interns but after his assistant resigned from his position after a fight with him, this was the quickest way to fix it. They had worked with other interns in the past but Baekhyun was never happy with them, they were usually not as experienced as he would like them to be and often had the attitude of lazy students.  

“It’s just for 12 weeks Baekhyun, you can do this.” He said to himself  “In the meantime we’ll find someone else and it’ll all be okay.”

“And this…” Baekhyun looked at the door which had just opened “is the legendary and more importantly, very handsome CEO of Byun Enterprises.”

Jongdae had always liked to fawn over his boss right in front of him, but it was all in good fun and it never failed to make Baekhyun laugh.

He stood up from behind his desk and walked over to the two. The new intern seemed young, as expected from a university student, probably in his early twenties.

He was tall, with stylish dark brown hair, suited up, overall a very handsome and well-groomed young man. Or that's how he would describe him in a professional way…

If he was allowed to use his own words he would call the boy very attractive, y, hot.

“My name is Oh Sehun. I'm really grateful that you've given me this chance.” the boy said while taking a deep bow.

“You'll have to thank Jongdae for that, he’s my Human Resources Manager. And I have to admit, sometimes I doubt your choices Jongdae, but you did really well this time.”

Baekhyun didn't miss the slight blush on the new kid’s face and smiled at him.

“Let's get started shall we? I'll take it from here Dae, thanks for bringing him over.”

“No problem, let me know if you need me.” and Jongdae left the room.

Baekhyun sat down on the edge of his desk and motioned for Sehun to take the chair in front of him.

“So Sehun, I've had a quick look through your résumé, but I'd love for you to tell me a bit about yourself.”

Sehun nervously settled down into the chair, hands wedged in between his legs.

“I'm Oh Sehun, I'm 22 years old and I'm in my final year of my P/A studies. After that I hope to work for a big company like this.”

“And what do you think you can offer me as Executive Administrative Assistant?”

“I've already been working part time as an Office Administrator for 3 years alongside university. I think I have the skills what you're looking for in an assistant.”

“You think?” Baekhyun said, raising an eyebrow.

“I know I have the skills.” Sehun said with a confident voice.

“That's better.” Baekhyun smiled. “Follow me.”

He hopped off of his desk and walked towards the double doors that divided his office into two separate parts.

“You probably already saw it when you came in, but this front part of my office is yours. This will be your workplace for the upcoming weeks, your own private spot connected directly to my office. You're like my guarding dog. No one enters my office without going through you.”

“It's really amazing.” Sehun said while looking around in astonishment.

Baekhyun was proud of his office, when he had a brand new company building placed a few years ago, he made sure his workspace would be equipped with everything he needed plus some really unnecessary luxury stuff, like a minibar, a huge lounge area and private bathrooms for the both of them.

“So let's not waste any time. It's best you just accompany me for the first few days, watch what I do for the company and in which ways you can support me.” Baekhyun smiled “But let's get some lunch together first, get to know each other, since you'll have to be around me all the time.”

“Sound good Mr. Byun. Can I maybe make use of the bathroom real quick?”

“Of course, it’s yours after all.” Baekhyun said, pointing at the bathroom on the other side of Sehun’s brand new desk.

Baekhyun had a good feeling about this guy. Not only did the boy seem like a hard worker, but also his personality was something he really liked so far. He had been polite, modest, kind and most importantly, Baekhyun had noticed the kid had a great when he had turned around to go to the bathroom.

 

 

“So how did you get into the whole security system business?”

“To be completely honest… I don’t give a about them.” Baekhyun said with a laugh “I just took over my dad’s place as CEO when he retired.” Of course when Baekhyun heard he got the chance to take of his dad’s company that was worth billions of dollars he wouldn’t say no, but it hadn’t really been his dream job. “I had to work hard though. I knew I would only be able to do this if I actually had some knowledge about how our own systems work. So I worked in all the different technology departments of our company for a while to get familiar with everything.

“You really have dedication, you don’t seem anything like the media claims you are.”

Baekhyun almost spit out the food he just put into his mouth from laughter. “So you’ve already heard about me?”

“Of course, I’ve been seeing you on TV and in the newspapers since I was in high school.”

Baekhyun was curious. “So tell me, what do you already know about me?”

