Angels

Hunt

A nice cool breeze sweeps his face; in the distance he hears a sweet voice humming his favorite song. He opens his eyes, but the bright light makes it too uncomfortable. He tries to shift from his lying position, but his body feels too heavy. He searches his memories.

"A-Am I d-dead?" Wonpil stutters. He remembers the sound of a gunshot and then pain, so much pain. A tear escapes his eye. He starts crying before he even knows it, regretting how he wasn't able to say goodbye to his friends.

"H-Hyung... D-Dowoon... so-sorry," he whispers, even if he knows none of his friends are going to hear him.

The humming stops and a few moments later there's murmuring around him. Someone wipes his tears and then there's a familiar voice telling people to be careful. He squints, someone resembling an angel is approaching. Before he knows it, the said angel has jumped on top of him.

"YAH! PARK JAE HYUNG! I TOLD YOU TO BE CAREFUL! DO YOU PLAN ON KILLING HIM?!"

Wonpil recognizes the voice easily, no one else but Sungjin tells off people that way. And the person he had mistaken as an angel, is in fact, not an angel, but Jae, almost an angel if only the older boy didn't hate him so much.

"O-Ouch! H-Help!" Wonpil cries out clutching his waist where he was shot. 

"Stop overreacting. You're completely healed and obviously conscious now, so move over! I wanna lie down," Jae says, pushing Wonpil aside. 

"Hyung, how are you feeling?" It's Dowoon who's sitting at the edge of the bed, smiling brightly but obviously teary eyed.

"We were worried about you, it took you a while to wake up," Sungjin says.

"Jae hyung! Stop bothering Wonpil! Make yourself useful and help me with this."

Younghyun enters the room bringing a tray filled with food. Wonpil immediately tries to sit up, famished.

"He gets the largest bed and even gets food delivered," Jae grumbles giving Wonpil a fake smile as he helps him sit up. Wonpil smiles back slyly and they share a laugh. 

"It's good to have you back!" Jae clapping his friend on the back firmly.

"Younghyun hyung, thank you." 

"For?" Younghyun smiles sweetly at Wonpil as he arranges the food on top of the bed tray.

"Healing me."

"Um, that... I didn't heal you." There's a long pause as Younghyun sits beside Wonpil. "Well, I... You remember how these powers aren't really mine? So, I couldn't heal wounds as deep as those you sustained. I'm sorry about that."

"What are you saying hyung?" Dowoon butts in. "Younghyun hyung took away your pain since he couldn't physically heal you. Even Jae hyung did his best to help."

Jae narrows his eyes at Dowoon warning him to stop.

"He wrapped you with a barrier and said-"

"OKAY! That's enough! Thank you Dowoon for your blow by blow account of the recent events," Jae interrupts, jumping over Wonpil to tackle Dowoon.

Sungjin returns to nagging as the two run around the room.

Wonpil can't remember the last time he'd seen everyone this way. 

"Hyung," Wonpil places his hand over Younghyun's. "I missed this." His eyes glistened with tears, happy tears.