The Plan

Hunt

Younghyun was already up before the sun even rose. Technically, he hadn't slept all night. He kept having bad dreams, one after the other. By the third time, he had woken up crying and he just gave up. 

He had been shooting hoops at the court for the past hour, and in that span of time, he hadn't managed to score a single shot. When the ball that missed the ring for the umpteenth time goes rolling off to the grass, he doesn't bother going after it, instead, he plops to the ground and fixes his gaze on a single cloud in the sky.

Younghyun wakes up from his reverie when a ball bumps his feet. He lifts his head and sees Jae standing by the basketball post.

"Dude, you're getting rusty," Jae says, sitting beside his friend.

Younghyun acknowledges him a small smile, not moving from his spot.

"I'm going to get rid of my powers," he says out of the blue.

"Are you sure?" Jae isn't completely surprised but he's still concerned about his friend's decision.

"At least the ones I've only found about. I'll keep my emapthic powers- No... I should return it to Sungjin hyung," he says as if it's nothing, but his eyes betray him.

"You were meant to have my powers Younghyun, you should keep it." Sungjin walks up to them, Dowoon and Wonpil walking alongside the leader.

"Just to make things clear I'm not destroying anyone else's powers," Younghyun says sitting up. "My mom doesn't know what she's saying, thinking our powers are the problem. It's those evil people after us who are the problem."

Younghyun's mom had left a note through his door the previous night. He didn't bother reading it, thinking it was just her saying goodbye and some other stuff moms tell their kids. He knows he hurt her, but she scarred him as well. He wants to be alone, he needs some time to think. He wasn't going to confront her again with messed up emotions, she's still his mother after all. He plans on dealing with those bunch of lunatics first and then he and his mom can have that parental talk for as long as they want.

"No one's getting rid of their powers," Sungjin says firmly. "And true, those people are the problem. So, how should we deal with them?"

The boys pitch in their ideas, everyone taking the discussion seriously that not one has had the guts to thrown in a joke--either they had a decent suggestion or they kept their mouths shut. Younghyun though, who usually gives the better ideas, has been silent the whole time. He'd give a nod every now and then, but never spoke a word.

"Okay, so we need to lure that man," Jae brings up the topic. "How should-"

"Dowoon is out of the question," Younghyun finally speaks, his voice louder than he had intended. "I'll do it."

"No!" Jae opposes strongly, grabbing onto Younghyun's arm as if he were going somewhere. "Not after everything he did to you! No Younghyun."

"Jae's right. I don't want you anywhere near him without the rest of us. They might also suspect that we're up to something if you suddenly appear on their radar," Sungjin seconds Jae.

"They know Sungjin hyung can control people, if he lures them they would surely come with more back up than necessary. We won't be able to handle it," Wonpil worries.

They're left with Jae and Wonpil.

"I'll do it." Jae raises a hand in the air.

"Hyung, no offense, but they hate you. Even if you appeared at their front door they would probably just shoo you away," Wonpil says earning him a spiteful look from Jae. "I volunteer. My power is valuable enough I would imagine."

"You can't just go displaying your portals in public smart ." Jae rolls his eyes at Wonpil. "I'll go with him. I'll be the gunsman and he'll be my getaway driver."

"We get to use guns and cars?" Wonpil eyes bulge out of his head in excitement.

"For the love of-"

"It's just an analogy Wonpil..." Younghyun explains, holding Jae back and calming him down.

"Okay here's the plan. I'll make a scene and make sure they find me and Wonpil. We go somewhere secluded so Wonpil can make a portal. The idiots follow us though the portal. Then to finally keep them off our backs we pretend that Younghyun destroys our powers."

"He needs to destroy our powers without actually destroying it..." Dowoon says to himself, unsure about how they would be able to pull this off.

"Plus we need to discuss how we're going to escape. With... or possibly even without our powers," Wonpil adds.

"I'd really love it if we could just kill them all."

"Jae hyung! That's a wonderf-"

"No Wonpil! No one's killing anybody," Sungjin says, much to both the boys' disappointment.

"Maybe we can send them through a different portal?" Dowoon suggests.

"Unless that's in outer space, it'll just be a temporary fix Dowoon. They'll still come back for us."

"If only someone can erase their memories..." Wonpil says mostly to himself, but this catches everyone's attention and they all turn to Sungjin.

"Sungjin hyung...?"

"I-I've never tried that before," Sungjin speaks nervously, avoiding his friends' gaze.

"You think you can make them believe things too?"

"Umm..."

Sungjin can hear everyone thinking it's the most feasible solution by far. He even hears Younghyun thinking to himself that it could work.

"No pressure but you better start practicing Sungjin," Jae hooks his arm around the leader's shoulders.

"Hyung, can you start with Jae hyung please? Try erasing the memories that made him hate me," Wonpil's eyes were practically shooting hearts at Sungjin.

"I'd erase you from this world first Wonpil." Jae's eyes look like they're ready to kill.

"We better get moving then. Dowoon let's feed you some breakfast, you're going to be working hard today."