12:

Saved by an Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm looking very unusual from my everyday look, today, I'm on my high heels and expensive dress. Today is my father's birthday and I have to attend his party as his daughter— I need to, I'm obliged to.

 

" ija " one of my aunties saw me and immediately, a smile on her face appeared. I smiled back and politely greeted her although I can sense how fake she is from the moment I saw her smile. I really hate attending family gatherings or any party that involves seeing any of my relatives— I couldn't address them as my own family, the proper word would probably be 'business partners'.

 

" you've grown into a fine woman " she said while looking at me from my head to toe and gently caressing my hair. I almost puked by that sudden contact, I am pretty sure she's judging me behind those compliments. My relatives from my father's side are full of plastics— I'm not being rude, I'm just stating the fact.

 

The party started with a speech from my father with his fiancee standing beside him, that girl is just 6 years older than me. I want to puke whenever I see them together, she can pass as my sister, but how the hell did she become my soon-to-be stepmother? It's just a plain bull-crap.

 

" thank you for attending my party " dad casually said when he saw me. I just nodded my head and avoided his gaze, pretending to be busy with my glass of champagne " when will you go back home? " he asked and I chuckled a bit from his question. Hearing 'home' from him, it sounded like a big fat joke.

 

" what should I say... umm... when you can afford to offer me that 'home' that you're talking about? " I smiled at him " and how can you ask me that? I feel embarrassed talking about it with while your soon-to-be wife is watching us " I chuckled a bit " but well, If you don't have that girl in your house maybe... maybe there will be one percent chance that I'm going back to that house— I'll reconsider " I said while looking straight at his so-called soon-to-be wife.

 

" watch your words " he sternly said and I saw my father gritted his teeth out of anger. I smirked at him— is he going to hurt me like he did with my mother?

 

" I'll get going now, you seem to be mad now. I won't spoil your night any longer, happy birthday father " I said and even slightly bowing my head before turning my back at him to walk away but my trails stopped when I heard him shout—

 

" you're like your mother! You two are useless! Your mother left me for that angel and now you're acting like a useless daughter! " I turned my back to look at him— he's insane, making a scene on his birthday party with a lot of people watching us. I can only laugh at him inside my mind, the clownery.

 

" I'm proud that my useless mother left your jerk — and I guess, uselessness really runs in our blood because out of the three of us, you're the most useless one " I calmly said, I wasn't sure if he heard me or not. I didn't wait for him to answer me back " ing mess " I murmur to myself as I shook my head and finally left the place. 

 

My family is a complete mess. My father is a strict person with a violent personality, he thinks very highly of himself that every person who will go against him will surely taste his wrath and that personality applies even with my mom and I. On the contrast, my mom is a naive person who never complains about every bruise and wound she's been receiving from my father.

 

Adding to the fact that my parents are a mess, my relatives are plastic and greedy for money. My family is really... I hate being in this family.

 

My hope about having a happy and normal family was shattered into pieces when my mother has given up. She ran away with an angel, it was just a rumor running around our family, but I think it's true. I am happy that she finally decided to run away from my father's hands, but I also hate her for leaving me alone with my insane father. I hated them damn much

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter