The Glass Room

Hunt

The man is standing in a large room looking up at the entire height of a glass enclosure located within the room. He raps on the glass to check its strength. "Very good," he says. Someone approaches him, whispering something in his ear.

"Teleportation," the man says as if he were trying to digest every letter. "I will see that for myself."

The scene fades into Dowoon and Jae inside the glass room.

Dowoon pounds his fists against the glass wall. The sound reverberating through the room. 

"Use your powers Dowoon! Use it!" the voice taunts.

The scene fades again and Wonpil wakes up with a start.

"Wonpil are you okay?"

"Jae hyung! I-I had a vision!" Wonpil panics. "They've found out that you can teleport! I-I saw Dowoon too, I-I think they know about what he can do. Hyung! What are we going to do?"

"What you had to do from the very beginning was to cooperate." It's the man who answers, entering their cell with a group of guards behind him. 

"Get Jae," the man orders as he answers a phone call. "Wait! Wait," he suddenly changes his mind, putting on a smile. He turns his phone on loudspeaker. "Kindly repeat what you just said, my friends here would love to hear it."

It's the voice of a woman, and the words that follow makes Jae and Wonpil's blood run cold.

"We detected increased activity in the blood cells of the other boys whenever Dowoon's blood was in close contact. We've run several tests and the results are consistent. It is most likely that he is also able to affect the others' powers in some way."

The man ends the call, with a grin on his face.

"This day just keeps getting better! Change of plans! Bring the other one too. I want all of them to be there for the show."

++++++

Jae and Wonpil are dragged blindfolded into a larger part of the facility. Wonpil begins to panic when he loses track of Jae's footsteps. He knows this is going to be the manifestation of his vision, but he wishes it were just another vision he'd wake up from.

Jae's blindfold is removed and he is shoved into a glass room. As his eyes adjust to the brightness, he sees through the glass Sungjin, Younghyun and Wonpil, on their knees, blindfolded and their hands bound behind their back. 

"Where's Dowoon?! What did you do to him?!" Jae shouts at the man.

"Good question. Why don't we ask your boyfriend here?" The man grabs a handful of Younghyun's hair. "Why don't you enlighten all of us with how the three of you escaped. Oh no, my bad. I should say almost escaped."

 

"Help! Someone help me! Dowoon wake up!" Sungjin cried loudly as he cradled Dowoon in his arms.

A guard entered demading to know the cause of the commotion. 

Sungjin looked into the guard's eyes. "Protect my brother at all costs."

The guard's iris glowed with a golden hue then returned to it's original dark brown color. "I-I will," the guard said almost as if reluctantly. 

"Hyung... i-it worked! Your guess was right! You can control people!"

"Dowoon, I don't know how long this is going to last so we better get going," Sungjin didn't bother telling his brother he had a vague recollection of controlling animals when he was little. He told himself he would reserve all the storytelling for when they were back at home, safe and sound.

"Bring us to Kang Younghyun. Find the safest way and remember your top priority is to protect my brother," Sungjin ordered the guard once again.

The guard was able to navigate them safely through the facility until they reached the white room.

"His guards will be here soon. Hurry," the guard spoke monotonously.

"Sungjin hyung! Dowoon!"

Sungjin and Dowoon quickly busied themselves removing Younghyun's restraints. Speaking in a hushed voice, Dowoon excitedly told him of his brother's ability to control people.

"Hyung, I think I can help trigger your real powers," the younger boy said as they helped Younghyun up.

"Younghyun it'll give us the upper hand if you can start using them again," Sungjin added. "But first, let's get out of here."

When they reach a forked path, Sungjin stopped.

"Dowoon you need to escape," he said looking Dowoon in the eyes. 

“H-Hyung, a-aren’t we going together? W-We're going to go find Jae hyung and Wonpil hyung, aren't we?”

“Get my brother safely out of here. Bring him somewhere safe,” Sungjin ordered the guard. He felt the guard’s pockets and took a pocketknife.

“Hyung?”

“For emergency purposes.” Sungjin handed the knife to Younghyun, ignoring his brother.

“Hyung!” Dowoon shouted this time, not caring about the possibility that there could be other people around.

“Dowoon you need to go now!”

"N-No... I'm not going without you hyung!"

Sungjin nodded at the guard. The guard grabbed Dowoon's hand. The boy tried to shake him off, but his grip was firm.

"Dowoon, don't look back."

The younger boy tried to resist the push, but he eventually found himself running away, unable to take a last glance at his brother and his friend.

 

" you!" Younghyun replies sharply.

The man pushes him unceremoniously to the floor and kicks him until he cries out in pain.

"While, we're waiting for Dowoon, why don't you have a go at your new powers Jae?" 

Younghyun is pulled back to his previously upright position and his blindfold is removed, as with the rest.

"Hyung."

"Younghyun."

Sungjin and Wonpil can't do as much as struggle as they watch Younghyun breathing heavily, the man's hold on him is the only thing that's keeping him from falling down. Jae on the other hand is enraged, he had been pounding on the glass wall screaming profanities and threats at the man.

"Here's the deal Jae, teleport out of there and I'll leave your friend alone." The man punches Younghyun across the face, making him fall again.

"I-I can't do that! I can't teleport!" Jae says, his voice a mix of frustration and desperation.

"Why Jae? Why can't you do it?!" 

Jae doesn't answer.

"Well, I guess your boyfriend wouldn't mind taking the pain for your incompetence." The man raises Younghyun by the shirt and punches him again.

"No! Don't!"

Jae suddenly falls quiet, concentrating on Younghyun's location.

"Please teleport. Please teleport," he repeats in his head over and over, but to no avail. 

He shuts his eyes tighter giving it one last shot. He can hear Younghyun stifling cries as he was beaten. 

No! Not again! Not Younghyun! I need to teleport! I need to stop him!

When he doesn't even move an inch he returns to pounding on the glass wall, harder this time around. "It's me you want! Stop hurting him! You bastard!"

Just then, he hears a familiar voice, a scuffling of feet.

"D-Do-woon..."