“That you’re a cold hearted boss.”

He would say he’s a strict boss, and that he can have a temper, but cold hearted was a bit overly exaggerated. He loved his workers, but he also couldn’t forget he runs a business worth billions. At the end of the day he’s responsible for everything that happens in the company.

“You didn’t finish high school.”

Partly true. He did drop out of high school. But what media always fails to mention is that it was due to bullying and that, after some home schooling, he did get his diploma.

“You’re a ladies man, a player, you have ual relationships with your workers.”

He couldn’t deny this one. Yes he loved and he wasn’t going to stay away from someone who was interested just because they worked for him. However, the media loved to make him look like some sort of monster, though he’d always been respectful. He never assaulted anyone, or done anything against someone’s will. Was he a bit pushy? Maybe… but he never did anything without full consent of the other.

“You've been a drug lord and did business with the mafia in America.”

Baekhyun snorted. “You only forgot ‘Country’s Worst CEO’, got that title back in 2009. The drug lord is my favorite by the way, I could see myself doing that.”

“Doesn’t it bother you? All the lies?”

“It did in the beginning, but I’ve learned to deal with them. It’s mostly just people who are jealous that spread these lies about me.”

“I don’t think I could do that.”

“That’s because you’re young Sehun. I was about your age when I became CEO, the first few times I read lies about myself I went to my dad and cried. But I need to warn you. The news that I had a fight with my former assistant has probably already spread throughout the whole city, believe me when I say that their eyes are already on you the moment you stepped inside of this building. What I'm wondering though, if you knew all these ‘facts’ about me, then why did you apply?”

“Because I don’t believe you’re like that. You seem like a good man.”

Baekhyun let out a laugh and quickly turned around when someone else was laughing behind him.

“Baekhyun a good man? That's the worst joke I've heard all year. This must be the new guy.”

Baekhyun nodded “This is Oh Sehun. Sehun, this is Kim Junmyeon, our COO”

“Or rather known as the guy who keeps Baekhyun from making stupid decisions.” Junmyeon said with a laugh.

Sehun immediately stood up and bowed towards Junmyeon.

“Ooh well mannered, like it already. And I’m sorry I interrupted the two of you but I need to talk to you for a moment.” he said, turning to Baekhyun.

“Uhm yeah sure.” Baekhyun could take Sehun with them but he knew Junmyeon had always preferred private talks with him “Sehun, why don’t you go upstairs, back to the office. I’ll drop Jongdae a message to pick you up there and show you around the rest of the building.”

“Sure, I’ll go there right now.”

The two watched the new intern hop to his feet and hurry out of the canteen.

“Did he just drink too much coffee this morning or is he really that excited?” Junmyeon said with his eyebrows raised.

“It's a good thing right? He's motivated, I like him already.”

“I bet that's not the only reason why you like him.”

“What do you mean?”

Junmyeon smirked “I saw you stare at his when he walked off.”

 

 

Later that day Baekhyun sat in his office, finishing up his last bit work for the day when the door opened and Jongdae walked in with Sehun following suit.

“We’re done, I showed him everything.”

“Thanks Jongdae, you can leave now.”

When Jongdae left the room, Sehun wanted to sit down but Baekhyun kept him from doing so. “You can go too.”

“W..what?” Baekhyun saw Sehun freeze, face full of fear and Baekhyun realised he might have used his words wrong.

“I mean that you can go home for today because I actually planned to go home early today too. But tomorrow morning I have a meeting on the other side of the city. You should come with me.”

“Where is it?”

“You don’t have to worry about that, I’ll pick you up at eight. Wait, let me give you my number so you can text me your address.” Baekhyun grabbed a pen and started looking for a piece of paper to write on.

“Uhm Mr. Byun, there are business cards on the table right there.”

Baekhyun looked to where the younger was pointing “Ooh these, that one is for business matters. I’ll give you my private number.”

Baekhyun quickly wrote down his number and handed it to Sehun, who blushed a bit from their hands making slight contact.

“Thank you. I’ll text you later and make sure I’m ready tomorrow morning.”

“Great. I think you’re going to do well in this company Sehun, you left a good first impression today. Now go home and get your deserved rest, tomorrow is gonna be a long day.”

 

a/n let me know if you guys are excited or not :)