D-Day

Hunt

It is the day they've all been preparing for. If things turn out as planned, they would be able to stop the organization and return to their previous lives without losing their powers and more importantly their own lives.

Jae and Wonpil enters a cafe. It's quite packed, the perfect place to start a commotion and attract certain people who were looking for them. After they've ordered their drinks, they choose a seat on the veranda.

Wonpil checks their surroundings. "This is definitely where we were sitting in the vision I had." 

"How much longer?" Jae asks, he had began tapping his foot.

"About 30 minutes."

No one talks; no conversation was going to ease their anxiety anyway.

Jae nor Wonpil drinks the beverage they've ordered. Jae was just playing with the straw, swirling the drink inconspicuously with his powers. While Wonpil had resorted to watching the tiny beads of water form on the surface of his plastic cup.

Before the 30 minutes are up. "Any more visions?" Jae asks anxiously.

"No, it's still the same. The video, a dead end and the portal. That's all I can see."

"Okay." Jae begins biting his fingernail.

"H-Hyung, I remember what you said..." Wonpil says silently, as he plays with the water that had condensed at the bottom of his cup. He decides that if he's going to die today, he's going to have the courage to say goodbye to at least one of them.

"I wasn't completely unconcious... I actually revisit that memory once a while. I never really felt like my life was worth anything but when the pain was becoming unbearable and I knew I was going to die, I realized how afraid I was of death. Then I heard your voice, and I became even more scared of dying. I-I will never forget the warmth when you enveloped me in your powers. Thank you for caring for me hyung. I know I haven't been the best-"

"Wonpil you're not saying goodbye, okay? We're all coming out of this alive," Jae tries to say firmly, but his voice comes out shaky. "I-I'd do it again... Try and save you. I would protect you Wonpil. I'd protect everyone with my life. Without hesitation."

"I'd do the same for you hyung."

The silence that follows isn't awkward. If anything, it's comforting, as if allowing the unspoken words which have finally been removed from their chests to bridge the gap between them and solidify their friendship even further.

Wonpil checks his watch then takes out a cellphone. "It's time. I'm ready whenever you are." 

"Wish me luck," Jae replies pushing his drink away. Closing his eyes, he takes a deep breath.

The tiny pool of water on their table starts to tremble and so do their drinks. Wonpil quickly hits the phone camera's record button.

People at the cafe were starting to become aware of the situation. Tables were shaking, causing unattended drinks to fall. A couple of items on shelves and racks came toppling down. Some people had taken cover under tables, others had ran outside, but most who noticed that the ground wasn't even moving, nor was there any commotion anywhere else, had taken out their phones and were filming. 

Wonpil doesn't waste time in posting his video on social media sites under a random account they had made. He makes sure to tag as many news stations as he could find. A few minutes later he receives a call from Dowoon. 

"Hyung, tell Jae hyung he did a really cool job. I've seen videos, it's gone viral. Sungjin hyung says it's only a matter of time before they find you. Take care okay? We're also on our way, we'll meet you on the other side."

They don't have to wait too long as a black van stops right infront of the cafe. Jae and Wonpil moves as discreetly as they can before making a run for it when they're far enough.

Wonpil leads Jae through the streets as he searches for the dead end he had seen in his vision. 

"Here! Hyung it's this one!" Wonpil pulls Jae by the hand as he turns a corner. A little further down, he opens a portal and lets Jae through. Wonpil looks behind him one last time before entering.

Now, they wait.