23:

Saved by an Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm laying down beside Sowon unnie. The sun is starting to go up and the sunlight is slowly entering our room.

 

Unnie's still asleep, I smiled at myself as I look at unnie's face. I lifted my hand to shade unnie's face from the sunlight. I don't want unnie to wake up from her deep sleep, she looks so beautiful, peaceful and fragile right now.

 

She's so cute, having those strands of hair laying on her cheeks, her face being pressed upon her favorite pillow, her feet slightly sticking out of the blanket because she's too tall to fit in it and her long lashes effortlessly doing its job on making her beautiful.

 

" I might melt if you stare at me like that " I was shocked when she spoke— she's already awake!?

 

" you should wake me up if you want to stare at me so I can stare back at you, don't you think it's fair that way? " she said as she slowly opens her eyes, adjusting her vision on the brightness of the morning.

 

My heart is fluttering as our gazes met, she's so beautiful. I sometimes ask myself if she's really a human being, she looks more angelic that I am. It would be great if she's really an angel, we can go back to heaven together after all of this mess and live a beautiful life up there together. I need that kind of twist in my life right now.

 

I immediately buried my face on my pillow, I am pretty sure my face is looking like a ripe tomato right now. 

 

" wae? " she chuckled at my reaction and gently caressed my back. If I am my old self, I might have flinched when she touched my back but my body has already gotten so familiar by her touch to the point that I now love it when she touches my back. Only she can touch me without making me feel harmed and only her touch is what my body accepts.

 

" My once dry heart like sweet rain that fell in me, like the sunlight that shines on me " I slowly lifted my head when she started to softly sing. She has her eyes on me... all I can see in her eyes is me... only me...

 

" You melt me, baby. All of the cold wind goes away and you came to me like the warm spring rain " my tears are suddenly forming at the corner of my eyes.

 

Unnie panicked when I started to cry " ya, I don't really have the nicest voice but you don't have to cry... why is my angel crying? " she asks and pulled me closer to her. 

 

She loves me so much and I really do too, but our fate is just impossible to meet. I want to stay by her side forever, I want to grow old with her, hold her hand as we walk to the path that we want to walk in... but everything is impossible right now. It's breaking my heart as our time is slowly ticking off and we cannot really do anything about it.

 

" stop crying... you're making me feel bad now " she chuckled and gently wiped my tears off.

 

" I love your voice unnie " I said while still sobbing.

 

" araso, I'll sing for you more often then " she said, assuring me that she'll sing for me once again, but that promise makes me want to cry even more— how can I hear your voice once again if we'll be apart? " but if you keep on crying, I'll never sing for you again " I slowly nodded my head as I calm myself down.

 

I'm well aware that I only have one week and a few days to stay by her side. I'm always telling myself that I should get myself ready for my departure, but every time I think about it, my heart just refuses to accept it. My heart is breaking into pieces by just thinking about it... how will my heart do if the day has come? 

 

" unnie do you want to go out? " I asked her. She frowned at me because she knows that I would rather stay at the house than go out, but nonetheless a smile creeps out of her lips when I asked her that.

 

" where do you want to go? " 

 

I shrug " anywhere... anywhere as long as I'm with unnie " I saw her cheeks redde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter