17:

Saved by an Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sky is especially gloomy today, it's cold and the apartment feels so empty because Sowon unnie is not around, she left to see a friend. I sighed at myself and stood up from the couch, I'm starting to get so used of Sowon unnie's presence that I already long for her even if it's just been half an hour since she left.

 

" I should busy myself as I wait for her " I murmur and went to grab the broom and dustpan.

 

Our house is still clean, but I'm getting bored so I should better just clean up again. As I sweep the floor, I started to hum along with the songs that Sowon unnie's always listening to. I am not really familiar with the lyrics or with the artists but I got familiarized by its melody because unnie's always listening to it.

 

" aish " I whined when I accidentally hit unnie's bag resulting for her things to spill over since it's open. I shut my eyes closed for a second out of frustration and sighed before deciding to pick her things up. In the midst of picking her stuff up, a book caught my attention— " mark of an angel " I softly read the title of the book.

 

I deeply frowned at myself and to my curiosity, I decided to pull a chair and see the content of it. I began to flip through the pages of it and I got the grasp of the content of the book, my hands started to tremble and my heart momentarily froze— since when?  I guiltily ask myself.

 

YERIN's POV

 

I'm waiting for Sowon unnie at our favorite cafe. We used to go here every time when we have free time, we will spend our whole day together here, just chatting, drinking and trying different frappes and surfing the internet since the wifi is free and incredibly fast. It's just lucky for us that there's no much customer in this cafe so we never experienced getting kicked out.

 

Last night, SinB and I had a talk regarding what I've heard last time at the hospital. I don't know if she has told me everything but I know for sure that she tried her best to tell me everything that she can. I feel bad for showing her that side of me last time but I'm thankful enough that she understands me. 

 

I clenched my teeth when I recall everything that SinB has told me, how foolish that angel is? How heartless can she be? All the things that Sowon unnie did for her are nothing but full of kindness, but she still dares to repay that kindness with trash. I can't imagine how an angel can be that way.

 

" did you wait for so long? You look mad now " I looked at Sowon unnie who has just arrived, my facial expression immediately went soft when I saw her face.

 

" not really " I smiled at her. 

 

Seeing Sowon unnie arrived, the waiter immediately came up to us " two club sandwiches, one blueberry pancake, one iced americano and one iced coffee vanilla " she didn't mind asking me what I like and just go on with ordering our foods. That's how well she knows me, I thought to myself. She knows everything I want, how I feel and how to handle me even without me saying it aloud.

 

" so, what are we going to talk about? " she rested her elbow on the table and smiled brightly at me like nothing happened last time. 

 

Looking at unnie, I can't really understand how Eunha can do such kind of thing to her. Sure, she might have not known how kind unnie is from the start so she did that, but in the span of time that she's been living with unnie, I know for sure that Eunha has already witnessed unnie's kindness. That's why I can't understand it, why does she still continue making unnie suffer and even risking unnie's life for her selfishness?

 

" you look beautiful today unnie " I complimented her. I saw her face flushed and frowned a bit " what do you want? Do you have any favor to ask me? " she suspiciously said as she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter