08:

Saved by an Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm spending my whole day in the library with my research paper partner and since we've gotten here she hasn't talked to me at all. Well, she talks if it's about our work but other than that, nothing more. It's not that I want to have long chit-chats with her or know her deeply, I just want to at least clear the 'stranger' aura around us since we're going to work together.

 

I looked at her as I boredly flip the pages of a book, familiarizing myself with her face. She has a long black hair with bangs, profound cheekbones, poited nose, small lips, and a model-like body— wait, is she a model or something? I know I've seen her somewhere, I just don't remember where. TV ad? Magazine? 

 

I was startled when she suddenly looked at me, shoot I was caught gawking at her. I immediately played innocent, acting as if I'm busy with the book that I'm playing with earlier " if you don't mind... " I looked at her when she suddenly talked " can you stop staring at me? It makes me feel very conscious " she shyly said.

 

She didn't say it in a rude way, in fact, she sounded so embarrassed and insecure about herself. I should be the one feeling embarrassed though.

 

I faked a cough to clear the awkwardness between us " Yuju, right? " I asked her and she nodded her head as her response " I'm Sowon " I friendly introduced myself.

 

" I know, you're pretty popular in the university " she smiled " almost everybody knew who you are. It's quite nice talking to you this up close, you're really pretty " she suddenly complimented me making me feel more embarrassed.

 

" you are pretty yourself too! " I awkwardly complimented her back, that came off pretty weird but I'm telling the truth, she is pretty! 

 

She giggled softly and suddenly offered her hand " it's nice meeting you " I happily accepted it and shook her hand but immediately let go when the tattoo on my wrist suddenly felt like burning. I remember where I saw her!

 

" are you okay? " she worriedly asked when I suddenly pulled my hand away. I immediately nodded my head when she's about to reach for me again and apologized for my sudden behavior before excusing myself to go to the bathroom.

 

I quickly removed my wristwatch, revealing the bracelet like tattoo that has reddened once again but this time, it took a minute for it to come back to normal. It took a minute for me to be relieved from the pain that it caused, my breathing got back to normal as the pain fades away.

 

I remember that girl, she's the one who I bumped into last time and this thing happened too when our skin touched. What's happening? What the freaking hell was that? 

 

" are you okay? " she worriedly asked when I got back from the bathroom. I nodded my head and smiled at her to ease her worry.

 

We started to work again but the questions on my mind kept on distracting me— I looked at her, observing her to figure out what the hell is happening to me whenever we have contact. Why does it send me pain whenever our skin touches and why does it look I am the only one experiencing the pain? She looks just fine.

 

" you don't okay at all " I turned away when she caught me looking at her once again " should we do this some other time? Well, we've done pretty much everythi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter