Sunrise

Hunt

Sungjin actually decides to give Wonpil's request a shot. But instead of erasing memories he wanted to push something memorable about Wonpil in Jae's memory.

He pretends to be uninterested in their game of basketball and sits it out with Dowoon so he's able to concentrate on Jae, while he was playing with the rest.

When Wonpil accidentally hits Jae on the head with the ball, Sungjin finds his cue, he grabs a hold of Dowoon's hand. "Watch this."

"Yah! Wonpil!" Jae suddenly grabs Wonpil by the shirt.

"H-Hyung..." Wonpil looks like he's about to cry.

"Did you just touch my ?!" Jae says furiously. "I have a sharp memory, so don't you dare lie to my face!"

"W-What?"

Younghyun holds Jae's arm hoping to calm his anger. "He didn't touch you Jae. He hit you with a ball..." Younghyun's voice trails off as he glances towards the snickering noises by the trees. Dowoon was laughing with his brother. This was no doubt all Sungjin's fault.

You better fix this hyung, we have enough problems.

The laughter dies down and Jae finally lets go of Wonpil. 

"Wait, this feels like déjà vu," Jae says disoriented. He walks to the bleachers clutching his head where Wonpil had hit him. "Ugh, why does my head hurt?"

Younghyun walks the opposite direction, towards the brothers, leaving Wonpil standing alone in the middle of the court completely lost.

"Hyung of all the memories you could put in his head... Seriously, touching?" Younghyun says disapprovingly, but with a laugh nonetheless. Dowoon can't help but start giggling again.

"At least we know it works, both ways at that. I'm not sure how long this push would last but it'll definitely be enough if we need some form of diversion. The memory erasing looks like it works too. If Jae doesn't recover his memory of getting hit by the ball then it's a plus for Wonpil," Sungjin says proudly.

"So, who volunteers to be my next victim?" the leader asks eagerly, eyes sparkling. He locks eyes with Dowoon.

"H-Hyung.... No... Don't you dare!" Dowoon runs behind Younghyun.

"Dowoon you do realize that that's not gonna help right?" Younghyun playfully traps Dowoon, pushing him infront of Sungjin.

Laughter fills the air once again.

++++++ 

It's nearly midnight when Jae wakes up from his sleep. There's noise coming from the room next door.

"Pipe it down Kim Wonpil. People are trying to get some sleep here," he says groggily, kicking the wall separating the two rooms.

"H-Hyung... help me."

Jae's senses perk up. He remains in bed waiting to hear if Wonpil would speak again.

"Maybe he's just having a dream."

When he hears a loud thud, he quickly sits up. He hears running and then the voices of Sungjin and Dowoon. 

"Wonpil! Oh my god you're bleeding!"

Jae runs to Wonpil's room, stopping by the doorway.

"Call Younghyun! Where is he?!" Sungjin shouts at Jae.

In the darkness of the room, he can see Wonpil's sheets stained with a dark substance. He can't get himself to move any closer.

"This isn't happening... This isn't-"

"Jae what are you doing?! Call Younghyun!" 

Jae snaps out of his thoughts and quickly runs to find Younghyun. He started panicking as he tries to think where the other boy could be aside from his room at this hour. The music room. He wastes no time and teleports.

As soon as he steps into the room his heart sinks. It was too dark, Younghyun couldn't be in here.

Just then the lights turn on.

"HAAAAAAPPY BIRTHDAAAAAAY YOU!!!" 

Younghyun stands in the middle of the room holding out a cake, Wonpil with his red stained shirt is on the piano playing a birthday song. Dowoon continues to throw confettis on his head, while Sungjin stands by the light switch with a wide smile.

Jae's knees wobble and he falls to his knees, crying. 

Younghyun places the cake down safely on the piano and hurries to Jae. "Hyung, are you okay?"

"Hyung I think we scared him..." Dowoon says as he kneels down beside Jae.

Sungjin and Wonpil crowds around them concerned about the effect of their little surprise on the birthday boy.

As Jae sniffles he smells a distinct scent.

"Is t-that... YOU ING USED KETCHUP TO FOOL ME?!"

Jae's sobbing turns into laughter. It was more of a crying laugh really, nevertheless, the laughing made the other boys feel at ease.

"H-Hyung I swear I didn't agree to this." Wonpil tries to inch his way out of Jae's forthcoming wrath. Wonpil slowly backs away as Jae gets up looking murderous. He freezes when he realizes Jae had placed a barrier behind him--there was no way out.

"H-Hyung!" Wonpil's pleading eyes transfer from Sungjin to Younghyun. "Yah hyung! Tell him it was your plan!" 

Sungjin merely laughs.

"He's all yours hyung," Younghyun says cheerfully. "Happy Birthday!"

Wonpil shuts his eyes as Jae draws nearer. He whimpers, begging Jae to spare him.

"You guys are stupid! I'll never forget this day." 

Wonpil feels like passing out as something--someone--bumps into him, then there are arms wrapping him in an embrace. 

"A-Are you hugging me hyung?"

"No, I'm trying to stop the blood flow in your body."

Wonpil cries loudly as he hugs his friend back.

When all the birthday beatings had been given and all the cake eaten, the boys decide to spend the rest of the wee hours on the school's rooftop, waiting for the sun to rise.

"What would I do without you guys?" Jae says wistfully as the sun breaks over the horizon.