18:

Saved by an Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My thoughts got disrupted when the front door opened, I set my head up and saw Sowon unnie walking inside the house. I can't get myself to walk towards her, welcome her and give her a tight hug like I use to do every time she goes back home. My throat dried up when our eyes met, my heart feels heavy.

 

She walks towards me with those bright smile— how? How can you smile at me despite knowing everything? You're supposed to hate and throw me away! Why are you like this Sowon unnie? " did you already ate? " she brightly asked me but I didn't respond, I held the book that I found inside her bag tighter as I keep my eyes on her. 

 

She frowned at me and touched my forehead " is there anything wrong? Are you sick? Your temperature is just fine tho " she worriedly asked but still, I kept my mouth shut " Eunha... " she softly said and kneeled in front of me, she reached for my hands and there, she saw the book that I'm holding.

 

" you... " I bit my lip as I contain my emotions " you knew everything " I softly said. Guilt is eating me alive, I know saying sorry won't do anything, not even a little compromise.

 

" Eunha... " instead of leaving me, she continued on holding my hand like she always does.

 

" why? " I question her. I know I'm not in the place to question her but I'm really confused, I don't get why " you knew it all along, but why? Why are you still keeping me by your side? " tears are building up in the corner of my eyes, my hands are trembling inside her hold. I'm not criticizing her for being a foolish human being, I'm blaming myself for being an idiot that I can be.

 

She held my face and the moment I felt her warmth, my tears began falling down uncontrollably " I already told you didn't I? " she warmly smiled at me " I love you " I can hear her sincerity and my heart began to wild out " isn't that enough reason on why I decided to keep you by my side? " she gently wiped my tears away, drying my wet cheeks with her thumb while looking at me like I'm the best thing that has ever happened to her— I don't deserve this, I don't deserve her.

 

I shook my head and removed her hold from me. I don't want her to hold me any longer because the longer she holds me, the more damage I can give to her.

 

She looked so taken aback by what I did " Eunha... " she tried to reach for me once again but I just pushed her away from me— I can't keep on harming her.

 

" stop it unnie " I pleaded " I am harming you, can't you see that? I'm the one who's causing you pain so, please! Stop being by my side, stop doing this to yourself " my voice cracks as my sobs get into the way. I'm crying my eyes out, cursing and blaming myself for everything— I wish I have met Sowon unnie sooner, I wish she's the one who found me on that snowy day. I wish I was a better angel when she found me.

 

Sowon unnie looks so pained while looking at me but she didn't dare to leave me alone " I can't undo the incantation that I've put on you, as long as our we are together your energy will be transferred to me " I explains to her " I don't want to harm you unnie, I don't want to cause you pain anymore " she shook her head continuously and immediately reached for my hands, I tried pushing her away but she didn't budge away.

 

She's kneeling down in front of me as she looks desperately at me— I bit my lip, I should be the one kneeling down, desperately asking for forgiveness and pleading " don't tell me you're going to leave me Eunha " she tightens her hold on my hands " I know that a human can give an angel its energy for a good time span of three months. I've just given you my one and a half month Eunha, I can still you give more " the fear on her eyes are making me weak " Don't leave me " she pleads.

 

Her tears are starting to come out of her eyes as well, we're crying as we look at each other. What kind of ill-fated faith is this? " you don't understand me unnie! " I can't help but to raise my voice " as long as we're together you will suffer and unnie, you don't deserve any of it— what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter