14:

Saved by an Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I am quietly walking back home with my empty heart. It's already late and unnie's probably already at home by now but even knowing the fact, I can't get myself to walk faster than I am already doing now. I want to home but my mind and body won't cooperate with me. My mind is clouded by thoughts and filled with memories from my past.

 

Today is my first owner's birthday. Even I've already turned my back at her, I am always watching her from afar. Every now and then, I'm always there on every occasion that's special for her— when she graduated from high school, on every competition she joins in to cheer on her and I am always wishing her a happy birthday every year without a fail. I am used to loving her from afar because I know I have no place left near beside her.

 

I can clearly remember how our relationship started and how it got ruined as if it just happened yesterday. 

 

It was a snowy day back then, I only had thin clothes to keep my body covered up, I would tightly embrace myself to somehow keep myself warm. I am still adapting to the new world that I am in back then, I have no fellow angels beside me to help me survive that moment for they already had found their owners. Out of the angels that I knew, I am the only one who refuses to have an owner not just because I don't want to— but because I haven't met a human who I would like to serve and dedicate my life to.

 

" I'm hungry " I whined as I continue to walk down the icy road without anything to protect my feet. My feet were freezing and nearly going numb, but I continue to walk down the road. I have no idea on where I am right now or where I am heading to, but there's one thing on my mind— I have to eat.

 

A tap on my shoulder made me turn my head to that certain someone  " excuse me " she had a beautiful smile on her face as she looks at me, her long black hair is getting covered up the snow as we exchange looks. The girl has that cute eyes and warm smile.

 

" umm... " she shyly scratches her head " I noticed that you don't have anything on your feet to protect it from the cold snow, your feet must be freezing right now " she concernedly said " I've been following you for like half an hour now, but you just kept on walking around like you have no place in mind to go to " she continued.

 

" ummm " my forehead creased. How should I answer? I don't really know her.

 

" oh! I'm sorry, I should have introduced myself first " she exclaimed " I am Yuju, I'm a grade eight student " she took off her knitted gloves and handed me her right hand. I doubted whether I should accept it or not but even with doubt, I end up shaking her hand and that short contact made my heart melt, her hand feels so warm and nice.

 

" how about you? What's your name? " she asked, slightly tilting her head. I didn't know what to say for I have no name, angels don't have a name. Angels just knew each other by their faces and we don't really need to have one in heaven.

 

" I-I don't have one " I softly answered which made her frown at me.

 

" ummm... then let me ask you a different question " she said and I just nodded my head " do you have somewhere to go to right now? " she asked and I shook my head as a response " just what I've thought " she murmurs as she sighs.

 

She kept quiet for a moment like she's thinking about something and after a couple minutes, she suddenly removed her scarf from her neck and quickly wrapped it around me. I was stunned by what she did but she just smiled warmly at me once again " then c'mon and let's go to my home " she brightly said and gently held my hand to pull me towards the way to her home.

 

I didn't say a word and just followed her lead.

 

A smile crept on my face when I remembered that day, that snowy white day. It's one of the most memorable moments that I had in this world, it's too precious to the point that I wished that didn't end or that day will just keep on repeating over and over again. Home— it was the most beautiful thing that I've ever heard from the moment I've sent down here in the world of humans.

 

" Eunbi! Eunbi! " I looked at Yuju who's happily chanting the name that she's given me. She's more excited than I do and it makes me very happy to see her that lively.

 

She sat beside me and softly looked at me " it's a name that I wanted my sister to have if ever I might get one, but I'm giving it to you now. Do you like it?  " she asked me with a hint of worry in her eyes.

 

It's been weeks since the day she brought me to her house, her parents warmly accepted me because Yuju insisted so hard for me to be able to stay and quick enough, they agreed on it. They are very kind people, very different from those who I met back then when I was wandering around alone.

 

" I don't mind it " I answered her as I shrug.

 

She pouted at me " you should like it, it's your name afterall " she said and so I smiled at her and nodded my head. If she says that I should then I will.

 

" okay, but you know, I like it because it is you who gave it to me " I said. Well, it's nice to have my own identity in this world— Eunbi... it's beautiful.

 

It felt like I was reborn that day, my happiness is overflowing, but for the first time, I felt the fear when they disc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter