The Telekenetic

Hunt

It takes him a while to figure out which way his best friend went, but Younghyun eventually catches up to him.

"Hyung!" He places his hand on Jae's shoulder making the older boy instantly feel calmer. "I've been looking for you."

"Younghyun... I'm really sorry... I've been so stressed lately, I can't-"

"There's nothing to be sorry about. It's okay! We all have our bad days. Why don't we just forget about today?" Younghyun says with some cheer in his voice, but it doesn't convince Jae, nor himself. He sighs deeply, tucking his hands in his pockets. "I should be the one to apologize for forcing the group to go out."

"There you go again. Haven't I already told you to stop being too hard on yourself? You're really going to make me say a sappy speech aren't you? Younghyun, you have no idea how thankful we are for you. Even the landlady's thankful for you." Jae claps his friend on the shoulder.

This makes Younghyun laugh despite himself. "Thanks-"

Jae! Younghyun!

Their conversation is interrupted by Sungjin's worried voice filling their consciousness.

Come home this instant! Run if you have to! Wonpil had a vision. Two black vans and men running after the both of you. Run! Home! Now!

"Wonpil... He told me... Oh ! Hyung, we have to run!"

Younghyun feels panic taking over Jae beside him. He wants to start moving, make a headstart, but his feet feels like they've been anchored to the ground. He takes in a deep breath in an attempt to settle his nerves before Jae's emotions could completely influence him. Not wasting another second, he grabs ahold of his best friend's hand, feeding him emotions of hope, every ounce he can find in him.

"Let's go!" he urges.

++++++

"Here! Let's pass by this alley!" Younghyun says as they continue running, every shortcut crucial at this point. 

"No! Not there, that's a dead end! It's the next alley that's the short cut." 

Jae pulls on Younghyun's hand, taking the lead, as the momentary confusion slows them down.

Just as they are about to cross a street, two black vans make a screeching halt, one beside them and another infront, blocking their path.

"Hyung..." Younghyun whispers in fear as the doors begin to open. 

"Run!"

Jae curses when he looks back and sees men carrying weapons. He's quick to put up a protective barrier, but not as quick as he would have wanted. Pain shoots through his arm as he completes the invisible force field behind them.

"." His arm begins to feel numb, but he doesn't stop running. He's even able to flip the men's weapons out of their hands.

In a matter of seconds, the effects of the tranquilizer spreads throughout his body. Jae stumbles to the ground, his barrier disintegrating. 

"Jae!" Younghyun cries out when he feels his friend disappear beside him. He looks back in panic only to find out that he's farther away from Jae than the men chasing them.

"Hyung!"

"Go! I'm right behind you!" Jae shouts back. He tries to get back on his feet, but heavy boots weigh him down, heels digging into his back.

"Give him another dose. He's dangerous." He hears another man order.

Someone pushes his face to the ground, pinning him down further, as if drugging and trapping him like an animal weren't enough.

He sees a glimpse of a syringe but he doesn't bother struggling nor fighting back, knowing his actions would only be futile. He'd come to accept his imminent demise, but what he won't forgive himself for, is if his best friend would end up in the same fate.

"No!" Younghyun screams when he sees what the man is about to do. He runs towards his friend but there's a force field stopping him from coming any closer. 

"Jae, no! Take this down!"

At that same moment, Sungjin communicates with him.

Younghyun where are you? I can't reach Jae!

The silence is enough to confirm the leader's fear.

You have to leave! We can't help him if you'll get caught too! Save yourself, Younghyun! We will find Jae! I promise you!

"No hyung... No! I can't leave him!" Younghyun pushes against the invisible wall but the barrier only pushes him farther away until it finally disintegrates as the telekenetic loses consciousness.

"Get him!" shouts one man as the others drag Jae into the van.

Fearlessly, Younghyun runs towards Jae's captors. But it only takes a kick to the gut and he's down on the ground. As he struggles to get up, his assailant approaches him, stepping on his chest, syringe in hand.

"You could have saved yourself."