26:

Saved by an Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SINB's POV

 

" happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday Yerin unnie, happy birthday to you " 

 

" ya! " Yerin unnie interrupted me as I sing happy birthday to her. I chuckled at her reaction but continued finishing the song for her even she has this cute pout on her lips as a sign of annoyance for calling her 'unnie'.

 

" happy 28th birthday " I softly said and slightly moved the cake that I'm carrying closer to her. The annoyed face of her turned into a big smile and as she blows her candle. Everyone gave her a round of applause.

 

" happy birthday unnie " Umji said as she gives Yerin unnie a gift.

 

Yerin unnie warmly smiled at her and hugged her " oh, you're such a sweetheart. You didn't have to give me anything, but thank you anyways. Well, at least you have something for me unlike someone out there " I chuckled at what she said and held her waist. I know that statement is for me.

 

" oh, and by the way, where's Sowon unnie? " Yerin unnie asked. Right, I haven't seen Sowon unnie. She's usually late but isn't it proper to be at least be on time for her bestfriend's birthday party?

 

" she just texted me. She said that she's already on her way, something came up to her work so she's running a bit late " Umji answered.

 

" super late " I corrected her and she just giggled, agreeing to what I've just said.

 

Umji is Sowon unnie's current girlfriend. For some reason, Sowon unnie suddenly became Umji's girlfriend and as I know her history with Eunha, I am kind of sure that the reason behind that is because she sees Eunha in Umji. Though Umji is a pretty girl and a really kind person, she's definitely not hard to love. I don't know.

 

" that unnie is always late, you should get your girlfriend's mind straight " Yerin complained. 

 

Umji sighed " I've already bought her all kinds of watches unnie, but nothing really works. I have given up on the thought of Sowon unnie being on time "

 

" I am at the same age as Umji, but why can't I call you unnie? " I asked Yerin unnie, cutting between their conversation.

 

Yerin glared at me and Umji just chuckled at the both of us before waving her hands as a sign of goodbye.

 

" it's so irritating, it's like you're rubbing into my face that I'm old! Well, should I say that you're not my girlfriend anymore? Since Umji is not my girlfriend? " she raised an eyebrow at me.

 

" it's fine " I shrug and her eyes widened at my sudden response.

 

" ya! You're breaking up with me on my birthday!? " she exaggeratedly asked— this pabo really tends to overly react at some times, but her reaction to things are really lovely.

 

" pabo " I shook my head slowly. I smiled at her and let her waist go from my hold, I walked in front of her and took out a red small box from my pocket. I can see shock and confusion in her eyes, but as I open the small box, her tears began to fall down.

 

" Yerin, now that you're 28... would you like to settle down with me? Would you like to be with this childish human being in front of you for the rest of your life? " I asked her as my smile remains in tack on my lips— my heart is pounding like crazy, I'm not afraid that Yerin unnie would reject me, I'm just so excited with the idea of marrying this wonderful girl.

 

I've been dreaming about this moment since day one and I can't believe I'm doing it now, kneeling in front of her and asking for her to marry me, this feels surreal. I can clearly remember our late night talks on how she wanted to get married at the age of 28 when I was still an angel. She would continuously tell me the things she wants to do in the future including the age she wants to be when she gets married.

 

" are you going to let me wait for a very long time here? " I asked her again when she became silent.

 

She slightly hit my shoulder " I hate you but yes, I'll marry you, silly " she mumbled. 

 

" I love you too " I said as I put on the gold ring that I got for her.

 

I stood up and hugged her, she's crying on my shoulder as I chuckle and pats her back— I'm tearing up also due to the happiness but I'm not going to cry very hard right now, I'll just save it for our wedding day when we exchange our vows.

 

We can hear the shouting of our close friends around us but right now, what matters the most is just us.

 

" stop crying, it makes it look like I just forced you to say yes " I jokily said.

 

" how'd you know that I want to get married when I turn 28? Or is it just a coincidence? " I smiled at her question and shrugged my shoulders.

 

As I became a human, everything restarted for us, her memories got erased. No one in this world can remember that at some point in their lives they have met an angel, that angels have lived in this world for a very long time except for the angels who have chosen to be a human. Studies about angels, books, and information were gotten rid and suddenly disappeared in this world.

 

I was down when things turned out that way, but I tried hard to cope with everything and make Yerin fall in lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter