If You Can Save Me

Hunt

"You didn't seriously think that you'd be able to escape, did you?" The man mocks Dowoon, who's clearly too shaken that he hasn't moved at all since he was brought into the glass room, his eyes remained planted on the floor.

The moment Sungjin reads his brother's mind, he's horrified to see images of a dead body. The guard he had controlled was shot dead right infront of his brother. Sungjin can't help but want to launch himself at the man and kill him with his own hands.

"You bastard! You cold-blooded bastard!"

Dowoon finally moves, looking at his brother, his eyes filled with fear.

"Dowoon, do you think I'm a cold-blooded bastard?"

Dowoon looks away.

The man grabs Sungjin by the arm, forcing him to get up. He finally gets the reaction he wants as Dowoon takes a step as if preparing to run through the glass.

"Here's another trade-off. I want you to show me how Jae teleports and I'll let your brother go."

"Don't listen to him Dowoon!" Sungjin warns.

The man kicks Sungjin in the gut making him crumple to the ground.

Dowoon clenches his fist tight. "I don't know anything."

"Come on Dowoon. I had no idea you didn't value your brother's life." The man kicks Sungjin a couple of times before he crouches over him to check the bruises he had made on the boy's face. "Not enough..."

"Don't touch him!"

"Then use your powers Dowoon! Use it!" The man shouts as he raises Sungjin by his shirt.

Dowoon runs to the glass wall, pounding on it. The man notices Jae back away immediately. Now he's sure that Dowoon's the key to making Jae teleport. He immediately takes a gun and points it at the young boy. 

"NO!"

Jae acts on his instincts and quickly pulls Dowoon out of the way. He teleports right at the man, throwing a punch but he's too slow--the man's fist makes contact with him and knocks him down.

"Bring Dowoon to the lab!" the man orders the guards.

"Stand down!" Sungjin and Younghyun's voice booms through the room.

Most of the guards are affected by the push. They obey, stopping and standing still. Only a few are left trying to take down an enraged Dowoon. 

Younghyun's able to free Sungjin and himself amid the commotion, the older boy's bruises gone as if he were never beaten up.

"I said stand down!" Sungjin shouts again. The room falls silent as all the guards finally stop moving.

The man scans the room, his eyes widen in awe at Sungjin's new ability. He quickly grabs Jae, using him as a hostage.

"Try doing anything stupid and I'll kill him," he warns pointing the gun at Jae's head.

"No you won't!"

Jae uses his power to throw the gun across the room. He kicks the man hard on the shin and frees himself. Seeing the man doubled up in pain, he uses the opportunity to throw a punch and make such it lands.

Once. "That's for Younghun."

Twice. "For Sungjin."

Thrice. "For Wonpil."

A fourth time. "For Dowoon."

A fifth. "And this one's for me, you bastard!"

The man falls down. 

"Hyung that's enough. Let's go!"

Sungjin helps Dowoon out of the glass room and they all converge to Wonpil. Younghyun extends his hand and Wonpil takes it with mutual understanding. Slowly a crack begins to form on the wall expanding into a huge round portal. Everyone is speechless, even Wonpil himself who's technically seeing it for the first time can't believe what he's seeing.

"Jae hyung, I'm waaay cooler than you," he brags, unable to contain his excitement.

"Shut up!" Jae replies and silent laughter goes around among the boys. 

Sungjin and Dowoon goes through the portal first, Younghyun following behind them, pulling Jae along to stop the bickering.

Suddenly, the sound of a gunshot rings in the air.

"I'll find you! All of you! You won't be safe as long as I'm alive!" The man's threatening voice slowly fades as the portal closes.

Wonpil staggers towards his friends.

"Hyung..."

He collapses.

"Wonpil!"

The boys gather around their friend. Wonpil's breathing becomes laboured as blood pools from underneath him. Younghyun can't get himself to place his hands over Wonpil's wound. He's never seen this much blood before that his hands tremble in fear.

"Younghyun focus!" Sungjin grips the healer's shoulder tight. 

"H-Hyung... There's too much blood, m-my powers aren't strong enough. I've never done this before."

Wonpil grimaces from the pain. He mumbles, calling for his mom.

"I-I can at least try to lessen the pain he's feeling." Younghyun holds Wonpil's hand and allows the boy's pain to course through his body.

"And this is the most I can do for him." Jae wraps Wonpil's body with a barrier. "Wonpil you can't die, okay? You still have to do all the chores when we get home, right Sungjin?" He attempts to lighten things up just like how Wonpil would.

Wonpil's breathing steadies, the creases on his forehead lessen. Jae holds onto his hand.

"We need to ask for help," Dowoon says desperately. "Where are we anyway?" He looks around and recognizes the place immediately. "Hyung we're in the-"

"Welcome back to school," a female's voice echoes from the far end of the hallway.