01:

Saved by an Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Loud music along with a great beat is taking over my body and mind. Everyone's grooving along with the lively music that the DJ is giving us. I am dancing with random people, grinding my body close to them, exchanging smiles and basically getting myself lost and free.

 

" Sowon unnie, we need to go! " I heard Yerin shout on my ears, but I kept my eyes closed and didn't respond. I pretended that I didn't hear her due to the noise and continued dancing through the beat.

 

" unnie! " I felt her warm breath over my ear and that seriously sent chills on my spine.

 

I looked at her and frowned " we just got here! " I screamed as I leaned my face on her ears so she can hear me loud and clearly.

 

Yerin is my neighbor since the day I can remember and of course, a friend of mine as well. We leave just across each other, our apartment is literally facing each other. She's a friend of mine who knows me too well to the point that I occasionally hate her when she deciphers my actions, feelings and even what's on my mind.

 

" SinB is alone in the apartment, I need to go now " she looked at me very troubled.

 

I stopped from dancing and stood still while looking at her with disbelief. I hate her for knowing too much about me and I also hate her for being so dense, missing the part of me that I desperately want her to know— why can't she see my feelings towards her? I ing like her, not just as a friend but a woman.

 

" she can manage herself " I seriously told her, feeling the bitterness on the tip of my tongue but despite stopping her to leave, she just managed to shook her head and gave me an apologetical look.

 

" I really need to go " she firmly said and there, I knew it, I can't possibly make her stay with me " I'll call for a driver so you can get back home safely " she said and taking every ounce of courage that I have in body right now, I grabbed her arm and looked at her desperately.

 

" it's my birthday " I softly said, I doubt she heard me. Seems like my courage is not enough to beg twice.

 

She looked at my hand that's gripping on her arm and slowly, my grip loosen up and completely letting her go " bye unnie! " she shouted and waved her hands at me and began walking away. I froze at where I am standing at as I watch her disappears on the crowd of people.

 

I sighed at myself— my mood is completely spoiled, I don't want to dance anymore. I made my way out, bumping to several people but I didn't take time to give an apology and just rushed outside the bar and when I reached the exit, the cold breeze of the wind welcomed me.

 

Rubbing my arms to keep myself warm " I smell awful " I whispered to myself when I smelled the reek of alcohol and cigarettes coming from my clothes.

 

It's my birthday today. I usually get excited when my birthday comes because that just means I can be with Yerin for a long time, hang out and have fun, but things have changed when SinB got into the picture, that angel. I don't know where the hell she got that angel, but one day she just suddenly came to me and introduced that girl who's looking like tofu for her white skin and a goddess for her perfect small face.

 

In this world we're living in, we live along with the angels or what they call human's slaves. They suddenly appeared out of nowhere, without knowledge of how to be alive in this world and humans being monsters that they are, they took advantage of those naive creatures and that's how angels ended up being slaves to the human race.

 

Humans deceive them. Making those stupid angels think that they are helping them live by feeding them, dressing them, providing a house that they can call their home and every basic necessity and angels failed to see the dark intentions on every good deed, turning a blind eye for their masters. 

 

It disgusts me whenever I see them. They are clinging with those old rich men, they allow their owners to hit them, they don't complain even their owners makes them do something disgusting and they just allow those filthy people to see them as an object that they can use.

 

It just doesn't make any sense— they just ruined my perception of an angel when I was a child. Angels in those fantasy books are very different from angels that are living with us.

 

" excuse me miss, are you lost? " I looked at those thugs who approached me. They have cigarettes stuck between their fingers, some teeth are gold and silver, tummy bulging out from their fitted button-up shirt and to sum it up, they are the people who you don't want to encounter at night time.

 

" do you want to go with us? " the other one said and attempted to touch my arm. I immediately avoided his filthy hands and slowly took steps away, being cautious on every move I take but it seems like they have no plan on leaving me alone.

 

My heart is beating very fast as they as they began to get closer to me, I kept a calm face despite the fear that's wilding out inside my body. I don't want to satisfy them by looking vulnerable, I don't want to look weak and let them think that they are on an advantage.

 

" miss, don't be shy " he said while having that annoying smirk on his lips  " we're kind people! " he beamed " c'mon let's go somewhere you can see the heaven, we just want to bring you to some sort of paradise " his eyes were screaming lust and desire, and right now, I'm very afraid for myself. .

 

I can't respond nor think straight of what I should do. I looked inside the club to search for help, but no one can see me for they are too busy with their own lives— where are you Yerin? My mind screamed for help to someone who has abandoned me, I pity myself.

 

" let's go now " he continued and grabbed my arm, but I harshly pulled it away from him. He looked at me scarily, he's getting impatient " you're playing hard to get! " he growled and threw his cigarette on the ground so he can grab me with both of his hands.

 

" le-let go of me! " I shouted in fear. My voice is already shaking as the fear creeps deeply into my body. My heart is beating damn fast due to the fear that I'm feeling, my mind is going blank, I'm starting to tremble and my eyes are starting to shed its tears.

 

" we just hit a jackpot " the other man exclaimed as he looks at me from head to toe as if he's already undressing me through those stares.

 

I tried hard to escape from the man who's holding me, but he's too strong for me and his hold is just getting tighter and tighter to the point that I think my arms are going to burst out like jello being squeezed.

 

Even how much I scream, no on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter