20:

Saved by an Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The night sky is really bright today, the stars are crowding around the full moon. It's already quarter past twelve and unnie's fast asleep in the room. I went out of her room so I can refrain myself from acquiring her energy. She's getting mad whenever I do this so I make sure to get back beside her once she's going to wake up.

 

My days with unnie is getting shorter and shorter as the moon goes down to end the day and as the sun goes up for a new day. I know I shouldn't give up but I also know that this is already the dead end for me and Sowon unnie so I can't help but think of a way on how I can still watch for her even I'm already far away from her.

 

As a sinner like me, I'm not hoping for Him to grant me another chance and better treatment. Well, I can already consider myself lucky with what He's asking me to do as part punishment for all of the wrong things I did, all the troubles that I've caused and human beings that I've hurted— it will be too much for me to more.

 

I will not demand Him to give me a chance to be with Sowon unnie but I will wish for Him to keep a great eye over Sowon unnie. Well, I know that even I don't ask him to do so, He will do it because Sowon unnie is a great person. I am going to be happy and contented knowing my unnie's living a healthy and happy life that she deserves.

 

We might be going to be apart for now, but I know in time we will somehow meet again, maybe not that soon but I believe we will and if that time comes, our story will be what we wanted it to be. Living a normal life while being happy with each other's arms. I am going to patiently wait for that day to come but at least for now, while I'm away from her, I'll be contented from watching her smile in afar.

 

A warm embrace surprised me but a smile crept on my lips. I knew who it was from her warmth and fragrance, it's not hard to tell that it's Sowon unnie  " why are you here? " her embrace feels like a home to me, I will surely miss this. 

 

" why are you awake unnie? " I asked her back, leaning my body towards her as I gently caress her arms around my waist.

 

" I should be the one asking you that " she said as she rests her chin on my shoulder. She might be feeling uncomfortable since our height difference is really huge but I can't get myself to say that she shouldn't do that because having this feeling that she's leaning on me, it makes my heart flutter.

 

" I woke up because you're not by my side, it felt empty having the bed without you " she whispered in my ears. It tickled not only my ears but also my heart, her words never fail to make my heart flutter that it sometimes makes me wonder— how many girls did she date before I came into her life to make her this expert?

 

" didn't I tell you that you don't have to do this? I'm fine " she added. She might always assure me that she's fine but I don't believe her, giving someone your energy is not an easy thing to do or pleasing to feel. I just realized that when I was giving back my past owners' energy.

 

She gently turned me around to make me face her, she gave me a soft smile as her eyes glimmers— she didn't have to tell me aloud, I already know what she wants to tell me so I just smiled back to her " do you want to eat something? Since my sleepiness has already flown away, we can go the grocery store and grab some ice cream " she suggested.

 

I happily nodded my head and gave her a much brighter smile.

 

We changed our clothes into something more appropriate in public place. She got her keys and we drove to the nearest grocery store in our block. The store is nearly empty when we arrived, having only the cashier and some staffs. Well, it's already midnight after all, good thing it's open 24/7.

 

" strawberry? Vanilla? Or chocolate? " she asks as she takes out every tub of ice cream to make me choose.

 

I can't help but smile at the sight of her. She's wearing an oversized sweater making her look like she's not wearing any shorts, her hair is so long that it is almost touching her , but it really suits her so well.

 

I moved closer to her and removed some strands of hair covering her pretty face. She softly smiled and thank

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter