Round One. Fight!

Hunt

It doesn't take the boys long to figure out how to trigger their advanced powers on their own without the aid of Dowoon. Soon they're playing matches against themselves to put their abilities to the test.

"You sure you don't need that roll of tissue paper hyung?" Wonpil acts out sticking a tissue up his nose.

"I'll be fine," Younghyun replies.

Dowoon places a handkerchief in his brother's hand. "Just in case hyung."

"Thanks Dowoon." Sungjin tucks the hanky in his back pocket.

"Okay rules! Sungjin, no erasing memories of powers. Younghyun, go kick Sungjin's ," Jae announces, officiating the group's mock battle and, although they all agreed he would be the neutral party, Jae still made it clear which side he was on.

"Boooo!" Dowoon's voice resonates in the field.

"Give Dowoon a yellow card!" Wonpil shouts from his end.

"Shush! Okay, since Younghyun's powers are activated through physical contact he gets a handicap. Younghyun, whose powers will you be copying?"

"Sungjin hyung's," he answers without second thought.

"This is going to be interesting. Okay please meet in the middle. Good. Younghyun whenever you're ready. Sungjin remember not to resist, believe you me it'll hurt like a if you do." Jae gives Younghyun the stink eye, the boy could only smile apologetically at him.

"It was your fault hyung," Wonpil quickly defends Younghyun.

"Thank you for enlightening me Wonpil," Jae replies with much sarcasm.

It happened during one of their mock battles. Younghyun had been pitted against Jae and he had chosen to copy the telekenetic's powers, of course the boy strongly opposed to the idea. The long and the short of it was that Jae was in so much pain after the process. It even had quite the adverse effects on him, that for some time objects would be flying randomly around him. In the end, after repeatedly refusing Younghyun's offer to try and fix him, he was secretly healed while he was sleeping.

"As agreed, after the battle, all powers shall be returned to its rightful owners. Yadah, yadah, yadah. What else did I miss?"

Wonpil whispers in Jae's ears.

"Ah yes, Kim Wonpil-ssi here is kindly requesting the two of you to avoid using us, your dear friends, as props. Understood? Yes? I'll take that silence as a yes. Please go back to your positions."

Both Sungjin and Younghyun, who both now had the leader's telepathic powers, were standing on opposite ends of the field, their eyes burning with determination.

"On my mark. Ready! Go!" 

Dowoon whistles loudly signalling the start of the battle.

Younghyun quickly runs to the middle of the field. Sungjin immediately knows he's going for Jae's powers.

"You still need practice blocking people out of your head Younghyun!" Sungjin shouts from across the field and orders Jae to move back.

"Hey! Hey! We talked about this!" Jae warns the two.

Younghyun doesn't stop running despite falling back a couple of times from Sungjin's powers. Sungjin decides it's time to start running as well. He still doesn't understand why they had to include getting pinned to the ground in their rules for winning. It could have been as easy as messing with their brains to disable them and he wouldn't even need to move a muscle. But he knows he's going to have to stick to the rules if he wants to be a role model of a leader.

As he watches Younghyun get closer to Jae, he prepares to use his powers again, but to his surprise, Younghyun just moves past the boy. 

No, Younghyun wasn't going to copy Jae's powers, neither was he intending to control him. It was all a diversion, a fake thought meant to be read. Sungjin's about to do all the dirty work for him.

Sungjin can now feel Younghyun inside his head. He tries to bind the boy, but before he is able to, Younghyun had already erased his memory of planning to do it. The telepath tries to block Younghyun out of his head, but then his mind becomes fuzzy. He feels himself calling for Jae, Wonpil and Dowoon. He makes another attempt at pushing Younghyun out but the younger boy just refuses to yield.

Since when did you become this powerful Younghyun?

No answer. 

Three out of the five boys are now running towards one person, but Younghyun wasn't any of them. He had stopped running for a while now and was walking leisurely towards the others. 

Sungjin finally understands what Younghyun's trying to do. He tries one last time to shut everyone out, to stop all the crazy mental connections Younghyun had weaved inside his head, but he's too late. The battle doesn't even last five minutes as Jae, Wonpil and Dowoon tackle Sungjin to the ground--upon his own orders. 

Younghyun stands over the pile of boys grinning victoriously.

"I thought we all had an understanding that you were not to use your friends as props! Or aren't we friends anymore?" Jae seethes as he shoves the other boys aside so he could get up.

Younghyun extends his hand and Jae takes it, pulling the boy down to the ground with everyone else. There's collective groaning as Younghyun tumbles over his friends. 

"Yah! I didn't do anything," Younghyun says defensively, his nose starting to bleed.

Wonpil sees this and promptly prepares some tissue paper.

"The next time we're doing this I'm going to make a contract written and signed with blood from your noses," Jae declares, grabbing the piece of tissue Wonpil was rolling diligently, sticking it up Younghyun's nose.

"S-Sungjin hyung, y-you... D-Did you just control me to jump on you? I can clearly remember your voice in my head," Dowoon says as he helps his brother sit up.

Sungjin doesn't reply, he fixes his gaze on Younghyun. The silence was starting to make everyone else uneasy.

"It was him," Sungjin finally says looking like a proud dad who's still going to give his child a scolding.

"Younghyun?"

"He made me control you guys, so you would take me down."

"He made you control us, so we'd take you down?" Jae repeats slowly trying to grasp the situation.

"Who did what to who?" Wonpil's face screamed confusion.

Dowoon's mouth just hangs open, eyes darting from one friend to the other.

"You could do that Younghyun?"

Younghyun hesitates, he was unsure about how his friends would feel knowing how strong he could be with others powers.

"These past days, whenever I borrowed your powers and used them I never had a hard time. It felt natural, like it were my own. B-But it's not like I've changed my mind. I'm still going to destroy these powers." 

"Hyung! You're so cool!" Dowoon raves, bouncing like a puppy beside Younghyun. "That means, if you had my powers too then you'd be way stronger!" 

The others join in on praising Younghyun and the boy could only laugh nervously.

Sungjin places a firm hand on Younghyun's shoulder. "You were born with your powers for a reason Younghyun. Don't do something you'll regret later on."