13:

Saved by an Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Start of Eunha's POV

 

Long lashes, soft fair skin, long brown hair, pointed nose, and comforting warmth. I'm staring at my fifth owner's face.

 

I didn't plan on having a contract with her, making her my fifth owner and dragging her into this mess. It just happened. I found her that night when my fourth owner has gone insane and decided to beat me to death and this girl's life is in danger, one look from her eyes and I knew it, she is pretty naive and so I thought to myself that maybe it's time to change my owner.

 

I don't really choose whoever I do contract with, I even prefer a human who will treat me like I am an object to throw because it's better that way, I don't need to feel any guilt about what I'm doing. I devour human energy to fulfill my desire to go back to heaven. I can't stay on earth any longer for I have an utter disgust about humans. If I can't go back to heaven then maybe it will be much better if I end my life right now.

 

I am a sinner and I am aware that I don't deserve being treated warmly.

 

I was once a pure angel, but that title ended when my first owner loathed me for something that I didn't do, for something that I absolutely have no control with. It was very painful, it felt very unfair. It was the worst feeling that I've ever felt in my whole existence. Due to that, I decided to run away from her and fulfill her desire to kick me out of her life.

 

Since then, my goal started— I have to go back to heaven by all means.

 

On midst of pondering about things, I found myself momentarily froze up when Sowon unnie suddenly wrapped her arms around me, pulling me closer towards her. I took a peek to see if she's fully awake but her eyes are still shut close. 

 

The more our skin touches, the more I can have her energy, but why do I feel like I don't want it? It's my goal to devour as much energy as I can on every human yet right now, I don't want it anymore. An angel can devour human energy for at least five hours a day in only three months and if that exceeds their life can go in danger.

 

I gently tried to remove her arms around me. For the past weeks, I've been exceeding that five hours limit and if this continues I'm afraid she might...

 

" Eunha? " she called for my name with half opened eyes. My lips immediately formed a smile when I saw her waking up, it's my job to smile at my owners but oddly, I don't feel obliged to give Sowon unnie a smile, it just comes automatically in me.

 

" good morning unnie " I brightly greeted her.

 

" I dreamt of you " she said as she gives me lovingly gaze, those eyes are very breathtaking to look at.

 

Sowon unnie lifted her hand and started to softly caress my hair. For the past years I've never felt something like this, I thought I would never feel this kind of warmth ever again. Her warmth is very comforting and her gentle touch is effortlessly melting my heart— I know I shouldn't be feeling this way towards her because I can't be with her forever, I can't...

 

" what am I like in your dreams unnie? " I asked her.

 

She hummed softly " in my dreams, you had your wings out and you're in a beautiful white long dress, you look so beautiful and radiating. You're in heaven and the smile on your face is priceless " she said and her hands slowly went to my back. I freaked out for a second, but my body relaxed when I felt the warmth of her hand.

 

She paused for a second and I noticed her smile fade away as her fingers started to draw circles on my back " but I can't make myself smile as I was looking at you in that dream because you felt so far away towards me. I can't reach you from where I am standing at, I hate that feeling " she said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter