The Clairvoyant

Hunt

Wonpil’s mind is reeling, visions constantly flashing before his eyes, all of them bleak and foreboding. He despises being a mutant, now more than ever. How can someone with powers be so helpless?

The first vision he ever had, Wonpil mistook for a bad dream. But when he was scolded infront of the entire class for forgetting to do his homework, exactly the way he had "dreamt" it, he freaked out so bad he had an accident that still haunts him to this very day. It had taken a lot of comforting from his parents and a while longer for him to finally get used to his abilities. It wouldn't have been so bad, if not for the fact that he's unable to do anything about his bad premonitions.

"Dowoon, please, we need to go. We can't save Sungjin hyung. There's too many of them. We need to leave," Wonpil tries to reason with the boy.

He's on the verge of revealing what he had seen in his vision just now: three unconscious bodies lying on the floor, none of which were of those men. That harsh (almost) reality could knock some sense into Dowoon and convince him to run away while they still can. Or, it could also be the precursor for his vision to come true. Whatever it is, he decides to hold his tongue, his words can only do so much. He continues pulling Dowoon by the waist towards the stairwell as they helplessly watch Sungjin fall down. 

Run Dowoon! Run!

The youngest hears his brother's voice in his head one last time before he loses consciousness from across the hallway.

"Hyung!"

Dowoon pushes Wonpil away in anger.

Gradually, everything falls silent.

Wonpil panics. This was in one of his visions. “No! Dowoon! Please don't-"

"That isn't a good idea, boy. I'd listen to your friend if I were you."

The unexpected voice surprises Dowoon out of concentration, removing the sound dampening effects of his powers. He looks behind him only to find Wonpil struggling against a man dressed in white. Alarmed, he begins to open his mouth, but the man threatens him.

"Scream and I assure you the first one to die will be your friend here."

"Hyung…” Dowoon looks at Wonpil, the both of them scared and helpless.

"Dowoon you have to escape!" Wonpil cries, trying to get the man's arm off his neck. He suddenly has a vision of his friends lying on operating tables. "Please," Wonpil pleads with quiet desperation, tears falling down his face. He already knows this isn't going to end well, knowing Dowoon. Their youngest isn't only the most stubborn, he's also their most loyal member. Nothing's going to make him turn away from family.

“I’m pretty sure you’ve seen how this ends," the man whispers in Wonpil's ear. "Don’t worry I’ll show your friend here just how bad it’s going to be."

“Dowoon! Please!”

Wonpil’s words fall on deaf ears. The confusion in the younger boy’s eyes, growing. 

“You can still-“

The man stabs Wonpil with a syringe without warning, an annoyed look on his face.

"HYUNG!" 

"Dowoon... G-Go... Save your...s-self-"

The boy actually considers running. But where?

"YOU!" the man shouts, scaring Dowoon out of his thoughts. "You’re not going anywhere. I’m here to collect all 5 of you."